Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ugh..the preview! Seth just pissed me off! I hope it's misleading and he actually pulls away from the kiss before Summer comes. But he sure didn't seem to hurt during the preview over the whole breakup thing.
I'm gonna go ahead and say the previews didn't bother me at all.

As I predicted, the Jenn/Seth thing is being played for screwball comedy. It's a classic device, someone getting kissed and all sorts of misunderstandings ensuing. But the names between S/S were clearly meant to be funny.

The real drama is still with her dad. Once they gt past the Jenn crap, then we know they sort that stuff out.

Also, as a bunch of us predicted, they are on the outs when this all happens. I'll bet we hear that she's refusing to talk to Seth and stuff, and he's angry and hurt, so it makes sense he'd accept a revenge kiss.

Plus, I'm sure he cheers up while planning the trip because it's a distraction.

Bottom line: we know they get back together.

Now, for the finale info. If we are to believe everything we've heard, rumor and "fact" and implication, all this is happening in the finale:[list][*]It's an emotional cliffhanger[*]the Cohen house burns down[*]Theresa is pregnant[*]Ryan must decide between Newport and Chino[*]Caleb and Julie get married[*]The Cohens consider moving to Newport[*]someone dies[*]there is some alliance for Marissa to take sides on

I'm forgetting stuff, I'm sure. But that's way too much for one episode. Some of it's gotta be false. I hope.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Loyal Fan

all of THAT happens in a one hour episode? Some of that stuff has to be false.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I also think it is pretty much a given that R/M break up in the season finale. How could they not? It seems as if they will have completely different storylines, not to mention the Theresa pregnancy issue, as well as how The Shower episode ended tonight. As they are sitting next to the pool cuddling, they both look as if they are looking in opposite directions, as well as looking as if everything is NOT going to be fine with their relationship. I think the big time panning in on them was proof that Josh was making a point that R/M are far from FINE.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I have nothing against them but I dont take anything said in the official boards very seriously.That said, I found this there and even if it doesnt qualify as a spoiler, it could create some speculation because we know Summer's Breeze is making an appearance in the finale.

I saw Adam Brody

Quote:
i knew people would think i was lying, but whatever.
i got there just in time for him to walk past me and say hi, but we talked to a few crew guys and a security guard for a while. they wouldn't give too much away, but they said it was a sailing scene where adam brody is sailing off into the sunset in the last scene of the last episode (i have no idea if this is true or not but my prediction is that he is finally going to go to tahiti like he always wanted to). but since adam doesn't know how to sail, he left after they got shots of his face, and then his double stepped in to do the actual sailing. his double was really ugly though and looked like he was in his late 30's, but looked like adam from the back.
[ 04-22-2004: Message edited PiPaS ]

* Ana *
Old 04-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't think R/M will break up, because they would of only been together for like 3 eps...that is too short [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

taod has some pics from the promo

[ 04-22-2004: Message edited * Diane * ]
Old 04-22-2004, 05:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Beckhamsgrl:
<STRONG>but do you think that Kirsten has a drinking problem? we hardly ever see her without a wine glass in her hand [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Totally. I was just thinking that. I bet next season there will be some sort of alcoholic storyline. She is funny when drunk but she clearly uses it as a coping mechanism - Thanksgiving, The Shower.

Someone said only one person was meant to leave ^
^
^
But I am sure I read somewhere that Ben hinted that possibly someone other than Chris/Luke was leaving.
:shrugs: Maybe Caleb has a heartattack or something? Or with this new 'psycho' Eddie [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] on the loose - he sets fire to the house or something.

I like speculating [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Holy Sweet And Cuddly Pandas
We're not bad people Mac. Just under-acheivers making up for lost time. [Scotland PA]
Avi <<- FlyingHigh25
Old 04-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

This show is great. The main reason this show is great is because of the adults. They are so funny and interesting. I am worried about Kirsten having a drinking problem storyline next year. Almost in all of her scenes she is drinking wine or something similar. I love Sandy and Kirsten, and I even like Haley and Jimmy. Has anyone heard what the real reason is that Caleb is marrying Julie?

I hope the Cohen's house doesn't burn down. I really hate for this show to end. It gets better and better.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Absolute Fan

This quote is from an article that was on the OC News Thread:

Quote:
Creator Josh Schwartz offered a cryptic hint: "We're building to this wedding, but the episode really isn't about that in the end."
Kinda helps support some of the rumors...
Old 04-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Totally. I was just thinking that. I bet next season there will be some sort of alcoholic storyline. She is funny when drunk but she clearly uses it as a coping mechanism - Thanksgiving, The Shower.
My friend and I were talking about this last night. They are totally doing an alcoholic storyline with Kirsten next season.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

On E! News Live, Alan Dale said that Caleb will have a black eye by the end of the season finale. Wonder who punches him.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EmmyMcBitchy:
<STRONG>On E! News Live, Alan Dale said that Caleb will have a black eye by the end of the season finale. Wonder who punches him.</STRONG>
Ryan? Makes the most sense. They're specualating at TWoP that Ryan might go back to juvie and that could be the cliffhanger..makes sense i guess.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

From TVguide.com:

Quote:
Elsewhere in the club, Party Boy cornered tight-lipped O.C. writer Josh Schwartz to pump him for dish. Expect "pimps and hos and strippers" in Las Vegas, where the season finale (airing May 5) is set. We can also look forward to the unholy union of Julie and Caleb there. In other news, Summer's stepmonster may appear on the show next year. Plus, Linda Lavin is likely to return as Seth's Jewish nana for Chrismakkuh.
I'm glad The Nana is returning next season, and I'm looking forward to meeting the stepmonster.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PiPaS:
<STRONG>I have nothing against them but I dont take anything said in the official boards very seriously.That said, I found this there and even if it doesnt qualify as a spoiler, it could create some speculation because we know Summer's Breeze is making an appearance in the finale.[ 04-22-2004: Message edited PiPaS ]</STRONG>
Okay someone else posted this at TWoP. I'm reallllly not trusting of anything said at the offical boards...but I dunno. I don't think the last scene of the episode is going to be seth sailing off into the sunset. The reason why is because he's not the A storyline, he's not even the B storyline. I don't think I've ever once seen them end an episode with seth. It's always with Ryan or Marissa. I'm skeptical of the sighting and even more skeptical that the season would end with "seth sailing off into the sunset to tahiti" I think the Summer Breeze will make a return, but I don't have any idea how yet.

And if I remember correctly Josh said (even though I don't trust him either) that he was going stir some trouble in S/S land one last time..as in using her father to cause problems, and that was supossedly it.

[ 04-22-2004: Message edited coleyoo ]
Old 04-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think it's very possible for Seth to sail to Tahiti alone in the finale. It'll tie into the pilot. He started the season alone and he'll end the season alone. Ryan must leave and something happens to Summer. Maybe her father sends her away for the summer. I can't imagine them breaking up especially after the drame with her Dad.

I too don't think the episode will end with Seth. It has to be Ryan since it's the big cliffhanger.

As long as it's written well, I wouldn't mind S/S being separated for the summer.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Absolute Fan

OOO, I can't wait to meet the stepmom!!!!!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread