Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I could understand it if Seth was 30 or something.. but he is 17, had one sex partner, and then attempts to jump into bed with the first girl who propositions him right after they break up? That doesn't make sense if you are "in love" or even CARE about the ex girlfriend. I'm not saying he cheated, obviously he didn't, but come on. The writing is getting sloppy. I guess whe now know what will happen the next time they break up. Seth will jump in the sack with whoever he can get. If Summer didn't come, he would have had sex with a prostitute. Wow. Impressive.

"I remember when the days were long, and the nights when the living room was on the lawn.."
Old 04-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Summer shouldnt have forgiven him so easily. Summer should have dumped him, I would have.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Exactly. I'm pissed they are ruining Summer with this as well. Not only do they make Seth a big dick but they turned Summer into a weak woman. Thats horrible.

"I remember when the days were long, and the nights when the living room was on the lawn.."
Old 04-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Absolute Fan

They've officially tarnished practically all the characters. I know every character is supossed to have faults...but this is just messed up.

I would have rather them broken up and then worked through it. At least then we would see the character's we have known and loved. I dunno I'm just very pissed at this point, even though they do get back together. It was just so freaking lazy.

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited coleyoo ]
Old 04-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

yeah, i just can't see summer caring about if her dad liked seth or not. i mean she'd never introduced him to anyone so it's not like she knows if he doesn't just hate him cause he's the guy that's dating his daughter.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 PM
New Fan

Its okay guys!! We have to remember that Seth is a 17yr old GUY, and that he was upset b/c of Summer breakin up with him b/c of her dad. I think the writers wanted us to see it as Summer drove Seth away and could have lost him all because of what her dad thought. Although i dont like seth kissing some other girl, that's going to be my justification for Seth acting like that. Im still excited to see how this whole plays out,maybe it won't be as bad as we are all thinking! [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind!" -Dr. Suess
Old 04-27-2004, 12:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, I agree that this is not Seth's most likable moment, but it hardly qualifies as a complete and utter travesty!

Let's remember that Summer ignored Seth for years, belittled him, used him to meet older guys, ignored him after they were together while flirting with another guy, and broke up with him because of her DAD.

In the gigantic balancing scales of their relationship, I think Seth is still winning.

They were broken up. Seth is not cheating. It's not an admirable action, but it's kind of understandable. He's heartbroken, hurt, angry, confused, and lonely. I'm not surprised he'd make an attempt to find physical comfort. And the 17 year old thing is more of an excuse, not less. I'd expect better from an adult, but he's a mixed up kid!

For all he knows, he and Summer are truly over and there's no budging her. And he's probably angry about it. He has every right to try and make himself feel better.

I don't have to like it, but I hardly think the show is ruined because of one mistake. Ryan slept with Theresa soon after he and Marissa broke up, and no one freaked out about that.

If it happens multiple times, then Seth starts to suck. But christ! Can't the guy make one (technically legitimate) mistake?!
Old 04-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Loyal Fan

If it was played as a mistake maybe, but he doesn't seem to qualify it as one. Its played off as nothing. He doesn't even fess up to what really went on, he tells her it was just one kiss and then admits it was more. Thats hardly sounding like someone who thinks their actions were wrong, a mistake. I think they missed an opportunity for character development because it certainly doesn't look like he is sorry, or learned some type of lesson. But what can you expect from writers who had Marissa lose her virginity over spite because Ryan was hooking up with Caleb's girlfriend? Probably not much.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

IA, emrie. I'm disappointed in Seth and I don't like what he did but I don't see this as something that's totally destroyed his character.

Caps of the kiss

Old 04-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Passionate Fan

emrie, WORD. I completely agree with everything you said in your post.

He's a 17 year old boy who just broke up with his girlfriend and is desperate for comfort. And the unfortunate fact is that the first comfort that comes along is a prostitute.

Thanks for the caps, fallingxforever! Very cute. Ryan looks hot in a hat too. *drool* [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 12:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey guys, I thought tonight's episode was great! It was made clear throughout the episode that Seth was mourning the loss of Summer and that he thought their relationship was over. Seth was completely drunk when the hookers were in the penthouse as well. Seth is just a naive kid, I think tonight's episode once again showed that. I liked it. It was witty and fun with serious touches in all the right places. Come on, Seth and Summer fans get some confidence! If you want Seth and Summer together then accept both characters and stop taking things so seriously. Instead of being worried that they're going to break up all the time wouldn't it be more fun to see the cute ways they make up at the end? I laughed so hard when Summer came barging into the room and Ryan was telling Seth about how he tried to stop her. hehe [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sometimes I wonder about so called fans of the show who seem to like to knock it down every chance they get. This is a show that pokes fun at itself, nothing is truly meant to be taken seriously. Lighten up guys, and just enjoy the ride. The OC is hardly a lesson on how to live a life. Just look at the line near the end between Sandy and Kirsten when she's telling him about the 'drunken cat fight', a total jab at the cat fights of dynasty, but this show doesn't take them seriously, thank god. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Chelsea [img]smilies/bubble.gif[/img]

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited *_Sparkle_* ]
Old 04-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow. Super thanks for the caps. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hey I just realized that I have a picture of me sitting on that thing that they're leaning on. Haha...2 degrees to touching Adam Brody. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited JoozerLoozer ]
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
Old 04-27-2004, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

He was drunk? That puts a whole new different spin on things. My computer's a little messed up so haven't watch the whole thing.

Anyhoo some more caps

Seth pinching Ryan's nose

R/M. Must be the California heat cause I found the kiss cute [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2004, 01:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Drunk? Multiply everything I said by ten.

I just keep thinking, that Ross slept with that girl while he and Rachel were on a "break." And most people still want them together. Ross is an adult; he should have been more in control.

Seth is a kid. He's officially broken up. And he only kisses the girl. Clearly a rebound act of desperation.

Also, I agree with others that we're supposed to be taking this as a situation where Summer's in the wrong. She dumbed him for a lame reason, she gets there in time to fix her mistake.

Plus
1. They look completely adorable and in love in those pictures. If this is what it takes to see that I'm all for it. At least this one time.
2. Seth doesn't know she's a prostitute, right?
3. Now that they've cleared this hurdle, the relationship (in TV terms) is probably safe for awhile. I hope.
4. Now Seth has admitted he loves her. Aw.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:06 AM
Extreme Fan

sorry, guys. I normally cap and clip the ep as soon as it's downloaded, but my uncle is in japan and I'm watching his daughter. I started downloading before I left home, but I won't even get to see it until tomorrow morning after I drop her off at school.

loving all of everyone's spoiler's though.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread