Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Passionate Fan

For me, this doesn't even come close to comparing to the LL breakup. We had 6 years invested in LL. With Cyrah, it's so much less. Not that it's not sad but for me it's not the same. I'll get over it. Also, if they do break up I don't want to see Mark back. Let it be a clean break for good. JMO
Old 02-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Well one things for sure, as heartbreaking as this is going to be, we're going to get some amazing acting from Lauren. I think maybe her best!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)
Well one things for sure, as heartbreaking as this is going to be, we're going to get some amazing acting from Lauren. I think maybe her best!
Yeah, she never ceases to amaze me. I love every nuance of her acting!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

someone just tweeted this video: Girl On TV - Landon Pigg ft Parenthood Cast
with the whole cast - so cute :-)
Old 02-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
For me, this doesn't even come close to comparing to the LL breakup. We had 6 years invested in LL. With Cyrah, it's so much less. Not that it's not sad but for me it's not the same. I'll get over it. Also, if they do break up I don't want to see Mark back. Let it be a clean break for good. JMO
I agree and ironically in this case I wouldn't mind it if the ex (Seth) comes back at some point, just right now we can see any plausible reason for the break up to have next week.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think it's possible that Sarah will go the "setting the one you love free" route when breaking up with Mark (if she does).

She'll take all those travel suggestions he made, which were really originally for her benefit (she mentioned wanting to visit Morrocco; NY is for her writing), add his desire to climb Mt. IForgetItsName and tell him that he needs to go live his life, do things he's dreamed of before being tied down like she had been as a young mother & wife.

She'll say those suggestions of his represent his own underlying need to travel & do stuff even if he meant it all for her sake or for their joint future only. He'll say that he doesn't need to do all that and she'll argue that he really does and must. And then she'll add that she has to stay put and be a present mother to the kids she already has.

JMO

The writers did say at some roundtable that they had no idea how Mark would ever break up with Sarah since he's such a loving & nice guy. So, he doesn't, Sarah breaks them up.

If it goes down this way, I'm sure much more than usual Sarah bashing will ensue on all those comment sites, stating what a flake & undecisive, unstable person she is, waking up from the Mark fantasy almost all too late. I won't like it, but I fear I might understand them...

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Passionate Fan

gjoni, I totally agree with you on how the breakup will most likely occur. I do think it is a valid point too. They are at different places in life and I don't think this makes Sarah flaky.

As far as the comments, I don't pay any attention to all of that. They are unhappy when she's with Mark. Then they're unhappy when she kisses Seth because she's meant to be with Mark. Then they're unhappy because she is planning on having a baby too soon. Now they'll be unhappy about the breakup. It's ridiculous really and I personally do not believe that these people represent the majority opinion.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the latest.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just think the show runners have handled the show Sarah/Mark story really bad from the moment it was known Jason had a new show come September. All season those who knew (which was most fans) had this thought in the back of their minds that it must end at some point, we just didn't know when or how. IMO they would have been much better to have Mark leave because of having a dream job waiting and not have them break up like this. Or just kill off Mark and be done with him. It's kinda been since the first season they can be together just as long as Jason doesn't have other work, like The Event or now County.

I really hoped we'd get some growth from Sarah but seeing that promo it don't look like she has grown at all in the last 2-3 years since the break up over Amber in S1.

I'd even buy it is Seth came back and Mark found out they kissed, he leaves leaving the story open for S4?

Sorry I'm rambling, as I said before the other siblings have all shown growth this season and throughout the series (so far) but Sarah just looks like she is back to day one and nothing has changed, I sure hope the season final can change my mind.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
gjoni, I totally agree with you on how the breakup will most likely occur. I do think it is a valid point too. They are at different places in life and I don't think this makes Sarah flaky.

As far as the comments, I don't pay any attention to all of that. They are unhappy when she's with Mark. Then they're unhappy when she kisses Seth because she's meant to be with Mark. Then they're unhappy because she is planning on having a baby too soon. Now they'll be unhappy about the breakup. It's ridiculous really and I personally do not believe that these people represent the majority opinion.
Debbie, I absolutely agree that it's a valid point, I just don't like how far into the relationship they took them this time, only to have Sarah suddenly and so quickly decide again, as with the first time, that she has to break it up. If it even goes down this way, lol.

Yes, the ridiculous comments - I don't even go to FB & such, in general. I was just relying in my post on what some of you mention once in awhile about the Sarah hatred going on there, so I imagine there will be more bashing. But, yeah, from the comments I've heard and how you put it, the only consistent is not liking Sarah, whatever she does or happens to her. I wonder if it's Sarah or Lauren they seem to dislike?

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I was just relying in my post on what some of you mention once in awhile about the Sarah hatred going on there, so I imagine there will be more bashing.
I don't ever go to the FB page anymore. In fact, if there was a button I could press to filter out FF posts that refer to FB or other message boards, I would press it in a second. Sadly, there is no such thing.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:47 PM
New Fan

A lot of the Sarah hate comes from Kristina-type women so I think that says it all lol. I always see comments where people call her a loser because she won't get a well-paying job as if she's a recent college graduate or calling her selfish because she wants to start a life with her boyfriend. None of it makes any sense.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we're getting a little off topic here guys...

Lets just agree that with the info we have there is no valid reason for the break up next week and hope that Ausiello can come through with some answers in the next 6 days.

BTW I've been saying for a while that with Amber moved out and Drew off to college soon it's time for Sarah to do something she wants, that's not selfish, she has been there for her family/kids for the last 19 years, it's time for Sarah to do something for herself.

Last edited by lancer1993; 02-22-2012 at 04:17 PM
Old 02-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

gjoni - yeah, Sarah setting Mark free is the only scenario I can imagine, even though I don´t like it that much.

Quote:
If it goes down this way, I'm sure much more than usual Sarah bashing will ensue on all those comment sites, stating what a flake & undecisive, unstable person she is, waking up from the Mark fantasy almost all too late. I won't like it, but I fear I might understand them...
I feel like it can´t be worse than it is now, seriously.

Quote:
I personally do not believe that these people represent the majority opinion.
After reading all the comments everywhere today I´m almost afraid it is

I think the writers did some damage on the reception of the relationship in the last 3 episodes.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Sorry I'm rambling, as I said before the other siblings have all shown growth this season and throughout the series (so far) but Sarah just looks like she is back to day one and nothing has changed, I sure hope the season final can change my mind.
I agree with this. She started on her writing. Helped Seth get back on the straight and narrow, but other than that, she is in the same place she was when she decided to move back home. Who knew that Crosby would be the one to grow, before Sarah!

We're all saying that Sarah breaks-up with Mark because of her children, That said, I think that as much as her kids need her, I think Sarah needs Amber and Drew. Her kids are her life. I know they're not little anymore, but your children are your children, no matter how old you're!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread