Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2014, 12:23 AM
Absolute Fan

So Joel holding Julia accountable for lying and kissing another man is him bringing this current situation on himself? Yeah, I couldn't disagree more. The fact that the writers are trying to sell this as a "too little too late, it's your fault, Joel" story is insulting and disgusting to me. He's essentially taking all the blame for daring to move out while Julia gets another love interest after *just* having one while her and Joel actually were together. Ugh. This story is repetitive and lacking any semblance of balance. Add Joel being jealous and it's just bad, bad, bad. If only he could be the one to ask for a divorce... Not holding my breath though, since Julia inexplicably holds all the power in what's left of their relationship.

Thank goodness for Zeek and Crosby for making the episode watchable. Heck, even Adam/Max/Kristina were more entertaining than the Julia/Joel nonsense.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This week we should get some good scenes with Sarah, yes they will be with Hank and Ruby but hey they are part of her life so can't be ignored. Also hoping for some good stuff with Amber and Drew.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
So Joel holding Julia accountable for lying and kissing another man is him bringing this current situation on himself? Yeah, I couldn't disagree more. The fact that the writers are trying to sell this as a "too little too late, it's your fault, Joel" story is insulting and disgusting to me. He's essentially taking all the blame for daring to move out while Julia gets another love interest after *just* having one while her and Joel actually were together. Ugh. This story is repetitive and lacking any semblance of balance. Add Joel being jealous and it's just bad, bad, bad. If only he could be the one to ask for a divorce... Not holding my breath though, since Julia inexplicably holds all the power in what's left of their relationship.

Thank goodness for Zeek and Crosby for making the episode watchable. Heck, even Adam/Max/Kristina were more entertaining than the Julia/Joel nonsense.
Well, Scorpio, you've summed it up pretty well. They have definitely made Joel an easy to abuse push-over. And they are definitely working to gloss over all unacceptable behaviors. But then, the show takes place in a liberal town, and it's written by a pretty liberal group. It makes sense that they would spin it this way.

Some people will always try to label disrespectful or destructive behavior as, "okay," by taking a round table vote on it. "Hey, our group doesn't have a problem with it, so it must be good."

But all the fiction writers in the world couldn't pen a permission slip for adultery, drug abuse, murder, etc. What they don't get is that pop culture doesn't make wrong into right just because, "the times, they are a-changing."

So, as the series goes to its death, it goes out with a whimper. Joel's ruined life will be cast in amber, unchangeable. No reason to be happy for him. Six seasons in the toilet. That's why I won't be back for another of their productions. American TV is, sadly, circling the drain.

And, let's face it, a lot of people just aren't going to understand until they are personally expected to give a warm hug to--and plant a wet smooch on--their own loved one who has just cheated. That has a way of making it a bit more clear.

Last edited by projoel; 10-27-2014 at 09:17 AM
Old 10-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Max has a girl in his bedroom in 'Parenthood' sneak peek | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 10-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
So Joel holding Julia accountable for lying and kissing another man is him bringing this current situation on himself?
julia knew what she did was wrong and stopped it immediately. like, cheating is wrong, but joel kept pushing julia to surrender her career, kept on climbing up her ass about victor, etc. it's like everything julia did/said was wrong... yet she was the one that kept pulling teeth BEGGING, PLEASE! on some level, he should be held half accountable for pushing her to be so emotionally adrift imo.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
julia knew what she did was wrong and stopped it immediately. like, cheating is wrong, but joel kept pushing julia to surrender her career, kept on climbing up her ass about victor, etc. it's like everything julia did/said was wrong... yet she was the one that kept pulling teeth BEGGING, PLEASE! on some level, he should be held half accountable for pushing her to be so emotionally adrift imo.
She was begging? More like pressuring because she's a control freak. lol How dare Joel want some space and not acquiesce to Julia. Now he's paying the price.

At this point, I'd prefer a divorce, especially since Julia doesn't seem to have any love left for her husband. She certainly doesn't look conflicted at all about dating Chris.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

pressuring someone to talk ALL THE TIME to try and WORK THINGS OUT! oh, gosh! what a nazi julia is. how could she? unfathomable!
Old 10-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Maybe she should have just let Joel have his space? I don't see how pressuring him when he wasn't sure or ready was a good idea.

Honestly, I don't even care about Julia moving on. She's within her right to do so. But the writers are selling this as a story where Joel is being punished for "destroying" his family when he did nothing wrong. Yep, this is worst story this show has done, IMO. Just horrible.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:11 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:30 PM
New Fan

Julia should not have been pressuring Joel OR dating/sleeping around.

She should have been working on herself, become the wife she always should have been. She never admitted fault, even to herself. She still blames Ed for the kiss.

Joel gave her a list of things that she needed to fix about herself. She blew it off and went out with other men. That's ALL on her.

I agree that Joel telling her to go fly a kite and finding someone who respects him would be best, even though I ALWAYS pull for romance to survive.

Think about this: Julia did not respect him. Then she disrespected him with affairs. Now he's groveling for her to stop. Even if she does, is she more or less likely to respect him now? LESS! She now sees that she can abuse him to any degree, and he will eventually come crawling back to her.

Joel is screwed.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:42 PM
New Fan

Amber looks really PG in "Too Big to Fail." Some time must have passed. A couple of months?

Ouch. That's not a good gap for old JJ. And that spells a lot more bed rocking to pay for later. Really doesn't seem right for Joel to try and get her back. She's remorseless and self centered.

INTERESTING SIDE NOTE: The character of Chris is NOT listed as being in Ep 6, 8, 9, or 10. JJ are listed for all four. Chris is in Ep 7 -- the mediator episode. Since I don't get the sides, I have no idea what this means, or if it's even accurate. Since he is just a bit actor, it could mean nothing. Nothing is listed for Ep 11 or up on any character.

Last edited by projoel; 10-27-2014 at 06:49 PM
Old 10-30-2014, 04:29 AM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
"LEAN IN"

11/20/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : PARENTING IS A BUMPY RIDE- Tension between Dylan (Ally Ioannides) and Max (Max Burkholder) reaches a fever pitch at the Chambers' Academy Open House. Kristina (Monica Potter) and Adam (Peter Krause) find themselves tangled in the conflict. Hank (Ray Romano) is thrilled to see Ruby (Courtney Grosbeck) excited about her school play, but an unexpected encounter with Mark Cyr (Jason Ritter) rocks the boat. Meanwhile, Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) recruits Drew (Miles Heizer) for help with a secret mission.

Also starring: Lauren Graham, Erika Christensen, Sam Jaeger, Bonnie Bedelia, Savannah Paige Rae and guest stars Betsy Brandt and Coby Ryan McLaughlin
NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE - Sunday November 16, 2014 - Saturday November 22, 2014 | Spoilers
Old 11-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm glad that this season exists because last season was so utterly crappy, but there are no stories left to tell. s2s.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread