Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2018, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
That’s fine too but I bet the majority of fans aren’t on social media and/or don’t express their views there. And the majority of fans I see on social media aren’t as dissatisfied with the show as you are. So I don’t think that’s an accurate statement or representation.
So the majority of fans i see on social media and I have seen a lot would disagree with you. Maybe your representation is inaccurate.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:06 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ You are like Avery. You're Switzerland

I don't watch the show, so I really do not care.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
So the majority of fans i see on social media and I have seen a lot would disagree with you. Maybe your representation is inaccurate.
No, I'm thinking probably not.

I would imagine you are only following people who don't like the show and/or have nothing nice to say, which might be why you believe everyone hates it. That makes a difference, for sure. Unless you're following everyone on social media who watches the show and actually posts on social media about the show, you can't know with absolute certainty. And remember, not everyone is on social media and not everyone who is feels compelled to post about this show or any show.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aside from this thread. I don't really follow the show even in s2 when javery was one of my big Otps I never really went to other sites other than spoiler thread or Nashville thread.

I will say in my three years following ouat it's hard to know what people think the internet community is small and people have biases. I see validity in both sides
Old 07-07-2018, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

I think it's safe to say with Rayna dying, certain OTPs being constantly separated or having unflattering conflict for them and characters, it wouldn't be a reach to suggest the fandom is divided. Much like The Walking Dead and OUAT before it ended.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

At this point, I just want to see how it all ends
Old 07-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
No, I'm thinking probably not.

I would imagine you are only following people who don't like the show and/or have nothing nice to say, which might be why you believe everyone hates it. That makes a difference, for sure. Unless you're following everyone on social media who watches the show and actually posts on social media about the show, you can't know with absolute certainty. And remember, not everyone is on social media and not everyone who is feels compelled to post about this show or any show.
I'm talking explicitely about the people talking about it on social media of course and there is a majority who dislikes the show even though there's also a certain amount of people who still like it of course. Maybe you are only following people who like the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I think it's safe to say with Rayna dying, certain OTPs being constantly separated or having unflattering conflict for them and characters, it wouldn't be a reach to suggest the fandom is divided. Much like The Walking Dead and OUAT before it ended.
It is very devided, and this division and the resulting argues of members on here resulted in the closing of the nashville board.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I think that's exactly true. I don't believe anyone can say with any level of certainty though that they know what the "majority" of the fanbase thinks or feels because they aren't all on social media nor do they all post about the show.

I do believe that most people who post on social media are those who are critical, so that could be why some believe it's the majority. It's also true on sites like these or in comment sections for articles, recaps, etc. And just things in general. People who are unhappy tend to speak out, which can lead to some thinking they speak for all, or most.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:47 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
It is very devided, and this division and the resulting argues of members on here resulted in the closing of the nashville board.
Oh, I didn't know that. It's always a bummer to hear that a board closes, for whatever reason.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

That's a shame.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
It sounds like the show has overstayed its welcome.
It has. There was a time I really liked this show, but it jumped the shark a long time ago and drove away viewers.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It jumped the shark around s3 with over doing Layla and juliettr supposed pd. They seem to be fixing it but then rayna dying which I can understand since actress wanted to leave but they stopped focusing well and ruining characters of j and s
Old 07-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
It jumped the shark around s3 with over doing Layla and juliettr supposed pd. They seem to be fixing it but then rayna dying which I can understand since actress wanted to leave but they stopped focusing well and ruining characters of j and s
Juliette's postpartum depression went on and on and on. For me, it got to the point that the show became too painful to watch. In a world where we expect a problem to be "fixed" by one or at most two shows' end, the romance was gone. There seemed to be no room for Hoping things would get better. Yes. I continued to watch every episode, but the love for my favorite characters was gone. I had no desire to invest any more effort into any of the characters. I suppose those fans who loved Rayna so much probably felt the same way when Rayna was "killed off" after Connie chose to leave the show. So, yes, I was hoping after six seasons, I would get a fairy tale ending for all these beloved characters, especially Juliette and Avery. But rumor has it that's not going to happen.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Juliette's postpartum depression went on and on and on. For me, it got to the point that the show became too painful to watch. In a world where we expect a problem to be "fixed" by one or at most two shows' end, the romance was gone. There seemed to be no room for Hoping things would get better. Yes. I continued to watch every episode, but the love for my favorite characters was gone. I had no desire to invest any more effort into any of the characters. I suppose those fans who loved Rayna so much probably felt the same way when Rayna was "killed off" after Connie chose to leave the show. So, yes, I was hoping after six seasons, I would get a fairy tale ending for all these beloved characters, especially Juliette and Avery. But rumor has it that's not going to happen.
I agree with most of what you said. For me Juliette’s PPD just felt like character regression, since she just looked like season one Juliette. I mostly watched for JA, so when it became clear that these two people who BELONG together where not going to work out, I was done. In the beginning I loved the show. All the characters and everything. One by one, they systematically ruined all but a few, for me. I loved Juliette and Rayna and wanted so much more for their friendship, but they just wanted to add more and more people and made it impossible at times for the regulars to have story lines together.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:09 PM
Total Fan

^ Don't know if you have been watching seasons 5 and 6, but that's the way I felt about TPTB adding all those new characters. For some reason, I couldn't feel a connection to their stories. It's really bad now during 6B, the newies are just clutter to take up precious airtime from the main cast. While I have nothing against any of the actors, I just would rather see my beloved favorites.

The storyline for Scarlett and Jake isn't reasonable. It's reckless and dangerous. Jake needs professional help, not the naïve attempts at help Scarlett has tried to give him. Her ignorance could get him killed.

In Marshall and the writers' eyes, Alannah is supposed to be a well-thought out character...…Someone to be admired, but IMO she has been sleazy and untrustworthy to most of the characters she's worked with, including poor delusional Avery. She is a player and a user who has no qualms about being underhanded to get whatever will get her what she wants. (In a recent interview, Jonathan Jackson said he had been told early on he and Alannah would become a couple. If that is true and I believe it is, then the writers had plenty of time to create an interesting well-rounded character....one fans could root for since Avery had put up with so much from Juliette.) The character we got with Alannah is one who is Hated by the fans.

Same with Jessie. Had they started Jessie and Deacon out as friends and developed that relationship and Waited before introducing them as a couple, the "Rayna" fans may have accepted them together. But the way things were handled IMO it seemed like Deacon and Jessie's romance was pushed down our throats, as if the writers were saying: we don't care how you feel about this. We have the power to create anything we want. We can and we will.

And Juliette....the Worst written character on the show. Why make her suffer through a horrible plane crash, find the church home , and have a somewhat, though Bat-Out-Of-Hell-Juliette-Crazy relationship with Avery. Just to join a cult the next season. Completely Asinine!

I can't even get into Will. He's been a non-person in S6B. Basically he opened a door, ruffled Avery's hair and handed Avery a beer last week in what was considered 2 scenes. So ridiculous!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread