Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
I liked this article. Said a lot of what we have been thinking, especially the part where Juliette needs to step up and become the new Rayna while Maddie becomes the new Juliette. This needs to happen!! Juliette is ready to step into Rayna's shoes if the damn writers would just let her. I would love for Juliette to invest in H65 so she could become Deacon's partner instead of Zach. He needs to go.

'Nashville' Season 5: Does the Show Work Without Rayna?
Interesting perspective, but not one I buy into. But there are plenty of opinions out there....
Old 08-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

That last song sung by maddie would've sounded so much better if sung by Juliette. He voice would be much better for that. But she is not meant to sing under marshalls rule.

I aslo feel this finale ended like a series finale and maybe should've been the real end. I mean there are no really interesting stories left to tell. At least not the way this season has been written and ended.

Last edited by Arrakis; 08-12-2017 at 10:31 AM
Old 08-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I liked this article. Said a lot of what we have been thinking, especially the part where Juliette needs to step up and become the new Rayna while Maddie becomes the new Juliette. This needs to happen!! Juliette is ready to step into Rayna's shoes if the damn writers would just let her. I would love for Juliette to invest in H65 so she could become Deacon's partner instead of Zach. He needs to go.

I don't know that Juliette needs to be Rayna. She can be manipulative and cut throat. What doesn't work as well as Juliette being manipulative and sneaky but then self-flagellates over her actions to the point that she's curled up on the couch for days or throws herself on her sword.

The big "b" have their places in these shows. Melrose Place doesn't work without Heather Locklear.

I think Juliette would work well as the intermediary between the artist side of things and the commerce side of things. She has wanted to be more artistic. But she has also been in the position where she needed to be commercial.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Interesting read. Can´t even with the part about trying to make Jessie the new matriarch She just doesn´t have the age and charisma for that part. Would work better to raise Juliette on that role or cast some older actress.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
That last song sung by maddie would've sounded so much better if sung by Juliette. He voice would be much better for that. But she is not meant to sing under marshalls rule.

I also feel this finale ended like a series finale and maybe should've been the real end. I mean there are no really interesting stories left to tell. At least not the way this season has been written and ended.
I'm hoping it is - even though I know the 16 episode S6 is coming up. Maybe by some miracle the show will be put out of its misery before they can continue to ruin it. At any rate, it was the end for me and in my imagination, this ****show of a season never happened.

I feel that the new showrunners have an incredibly and overwhelmingly negative view of women. That includes Rayna on down to freaking Daphne. That includes the randos they threw at Avery. Their view of men as longsuffering and saintly OR immature (Zach) isn't much better. I don't believe these writers capable of writing this show in a way that would match S1-4 as far as character depth (outside of Deacon, one of their pet characters) and staying true to the theme of Nashville. Not Rayna vs. Juliette, obviously, but the connection to music is now reserved only for some characters. When's the last time you've seen Gunnar/Avery/Will writing? Right. They view Juliette as a perpetually troubled person when that's not who she was in the original series. She doesn't have to be the Heather Locklear of this show - she wasn't meantto be. Some viewers wanted to see her actually truly happy (and Scarlett, the perpetual mope) and not flitting from one damaging action to another. They could have accomplished this and not lost her sass if they had the skill to do so. What the hell was the point of the entire religious arc if it led to nothing?

I'll be very shocked if all the main cast returns for S6. Highly doubt that all of them will make the cut/want to return.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I'm hoping it is - even though I know the 16 episode S6 is coming up. Maybe by some miracle the show will be put out of its misery before they can continue to ruin it. At any rate, it was the end for me and in my imagination, this ****show of a season never happened.

I feel that the new showrunners have an incredibly and overwhelmingly negative view of women. That includes Rayna on down to freaking Daphne. That includes the randos they threw at Avery. Their view of men as longsuffering and saintly OR immature (Zach) isn't much better. I don't believe these writers capable of writing this show in a way that would match S1-4 as far as character depth (outside of Deacon, one of their pet characters) and staying true to the theme of Nashville. Not Rayna vs. Juliette, obviously, but the connection to music is now reserved only for some characters. When's the last time you've seen Gunnar/Avery/Will writing? Right. They view Juliette as a perpetually troubled person when that's not who she was in the original series. She doesn't have to be the Heather Locklear of this show - she wasn't meantto be. Some viewers wanted to see her actually truly happy (and Scarlett, the perpetual mope) and not flitting from one damaging action to another. They could have accomplished this and not lost her sass if they had the skill to do so. What the hell was the point of the entire religious arc if it led to nothing?

I'll be very shocked if all the main cast returns for S6. Highly doubt that all of them will make the cut/want to return.
Fully agree with what you say. These guys are simply incompetent amateur writers, who didn't even bother to watch the show. Don't get why CMT hired this nuts. No other channel would have hired them.

I think they will likely all return, but I will be shocked, if not even one of the poeple like hayden, jonathan, chris or sam will leave mid-season or at the end of the season.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

Agree! I wish just for once they would write Juliette as being a happy care-free, sexy young woman who loves and is "turned-on" by her equally sexy husband. And as someone who adores and enjoys spending time with her baby daughter. As you asked about what the point of the religious arc was if it led to nothing, why did they have Juliette face her childhood demons concerning the loss of her father if she was to be continually stuck in the past? I wish they would at least try to come up with something original and fresh for her.

When I first heard all the things Marshall had planned for the show, I was so excited. I envisioned fast-paced up-beat stories about the HWY65 team going on tour together and the ups and downs of the music business with lots of light-hearted levity thrown in for some comic relief. Not the depressing mind boggling mire of each individual character that we got. I wanted to see Avery play back-up guitar with Juliette and sing duets with her on stage as Emily held Cadence and watched them from the sideline. The same thing with Gunnar and Scarlett... I didn't care if they were on-again or off-again. I just wanted to hear them perform together...to harmonize to that beautiful music. Same with Will. Same with Deacon. And for that fact, same with the Conrad sisters. (BTW, why isn't Maddie attending some kind of school whether it be public, private or home getting her GED?) I wanted the worst thing the team had to worry about was whether they would get to an arena in time or what happened to their costumes that have come up missing. I know this probably wouldn't work for 16 shows, but it could work for one story arc.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the discussion.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Total Fan

Wonder if they will give us any spoilers for season 6. I checked Showfax and there was nothing new on it.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not this soon. If they don't film til October, lets say; then sides won't come out til a couple weeks prior.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

I have to say, I am interested in seeing what the storylines are for next season considering they don't have to deal with the Rayna stuff as much. Maybe they'll finally get something right now that they have heard from the fans.

I loved Scarlett and Gunnar's song. It almost felt hopeful. I kind of took it as if we ever get another chance we'll do it better but I'm really interested in seeing if the writers can just have them work together with little to no personal drama.

Did Marshall say anything about a time jump? Or will it pick up where it left off?
Old 08-14-2017, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure who is responsible for changing the scenes the way they did but I'm very thankful that they did. I can take this happy ending and let this show continue to sink into the mire next season. I already know from how they're using the alternate end of S5 as their trailer for S6 that they're not going to be doing Javery any favors next year.
How do you know they changed the scenes? Where did you read this?

Quote:
And as far as the rings - I'll never believe it happened the way Marshall says it happened. Doesn't jive with common sense. JJ and Hayden wanted to do it (I can believe that) but he had to give permission. And in doing that he didn't ever stop to think, maybe we should write a scene for that? No? Just thought viewers wouldn't notice?? And then afterwards, once he knew we had noticed, why mock us at the writers' panel? If it was such a simple explanation, why not give it before now?
I totally agree. The showrunner runs the show, not the actors. He should've nixed that idea, if it did indeed come from the actors. And how could he not think the fans would notice!? Of course we noticed. They're wedding rings. Wedding rings. For a divorced couple. They're not frienship bracelets. Sheesh!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
How do you know they changed the scenes? Where did you read this?

I totally agree. The showrunner runs the show, not the actors. He should've nixed that idea, if it did indeed come from the actors. And how could he not think the fans would notice!? Of course we noticed. They're wedding rings. Wedding rings. For a divorced couple. They're not frienship bracelets. Sheesh!
Couldn't help but laugh a little at this. So true. This is one of the things I love about reading FanForum....reading an unexpected amusing comment. Catches me off guard sometimes.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Not this soon. If they don't film til October, lets say; then sides won't come out til a couple weeks prior.
I read they restart filming in mid to late september.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Did I imagine or did I miss something with Avery holding Cadence and a phone disconnected? Is that for NEXT season?

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Closed Thread   Post New Thread