Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2017, 12:32 AM
Total Fan

^ So cool!!! Have a great time!!!!
Old 07-04-2017, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Agree! While Avery is doing all the right things for Juliette's physical needs, he seems to just be going through the motions when it comes to her emotional and sexual needs. Not to sound crude, but Juliette needs some s-e-x and lots of it!! (Avery probably does too. Only he's not the one acting "Crazy.") One little peck on the lips from Juliette and a few light kisses on the forehead from Avery just ain't gonna' get it, and that's all we've got from season 5B. Juliette has a limp in her leg and there's no reason why they should not be making mad, passionate love all the time.....day and night. It's not like the writers don't know how to write love scenes. They wrote some beautiful love scenes for Rayna and Deacon. H*ll, Will and Zach get it on better than Javery does. I'm afraid all the coldness, the attention to others' success whether it be Maddie's or Hallie's, the disregard for each other's feelings, and the dismissal of attempted affection (Like when Avery tried to place his hand on Juliette's shoulder when she was washing dishes and she shrugged it off) is leading to a rupture in Juliette and Avery's relationship (whatever it is) that will not be able to be mended.

One more thought. I really, really hope Hallie makes a pass at Avery just to prove Juliette wasn't completely without merit in her accusations about the two. I want it to be a spontaneous thing out-of-the-blue that is quickly thwarted, But man, would that ever make me happy!
Just because we don't see J&A making love or snuggling on the couch or whatever doesn't mean they're cold fish toward each other. We're just getting snapshots into their lives. They seem like a happy, committed couple, so the assumption is that they have a good sex life too. However, that said, the writers need to show this side to their relationship. Why does every conversation take place in the kitchen or living room? Why don't they ever talk in bed? Why does Avery always kiss Juliette on the forehead as if they're brother and sister? Why didn't Juliette kiss Avery at all before she went to NYC? It's bizarre, if you ask me.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Agree! While Avery is doing all the right things for Juliette's physical needs, he seems to just be going through the motions when it comes to her emotional and sexual needs. Not to sound crude, but Juliette needs some s-e-x and lots of it!! (Avery probably does too. Only he's not the one acting "Crazy.") One little peck on the lips from Juliette and a few light kisses on the forehead from Avery just ain't gonna' get it, and that's all we've got from season 5B. Juliette has a limp in her leg and there's no reason why they should not be making mad, passionate love all the time.....day and night. It's not like the writers don't know how to write love scenes. They wrote some beautiful love scenes for Rayna and Deacon. H*ll, Will and Zach get it on better than Javery does. I'm afraid all the coldness, the attention to others' success whether it be Maddie's or Hallie's, the disregard for each other's feelings, and the dismissal of attempted affection (Like when Avery tried to place his hand on Juliette's shoulder when she was washing dishes and she shrugged it off) is leading to a rupture in Juliette and Avery's relationship (whatever it is) that will not be able to be mended.

One more thought. I really, really hope Hallie makes a pass at Avery just to prove Juliette wasn't completely without merit in her accusations about the two. I want it to be a spontaneous thing out-of-the-blue that is quickly thwarted, But man, would that ever make me happy!
These writers have a clear issue with Juliette/hayden and Avery/Jonathan for some reason. I don't know what it is.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
Just because we don't see J&A making love or snuggling on the couch or whatever doesn't mean they're cold fish toward each other. We're just getting snapshots into their lives. They seem like a happy, committed couple, so the assumption is that they have a good sex life too. However, that said, the writers need to show this side to their relationship. Why does every conversation take place in the kitchen or living room? Why don't they ever talk in bed? Why does Avery always kiss Juliette on the forehead as if they're brother and sister? Why didn't Juliette kiss Avery at all before she went to NYC? It's bizarre, if you ask me.
Crystal, While you are assuming they have a "good sex life", I'm assuming they don't. Really neither of us knows for sure, B/C the writers aren't revealing what happens in their storyline when the cameras aren't rolling or when the lights are turned off. Honestly, I like your thoughts better, but I'm still skeptical. We didn't have to guess about Rayna and Deacon. The writers showed us what happened while they were in bed "or snuggling on the couch". Same thing with Scarlett and Gunnar and Will and Zach. Nobody has to guess. It's clearly shown. So, I think we will have to agree to disagree about this one. But as they say....there's always the possibility of it happening next week.....
Old 07-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Crystal, While you are assuming they have a "good sex life", I'm assuming they don't. Really neither of us knows for sure, B/C the writers aren't revealing what happens in their storyline when the cameras aren't rolling or when the lights are turned off. Honestly, I like your thoughts better, but I'm still skeptical. We didn't have to guess about Rayna and Deacon. The writers showed us what happened while they were in bed "or snuggling on the couch". Same thing with Scarlett and Gunnar and Will and Zach. Nobody has to guess. It's clearly shown. So, I think we will have to agree to disagree about this one. But as they say....there's always the possibility of it happening next week.....
I can totally see your point. In fact, I've seen others say the same thing on Facebook. What's puzzling/annoying/aggravating is that the writers aren't showing this with J&A. I know sometimes the two of them are written as comedy relief. They can be very funny, and it's one thing I like about them. But they can also be very serious ... and sexy! Why not show all sides to their relationship? It's very frustrating.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Total Fan

^ So agree with you about the comedy relief. Last week's show had several wonderful scenes. One when Deacon took Daphne's phone away and later the scene with both the girls arguing as Deacon realized he had completely lost control. And don't forget the phone message to Daphne, "Sorry, Babe. Don't even think about it." But my favorite was the comedic interaction between Juliette and Avery at home. The two of them were spot on in acting and Hayden was so beautiful in that scene with such a spoiled child-like innocence. When Juliette said, "Watch! Watch! at the end of the scene, I laughed out loud. And when Avery said, "Oh, My god, did I just walk into a Twilight Zone episode?" Loved when Juliette asked, "Why do you think she welcomed me into the church?", and Avery hesitantly replied, "Because... she's... kind" as if he were asking: Is this a trick question? Every time I watch the episode, I enjoy it more and discover so many more nuances and little hand motions and sighs and almost undetectable facial expressions between the two of them that are subtle yet powerful to watch right down to that little noise that escaped Avery's throat when Juliette told him that Hallie was using him and his heart was just too good to see it. Hayden was excellent! Jonathan was excellent! Also loved that Juliette was watching the movie, All About Eve when Avery entered the room. They (meaning the actors and writers) should get nominations just for that scene alone.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Once again, CMT posted pics for the next episode and didn't include a single one of Juliette or Avery. Please, someone, tell me they aren't prejudiced against these two characters.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

To me it's clear as day, that nashville writers have no interest in Javery, or Juliette and Avery as individual characters. Juliette is for the millionth time the horrible gf/wife, insecure and OTT jealous. How many times have we seen this before? And Avery is OTT friendly with another woman that's not his SO. It's very telling, that we have no clue about their relationship status. We know more about Hallie's relationship status with her extra married bf, than series regulars, who have been on the show from the start.

Imo there's a reason Juliette is lashing out though, and I'm betting it's nothing good for Juliette or Javery. She's written as a clueless in every aspect of her life, in music business, in her relationship, in everything. It's really frustrating to see.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's a sneak peak for tomorrow's ep with more info than they normally give in a sneak peak. Sneak Peek | Nashville Ep. 517 Preview | Nashville S5, E
Old 07-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the sneak peek.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhashin (View Post)
To me it's clear as day, that nashville writers have no interest in Javery, or Juliette and Avery as individual characters. Juliette is for the millionth time the horrible gf/wife, insecure and OTT jealous. How many times have we seen this before? And Avery is OTT friendly with another woman that's not his SO. It's very telling, that we have no clue about their relationship status. We know more about Hallie's relationship status with her extra married bf, than series regulars, who have been on the show from the start.

Imo there's a reason Juliette is lashing out though, and I'm betting it's nothing good for Juliette or Javery. She's written as a clueless in every aspect of her life, in music business, in her relationship, in everything. It's really frustrating to see.
^ I could not agree more. Good points!!!!!!

Concerning the sneak peek Sneak Peek | Nashville Ep. 517 Preview | Nashville S5, E I have a question. Why does Avery have to go on tour alone? Why can't he go on tour with Juliette....like he used to? (Yes, I realize that's two questions, but....) He could still be Juliette's back up guitar player and singer. That's what he did with Layla. And he could take his band with him and be Juliette's opening act. Seems like a win-win situation. So, again I agree with mokhashin that upcoming storylines will be "nothing good for Juliette or Javery." And is he going to take Cadence with him, since Juliette has no legal right to her and that fact hasn't been resolved? Juliette and Avery are the only characters poorly written on the show. The. Only. Characters! Not right!!!
Old 07-06-2017, 06:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I found the synopsis for 5.18 on IMDB. Good news. Maddie and Daphne are not mentioned! Neither is Zach or any of the newbies. I can't tell you how excited I am to see my favorites (J&A, S&G, and Deacon) mentioned in a synopsis all at once. The only bad thing is that Will isn't mentioned.

Quote:
Juliette continues to be plagued by her injury. Avery finally gets a taste of independence. Scarlett and Gunnar shoot a commercial. Deacon plays a charity event.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks!
Old 07-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Total Fan

^ Thank you for the video.

Looks like yet another series of miscommunications with Juliette and Avery coming up next week, just like the night Cadence had the high fever and had to be taken to the hospital. Been there....Done that....Got the divorce papers to prove it. And did that statement by Avery, "Juliette, I'm not breaking up with you" bother anyone else? You break up with your boy friend when you're 16 years old. Not when you're in a committed relationship with your ex or should I say Mother-of-Your-Child. I hated Avery's smug accusatory attitude in the first scene. Going on tour without first speaking with Juliette was his second decision of the show. He made his first decision without Juliette's knowledge before this first scene when he got another producer for Hallie. Not very thoughtful as a lover or professional in a business sense. He just dismissed her throughout the whole scene with his It's-all-your-fault-I-had-no-other-choice-than-to-get-Hallie-another-producer-because-you-went-insane-and-made-utterly-paranoid-accusations-of-both-of-us........all Look-at-me-I've-sacrificed-so-much. It came across as being spiteful and holier-than-thou (IMO). Not one time did he question Juliette as to why she felt the way she did about he and Hallie's behavior. And just as Avery accused Juliette of being wrong about what she thought she saw, why couldn't he admit that maybe he was "wrong" too in the way he treated Hallie in front of his wife(?). One thing I also noticed was that Cadence got the kiss on the forehead instead of Juliette as he condescendingly told her to "have a good day in the studio."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread