Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
Well, if I were Chris Carmack or Sam Palladio, I'd be pretty unhappy right now. I would say the sam for Jonathan Jackson, but at least Avery is going to get a singing career. Though he has missed three eps so far. And if I were Hayden, I'd be really unhappy. When in the world will Juliette's own music be her focus? Yes, it was for a couple of eps, but then she focused on Haillie--for 2 eps in a row. She used to sing all the time. It's just weird.

lg238, where were you talking about the showrunners picking favorites? I'd like to go read the discussion.
It's in the arrow thread. I was not saying much about it. But the others where talking about this after I brought up the topic.

As for Nashville, my issue also is that many scenes are told from the perspective of the sisters or hallie. Like the scene where juliette was singing was actually a scene about maddie asking her for advice. But maddie was the main juliette the supporting character in that scene, same in the scene where hallie asks juliette for careeer advice. I mean juliette is mostly an adviser or overly jealous on avery. Ep 13 was one of the few that was really about juliette as a main character.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
And while I can't give details I know some in the cast/crew think the same way. I think cmt should fire marshall and get someone on board for S6 who can do this. Or let it be done by callie. Bc she made the first 2 seasons and they were the best.
How do you know this? And who aren't happy?
Old 07-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

^^ I'd be interested too. Do you know someone personally? Or is this secondhand information?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL29 (View Post)
^^ I'd be interested too. Do you know someone personally? Or is this secondhand information?
Twitter DMs with someone on set. But I can't tell here on the forum, bc that is risky.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Twitter DMs with someone on set. But I can't tell here on the forum, bc that is risky.
Interesting. But I guess, like everything else, it would depend on who you're talking to.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You expect cmt to allow some skin? Impossible, the ultra-evangelical nuts who watch cmt would boycott them. I'm already surprised they still have will on the show since homosexuality does not fit in the profile of a typical redneck cmt viewer. It should've never been saved by cmt but by some other channel. Something like amc, fx or netflix.
It's fine to disagree with a plot line, posters, or fans, but using derogatory characterization towards fans/posters is not acceptable. As it states in Fan Forum Rules:
Quote:
Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.
Please be respectful when disagreeing. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
It's fine to disagree with a plot line, posters, or fans, but using derogatory characterization towards fans/posters is not acceptable. As it states in Fan Forum Rules:Please be respectful when disagreeing. Thank you.
Maybe it came across that way, but this was not meant in a disrespectful way towards the poster I answered or anyone on this board. Not at all. If, then disrespectful towards the showrunners and the channel.

Last edited by Arrakis; 07-02-2017 at 02:40 PM
Old 07-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Total Fan

I've read all over Twitter and Facebook where CMTNashville is asking if Juliette should be jealous of Avery's relationship with Hallie. Here are a few of my thoughts. Just my opinions. Nothing more. Avery has proven himself to be a bad judge of potential sexual situations when it comes to women. He stayed with Scarlett long after he had fallen in love with Juliette. His relationship with Layla Grant started out as "only" a producing jig until she planted that kiss on him in her tour bus and then his mind kicked out of gear and his libido soon took over. Why couldn't the same thing happen with Hallie? The very excitment Avery and Hallie had about the record could be construed as a way to bring them together (with or without them planning for it to happen.)

After losing her boyfriend, Hallie is vulnerable. Unlike Layla, she may not be planning to come-on to Avery, but with Avery and Juliette not seeming to "connect" in their personal lives, and with Avery and Hallie's love of roots music, his infatuation with her "amazing instrument" of a voice,..... "her control, her range, everything!" and them working in close quarters with and without Juliette being present or she having any real participation in the production of Hallie's music,....well, I believe things could get out of hand very quickly!

When Juliette walked into the studio unannounced while Hallie was recording and both Hallie and Avery were so engrossed in Hallie's song that they didn't know Juliette had entered the room, a red flag went off in my head. The song itself played a big role in the scene too. Hallie singing the hypnotising words "You Can Count On Me" over and over and over again to a man who didn't feel his lover(?) could be trusted to be counted on. Those words mesmerized both Avery and Hallie which created a very sexy scene. I get it. His ego was stroked. He got his way: Hallie wasn't singing the song Juliette choose. He was feeling proud of his achievements and the part he had played in the making of this powerful song......emotions he hadn't felt in a long time. And whether Hallie realized it or not at that moment Hallie had someone who was paying total attention to her (and only her.) and vice versa. So much so that neither of them noticed Juliette standing there or when she left the room. And what was that?....When later on in another scene at the studio after the song had been completed and all three were listening to the finished product, Avery pacing with excitment before he sat down beside Hallie and they had their imtimate conversation as Juliette lay on the sofa in the background listening and watching Avery and Hallie coo over each other as they touched, admired, and praised the other about who had done more to make the song great. Red flag!

The way Avery treats Hallie when compared to the way he treats Juliette also bothers me. Many times over the past few shows Avery has spoken alone with Hallie "putting out the fires" Juliette started, talking not only about business, but also about IMO issues that are too intimate. He spoke with her very softly and tenderly explaining in great and patient detail what's going on in the production of her music and hearing what she had to say about her personal life. He shared with her that he had "been there" when dealing with loneliness. (Words that could be taken the wrong way by a lonely woman who just lost her boyfriend and also for a woman who has just had this new career door open in her life.) While Avery shared some patient, tender conversations with Juliette at the beginning of season 5, lately he seems to be impatient and rather dismissive toward her, very often making expressions of annoyance or disbelief at everything she says. Yes, Juliette is being difficult in some of the scenes, but that's all the more reason he needs to show her more attention, patience and respect than he shows Hallie.

Last edited by nashville fan; 07-02-2017 at 03:06 PM
Old 07-03-2017, 06:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, more people aren't happy with the way things are going....

Curious to see what this person will post. Only Rayna / Deyna or more from the first seasons. I'm gonna follow. Hopefully some of the magic from the earlier seasons will re appear on twitter...

Old 07-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I've read all over Twitter and Facebook where CMTNashville is asking if Juliette should be jealous of Avery's relationship with Hallie. Here are a few of my thoughts. Just my opinions. Nothing more. Avery has proven himself to be a bad judge of potential sexual situations when it comes to women. He stayed with Scarlett long after he had fallen in love with Juliette. His relationship with Layla Grant started out as "only" a producing jig until she planted that kiss on him in her tour bus and then his mind kicked out of gear and his libido soon took over. Why couldn't the same thing happen with Hallie? The very excitment Avery and Hallie had about the record could be construed as a way to bring them together (with or without them planning for it to happen.)

After losing her boyfriend, Hallie is vulnerable. Unlike Layla, she may not be planning to come-on to Avery, but with Avery and Juliette not seeming to "connect" in their personal lives, and with Avery and Hallie's love of roots music, his infatuation with her "amazing instrument" of a voice,..... "her control, her range, everything!" and them working in close quarters with and without Juliette being present or she having any real participation in the production of Hallie's music,....well, I believe things could get out of hand very quickly!

When Juliette walked into the studio unannounced while Hallie was recording and both Hallie and Avery were so engrossed in Hallie's song that they didn't know Juliette had entered the room, a red flag went off in my head. The song itself played a big role in the scene too. Hallie singing the hypnotising words "You Can Count On Me" over and over and over again to a man who didn't feel his lover(?) could be trusted to be counted on. Those words mesmerized both Avery and Hallie which created a very sexy scene. I get it. His ego was stroked. He got his way: Hallie wasn't singing the song Juliette choose. He was feeling proud of his achievements and the part he had played in the making of this powerful song......emotions he hadn't felt in a long time. And whether Hallie realized it or not at that moment Hallie had someone who was paying total attention to her (and only her.) and vice versa. So much so that neither of them noticed Juliette standing there or when she left the room. And what was that?....When later on in another scene at the studio after the song had been completed and all three were listening to the finished product, Avery pacing with excitment before he sat down beside Hallie and they had their imtimate conversation as Juliette lay on the sofa in the background listening and watching Avery and Hallie coo over each other as they touched, admired, and praised the other about who had done more to make the song great. Red flag!

The way Avery treats Hallie when compared to the way he treats Juliette also bothers me. Many times over the past few shows Avery has spoken alone with Hallie "putting out the fires" Juliette started, talking not only about business, but also about IMO issues that are too intimate. He spoke with her very softly and tenderly explaining in great and patient detail what's going on in the production of her music and hearing what she had to say about her personal life. He shared with her that he had "been there" when dealing with loneliness. (Words that could be taken the wrong way by a lonely woman who just lost her boyfriend and also for a woman who has just had this new career door open in her life.) While Avery shared some patient, tender conversations with Juliette at the beginning of season 5, lately he seems to be impatient and rather dismissive toward her, very often making expressions of annoyance or disbelief at everything she says. Yes, Juliette is being difficult in some of the scenes, but that's all the more reason he needs to show her more attention, patience and respect than he shows Hallie.

I completely agree.

Avery also has the habit of going OTT for other woman, who he's not with, and it always makes the woman he is with feel insecure. He did it with Scarlett, which led to Juliette cheating. He did it with Juliette, when he was with Scarlett, which led to Scarlett to dump him. He's now doing it with Hallie. I would love to see Avery's reaction if Juliette behaved like this with another man. But that will never happen, Juliette is going yo be the insecure villain in all of their stories, and Avery woos everyone off their feet, and is never in the wrong.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with both of you. When I first watched the ep, I thought Juliette was crazy, yet I also sympathized with her. It would be hard to watch the two of them have their love fest of each other's talent, especially when Juliette's ideas were overruled. She's not just insecure and pissed about the song choice but she's seeing them have a connection with each other that they aren't sharing with her.

So I understand her reaction. It was just totally over the top. I don't think Hallie has feelings for Avery--at least not yet. He's younger than her. In real life she's 5 years older than JJ, and while that's not a lot, it makes them nto seem like a romantic hookup, imo. Plus, the height thing, I think, makes them also look like they wouldn't be a couple. What I'm saying is, I'm not getting a sexual vibe between them. Just a friend vibe. There's no chemistry. So while I can understand Juliette not being happy about the way Avery and Hallie are acting, I just don't see anything for her to be jealous about. Which makes her reaction really ridiculous, imo.

That said, Avery is very clueless about how he is with women. Juliette knows how good looking he is, and I don't know if he's totally unaware of that or what, but I think she's right to think to think other women would find him attractive. Plus, he's terrible about telling Juliette how much he loves her and being extra sensitive to the fact that she might be jealous. He's too cavalier about Juliette's feelings about other women. Just some reassurance from him might've prevented the whole thing.

I'd love for J&A to talk about this, but knowing the show, they won't.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the tweets.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Loyal Fan

This reviewer has some interesting theories about J&A and where she thinks the writers are going with their relationship. Basically she thinks this is heading to a talk between the two since they've never talked about the issues they had pre-PPD and pre-plane crash. What do you think?

Nashville - Not Ready to Make Nice - Review: "A Simple Life"
Old 07-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I agree with both of you. When I first watched the ep, I thought Juliette was crazy, yet I also sympathized with her. It would be hard to watch the two of them have their love fest of each other's talent, especially when Juliette's ideas were overruled. She's not just insecure and pissed about the song choice but she's seeing them have a connection with each other that they aren't sharing with her.

So I understand her reaction. It was just totally over the top. I don't think Hallie has feelings for Avery--at least not yet. He's younger than her. In real life she's 5 years older than JJ, and while that's not a lot, it makes them nto seem like a romantic hookup, imo. Plus, the height thing, I think, makes them also look like they wouldn't be a couple. What I'm saying is, I'm not getting a sexual vibe between them. Just a friend vibe. There's no chemistry. So while I can understand Juliette not being happy about the way Avery and Hallie are acting, I just don't see anything for her to be jealous about. Which makes her reaction really ridiculous, imo.

That said, Avery is very clueless about how he is with women. Juliette knows how good looking he is, and I don't know if he's totally unaware of that or what, but I think she's right to think to think other women would find him attractive. Plus, he's terrible about telling Juliette how much he loves her and being extra sensitive to the fact that she might be jealous. He's too cavalier about Juliette's feelings about other women. Just some reassurance from him might've prevented the whole thing.

I'd love for J&A to talk about this, but knowing the show, they won't.
Agree! While Avery is doing all the right things for Juliette's physical needs, he seems to just be going through the motions when it comes to her emotional and sexual needs. Not to sound crude, but Juliette needs some s-e-x and lots of it!! (Avery probably does too. Only he's not the one acting "Crazy.") One little peck on the lips from Juliette and a few light kisses on the forehead from Avery just ain't gonna' get it, and that's all we've got from season 5B. Juliette has a limp in her leg and there's no reason why they should not be making mad, passionate love all the time.....day and night. It's not like the writers don't know how to write love scenes. They wrote some beautiful love scenes for Rayna and Deacon. H*ll, Will and Zach get it on better than Javery does. I'm afraid all the coldness, the attention to others' success whether it be Maddie's or Hallie's, the disregard for each other's feelings, and the dismissal of attempted affection (Like when Avery tried to place his hand on Juliette's shoulder when she was washing dishes and she shrugged it off) is leading to a rupture in Juliette and Avery's relationship (whatever it is) that will not be able to be mended.

One more thought. I really, really hope Hallie makes a pass at Avery just to prove Juliette wasn't completely without merit in her accusations about the two. I want it to be a spontaneous thing out-of-the-blue that is quickly thwarted, But man, would that ever make me happy!
Old 07-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm going going to Clare's Melbourne show tonight! can't wait.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread