Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2017, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 06-29-2017, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Finally watched last week's episode. I enjoyed Rachel Bilson's character, even though we didn't get much of her. She doesn't seem to want to cause problems yet, but is trying to help overall. Wonder how/if that will change in the future.
Someone told me they saw an interview with her last week, and she said she was only in 5 episodes and then she leaves.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL29 (View Post)
Disagree with everything you've said. And yes, you are promoting stereotypes, which has nothing to do with politics. But you brought up the conservatives, so....
That stereotype thing is off topic anyways and I don't want to go on with this. But as for the show, there must be a reason for all these changes, not just that it became more prude but also all the other crap like sidelining main characters and favoring certain others, etc. And even if you don't like it marshall very likely is the reason for all these changes (whatever his reasons for these changes were)
Old 06-29-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If you think Marshall brought these changes, perhaps you could refresh my memory of when they actually did show skin? Was it in Season 4? 3?
Old 06-29-2017, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
Someone told me they saw an interview with her last week, and she said she was only in 5 episodes and then she leaves.
But she is in the new promo pics....
Old 06-29-2017, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

OMG Scarlett is like 20 weeks. I'm so terrified of how the writers are planning on doing this. Ugh it makes me sick thinking about it
Old 06-29-2017, 10:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashie (View Post)
But she is in the new promo pics....
Do you have the link to them?

there are only 7 more episodes so she is in 4?

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Do you have the link to them?

there are only 7 more episodes so she is in 4?
I mean the CMT header etc

They would not do that if she is there for only a few episodes?!?! Hallie isnt in the headers and she was in a lot more episodes.

I really didn't like tonight episode btw.

Last edited by Manon; 06-29-2017 at 10:53 PM
Old 06-30-2017, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
If you think Marshall brought these changes, perhaps you could refresh my memory of when they actually did show skin? Was it in Season 4? 3?
They never showed real nudity, but people in underwear yes. Now the characters even have a hard time kissing.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:20 AM
Loyal Fan

There used to be scenes of making love, artfully done, of course, with some skin but no real nudity. And yes, J&A don't even kiss on the lips. Avery kisses Juliette on the forehead, or she leaves for New York with a pat on his arm.

That said, I actually liked the girls' storyline the best this episode, which shocked me because I am so sick of them. But it was nice to see them be together, in a sense. I would love it if they were together going forward as an act rather than Maddie by herself. I think they're much better together.

I also really liked Deacon in this ep. He was more than just the curmudgeonly Highway65 executive, and I related to him trying to be a dad and keeping true to the label and all that.

But what in the world is going on with Juliette? Has she lost her mind? Yes, I would be annoyed too if I saw Hailley and Avery smiling at each other and stuff, but H&A have no chemistry, at least not that way. Plus Hailey is too tall and too old for Avery. I just hate that the writers have pushed Juliette to another extreme.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

[QUOTE=Nashie;90648831]I mean the CMT header etc

They would not do that if she is there for only a few episodes?!?! Hallie isnt in the headers and she was in a lot more episodes.

I really didn't like tonight episode btw.

Thanks, I saw that. I was surprised if she was only a guest star she would be in that picture, but 5 episodes? And the first one she was barely in? That makes no sense.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-30-2017, 07:47 AM
Loyal Fan

^Maybe she's only in a few episodes this season, but will be back as a regular next season and that's why she's in the header? Or maybe they think her picture will draw in more viewers, so they put it there even though she's not in many episodes?
Old 06-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
^Maybe she's only in a few episodes this season, but will be back as a regular next season and that's why she's in the header? Or maybe they think her picture will draw in more viewers, so they put it there even though she's not in many episodes?
I thought I saw somewhere that she moved to Nashville. If you are only for a few eps, you wouldn't do that.... So far not impressies by her character btw

And Juliette looked paranoid this episode, was so happy to see her old zelf the last eps, but in this episode she was awful (sorry Javery fans)
Old 07-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
The amount of songs hallie and also the girls get is ridiculous Juliette has 2, scunnar has 2 avery has 3 but no javery duet ad hallie has 9 so far and the sisters 10. As for screen time it's not that bad but still too mcuh sisters, too much hallie and zach. I talked in another thread on this board with people about how bad it is when showrunners have some favorites in an ensemble of actors (which are not necessarily fan favorites) and try to promote their characters by all available means and feauture them and their stuff much more than with any other character. They literally shove them down our throats. And while I can't give details I know some in the cast/crew think the same way. I think cmt should fire marshall and get someone on board for S6 who can do this. Or let it be done by callie. Bc she made the first 2 seasons and they were the best.

Last edited by Arrakis; 07-01-2017 at 08:46 AM
Old 07-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
The amount of songs hallie and also the girls get is ridiculous Juliette has 2, scunnar has 2 avery has 3 but no javery duet ad hallie has 9 so far and the sisters 10. As for screen time it's not that bad but still too mcuh sisters, too much hallie and zach. I talked in another thread on this board with people about how bad it is when showrunners have some favorites in an ensemble of actors (which are not necessarily fan favorites) and try to promote their characters by all available means and feauture them and their stuff much more than with any other character. They literally shove them down our throats. And while I can't give details I know some in the cast/crew think the same way. I think cmt should fire marshall and get someone on board for S6 who can do this. Or let it be done by callie. Bc she made the first 2 seasons and they were the best.
Well, if I were Chris Carmack or Sam Palladio, I'd be pretty unhappy right now. I would say the sam for Jonathan Jackson, but at least Avery is going to get a singing career. Though he has missed three eps so far. And if I were Hayden, I'd be really unhappy. When in the world will Juliette's own music be her focus? Yes, it was for a couple of eps, but then she focused on Haillie--for 2 eps in a row. She used to sing all the time. It's just weird.

lg238, where were you talking about the showrunners picking favorites? I'd like to go read the discussion.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread