Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2017, 07:14 AM
  #256
Addicted Fan

 
nashville fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,085
^ Steven L. Betts did a great writeup for this episode. I laughed throughout the whole article.....something I haven't done lately when reading anything about the show.That felt really good. More, More, I want more of this kind of reviews.

Also I totally agree that the comments concerning Clare/Scarlett posted by Facebook and Twitter fans have been brutal in their opinions about what has happened to Scarlett. You would think the showrunners would read this stuff and pick up on fans' displeasure. I believe the ones who share their ideas are only a minute number of people who feel the same way but haven't relayed their sentiments. It makes me very sad when I read the posts, but I must admit I usually agree with the majority of them. I wish the alien that abducted Scarlett and left her in this AU would go back home and leave her alone.
nashville fan is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 08:01 AM
  #257
Master Fan

 
Jp10ah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ Steven L. Betts did a great writeup for this episode. I laughed throughout the whole article.....something I haven't done lately when reading anything about the show.That felt really good. More, More, I want more of this kind of reviews.

Also I totally agree that the comments concerning Clare/Scarlett posted by Facebook and Twitter fans have been brutal in their opinions about what has happened to Scarlett. You would think the showrunners would read this stuff and pick up on fans' displeasure. I believe the ones who share their ideas are only a minute number of people who feel the same way but haven't relayed their sentiments. It makes me very sad when I read the posts, but I must admit I usually agree with the majority of them. I wish the alien that abducted Scarlett and left her in this AU would go back home and leave her alone.
How do the writers not know?! They're making her say "I don't know" all the time about everything. They have to know they're making her annoying by the things they make her say. "It's about the baby" nothing is about the baby! Not one person talked about the baby except Damien. It's like she's oblivious that a baby is coming. I'm so sick of her crying about her indecisiveness. And it's not even what she says it's how Clare acts. Always offended/shocked/scared looking. The directors need to step in because she never used to act like this
__________________
307
Jp10ah is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 08:09 AM
  #258
Extreme Fan
 
soup333's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
How do the writers not know?! They're making her say "I don't know" all the time about everything. They have to know they're making her annoying by the things they make her say. "It's about the baby" nothing is about the baby! Not one person talked about the baby except Damien. It's like she's oblivious that a baby is coming. I'm so sick of her crying about her indecisiveness. And it's not even what she says it's how Clare acts. Always offended/shocked/scared looking. The directors need to step in because she never used to act like this
I think they have stepped in...

I'm not sure Clare would care if people wanted her character killed off. They've been saying that about Juliette forever. Wishing she'd died back when she had PPD and I just read where someone said they'd rather she'd have died instead of Rayna. I've seen people say that about Maddie too.

Clare was also kind of pushing this whole independent Scarlett thing, but I really don't think it's going over like they expected it to. Not that they care, but it's gotten progressively worse since 505. Her actions just don't make any sense at all. But hell, when you have Callie herself writing **** like this, what can you say? I can't even blame this one on the new guys.
soup333 is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 08:33 AM
  #259
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,076
One thing I have noticed, at least I think I have, is that the pace of the show has picked up. In the begining of S5, Marshall made a big point about slowing down the pace and letting scenes breathe. I thought that just took the energy out of the show and some of the longer scenes felt redundant. Remember when Rayna spent an entire episode badgering Deacon into doing an album with her?

I know some people liked the change of pace, and I agree that the old way was too frenetic. But I thought they went too far in the other direction and it made the show kind of boring sometimes.

Anyway, it seems like that idea has been dropped. Scenes move faster, and some of them are very short again, which I think is necessary sometimes. There's less of letting the camera linger on someone as they stare off into space or rub their eyes as they wake up in a van. LOL They cut to the chase quicker, imo, and it makes for tighter episodes.

Or am I just hallucinating this? LOL
Crystal222 is online now  
Old 06-19-2017, 10:20 AM
  #260
Master Fan

 
Jp10ah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I think they have stepped in...

I'm not sure Clare would care if people wanted her character killed off. They've been saying that about Juliette forever. Wishing she'd died back when she had PPD and I just read where someone said they'd rather she'd have died instead of Rayna. I've seen people say that about Maddie too.

Clare was also kind of pushing this whole independent Scarlett thing, but I really don't think it's going over like they expected it to. Not that they care, but it's gotten progressively worse since 505. Her actions just don't make any sense at all. But hell, when you have Callie herself writing **** like this, what can you say? I can't even blame this one on the new guys.
There is nothing independent about Scarlett's story. I don't get how Callie doesn't see that. If they wanted her to be this independent person she should have got her own place. And I don't even mean Deacon's house. I mean start new! A real independent start for her. She should have dropped Gunnar because she's anything but independent when it comes to him, she needs him more than she admits. Then she would be free to date and sleep with Damien as she saw fit. Her entire storyline is anything but strong/independent. Being cruel and self-righteous is not strength. I don't know anything about her anymore. What are her dreams? Hell if I know because she doesn't seem to care for fame, she gives bad advice about the industry, all these amazing things have happened in her career and I don't think she's smiled about it once. Never grateful for her fortune when it comes to the life she gets to lead. Just constant, I'm so sad because I love two guys! It's so awful boo-hoo feel sorry for me. God is punishing me for having fun with Damien. No you slept with him and didn't use a condom when you barely know the guy, own your bad choice. Not once has she talked about her baby. Then she ends it with Damien because she wants stability. What that says to me is that she's going to use Gunnar. Not the strength I was hoping for. They didn't even tell Damien he could see the baby whenever he likes. Literally nothing about the baby! I think it just makes it clear that the writers aren't writing with the baby in mind already. There will be no baby. I hate when shows throw miscarriages into storylines for drama. It always just seems like a last effort to create drama and then they handle them terribly! She's over 12 weeks pregnant and I bet they'll just have it be over super easy. When no, that's not how it works. This would be traumatic and its insensitive for the writers to pretend it's easy because they don't want to write the hard stuff

Rant over! I know it's redundant

Crystal, I'm 100% with you. The storylines are moving faster! Which is good because it seemed like they chose the most unnecessary scenes to drag on.
__________________
307
Jp10ah is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 07:43 PM
  #261
Master Fan

 
hurricane eyes's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 24,850
Thanks for the discussion
__________________
Icon | Kara
hurricane eyes is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:14 AM
  #262
Addicted Fan

 
nashville fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,085
^ I always get so many new ideas from the discussions on .
nashville fan is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:56 AM
  #263
Master Fan

 
Jp10ah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ I always get so many new ideas from the discussions on .
What kind of ideas?
__________________
307
Jp10ah is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 08:37 AM
  #264
Addicted Fan

 
nashville fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,085
^ Jp, Ideas/opinions/theories that are different from mine or are something I haven't thought about. For example, I've underlined some of the ideas that makes me think about a scene/character, etc. in a different way below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
#1 There is nothing independent about Scarlett's story. I don't get how Callie doesn't see that. If they wanted her to be this independent person she should have got her own place. And I don't even mean Deacon's house. I mean start new! A real independent start for her. She should have dropped Gunnar because she's anything but independent when it comes to him, she needs him more than she admits. Then she would be free to date and sleep with Damien as she saw fit. Her entire storyline is anything but strong/independent. Being cruel and self-righteous is not strength. I don't know anything about her anymore. What are her dreams? Hell if I know because she doesn't seem to care for fame, she gives bad advice about the industry, all these amazing things have happened in her career and I don't think she's smiled about it once. Never grateful for her fortune when it comes to the life she gets to lead. Just constant, I'm so sad because I love two guys! It's so awful boo-hoo feel sorry for me. God is punishing me for having fun with Damien. No you slept with him and didn't use a condom when you barely know the guy, own your bad choice. Not once has she talked about her baby. Then she ends it with Damien because she wants stability. What that says to me is that she's going to use Gunnar. Not the strength I was hoping for. They didn't even tell Damien he could see the baby whenever he likes. Literally nothing about the baby! I think it just makes it clear that the writers aren't writing with the baby in mind already. There will be no baby. I hate when shows throw miscarriages into storylines for drama. It always just seems like a last effort to create drama and then they handle them terribly! She's over 12 weeks pregnant and I bet they'll just have it be over super easy. When no, that's not how it works. This would be traumatic and its insensitive for the writers to pretend it's easy because they don't want to write the hard stuff

Rant over! I know it's redundant

Crystal, I'm 100% with you. The storylines are moving faster! Which is good because it seemed like they chose the most unnecessary scenes to drag on.
nashville fan is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 12:25 PM
  #265
Part-Time Fan
 
IceTear1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
There is nothing independent about Scarlett's story. I don't get how Callie doesn't see that. If they wanted her to be this independent person she should have got her own place. And I don't even mean Deacon's house. I mean start new! A real independent start for her. She should have dropped Gunnar because she's anything but independent when it comes to him, she needs him more than she admits. Then she would be free to date and sleep with Damien as she saw fit. Her entire storyline is anything but strong/independent. Being cruel and self-righteous is not strength. I don't know anything about her anymore. What are her dreams? Hell if I know because she doesn't seem to care for fame, she gives bad advice about the industry, all these amazing things have happened in her career and I don't think she's smiled about it once. Never grateful for her fortune when it comes to the life she gets to lead. Just constant, I'm so sad because I love two guys! It's so awful boo-hoo feel sorry for me. God is punishing me for having fun with Damien. No you slept with him and didn't use a condom when you barely know the guy, own your bad choice. Not once has she talked about her baby. Then she ends it with Damien because she wants stability. What that says to me is that she's going to use Gunnar. Not the strength I was hoping for. They didn't even tell Damien he could see the baby whenever he likes. Literally nothing about the baby! I think it just makes it clear that the writers aren't writing with the baby in mind already. There will be no baby. I hate when shows throw miscarriages into storylines for drama. It always just seems like a last effort to create drama and then they handle them terribly! She's over 12 weeks pregnant and I bet they'll just have it be over super easy. When no, that's not how it works. This would be traumatic and its insensitive for the writers to pretend it's easy because they don't want to write the hard stuff

Rant over! I know it's redundant

Crystal, I'm 100% with you. The storylines are moving faster! Which is good because it seemed like they chose the most unnecessary scenes to drag on.
It´s just like with Rayna´s death. Whole stalker attack, car crash, death on superdrive and pretty much feels they will handle whole miscarriage on same vain. Both pretty much mostly only for drama by making it extra cruel and probably not handling fall out at all...
IceTear1 is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 12:36 PM
  #266
Fan Forum Hero

 
fox24's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 50,228
Poor Rupert lol. I liked that name lol
__________________
Leave the past and all it's scars,

A happy beginning now is ours
fox24 is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 12:41 PM
  #267
Addicted Fan

 
nashville fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,085
^ I did too.
nashville fan is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 12:48 PM
  #268
Dedicated Fan
 
Lily2003's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ I did too.
I do too although it makes me think of Stewie's teddy bear on Family Guy which just makes me want to laugh.
Lily2003 is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 03:52 PM
  #269
Fan Forum Hero

 
fox24's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 50,228
I think it's another reason why I like it. I actually don't hate damon. I hate Scars action but damon kind of grown in me
__________________
Leave the past and all it's scars,

A happy beginning now is ours
fox24 is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 04:07 PM
  #270
Fan Forum Star

 
Stay to the Lights's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Prison Break
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 236,354
I wonder if this was his last episode? He did make me laugh in the episode with his whole plan.
__________________
Jace Clary
The kiss she desired the most.
Stay to the Lights is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
nashville, spoilers


Forum Affiliates
Spoilers Guide
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.