Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Total Fan

^ If she is just a recurring character, why is she in the cast picture? Emily and Glenn are recurring characters and they aren't in the cast picture.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
I thought Rachel was just recurring? I am so confused!
Color me confused as well. First she was a regular, then a special guest star. So maybe these are just promo pics for 5B and really were just updated to get Rayna out of there? They reused the 5A pics for most of the cast besides Hayden anyway.

Seems like they are obligated to put Juliette in the middle since Hayden is technically the lead. Well, she is the lead but I say technically because she doesn't get the screentime of a lead. But their real focus and most of the screen time will be given to the people immediately surrounding her - the girls, Deacon and perhaps even Jessie. Just a guess.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Loyal Fan

EW is the one that labeled her a special guest star and that was the most recent terminology used. I think she is probably elevated higher than someone who is just recurring because she is a more notable name. In fact, of everyone in that picture, Hayden and Rachel are really the ones most likely to be known in general outside of the Nashville fandom. (I know some of the others would be known by fans of previous shows they were on - Kaitlin, JJ and Chris - but they still aren't household names). Maybe they still wanted to promote her involvement with the show to try to draw in people who know who she is and liked her on other shows.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Maybe we can discuss coping methods and how to let go of addictive tv shows.
Welcome to club! We D/R fans have tried that now few months Just can´t let go completely, but following little bit discussion even without watching.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

http://www.kingsays.com/2017/06/04/n...ina-norman/‬

What the hell. Are they serious?!
Old 06-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Yep that was my reaction.

Where is the diversity they kept talking about? Yet another very attractive woman!

And why do we need yet another character?
Old 06-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)

D*mn! D*mn!! D*mn!!!

So, Katrina Norman will play Polly, “a stunning, authentic, and confident road manager for a popular musician.” Who is the "popular musician"? Maddie, Will, or Avery? It says musician....singular....so, it won't be The Exes and I don't think it will be Juliette. May be, but I don't think so. Could be Hallie, but will Hallie be a big enough star to need a road manager of her own? I'm thinking it will be for Avery. Why? Because of the words, "stunning, authentic, and confident" Of the three adjectives, the only one Juliette has at the moment is "stunning." The "authentic" and "confident" parts may be sorely lacking now and especially by the end of the 5B season. After what's happened with her continuous pain caused by her injuries from the plane crash, from the unsuccessful gospel album that she poured her heart into making, and from what's implied or apparently going on with Avery and Hallie's evolving friendship/relationship, seems like she's having a rough time. She's working hard at trying to be authentic...to be true to those she loves and to herself. And presently the only confidence she has is because of her work with Maddie. (Score one big point for Maddie listening to Juliette about her song!) While Avery is busy being Juliette's personel cook, cheerleader, and physical therapist, he seems to just be going-through-the-motions. You notice I didn't say Lover, B/C I don't know if that's going on. So, as usual, I'm afraid that the writers will bring this stunning, authentic, and confident road manager onto the show to.........Well, you know what I'm afraid of.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
D*mn! D*mn!! D*mn!!!

So, Katrina Norman will play Polly, “a stunning, authentic, and confident road manager for a popular musician.” Who is the "popular musician"? Maddie, Will, or Avery? It says musician....singular....so, it won't be The Exes and I don't think it will be Juliette. May be, but I don't think so. Could be Hallie, but will Hallie be a big enough star to need a road manager of her own? I'm thinking it will be for Avery. Why? Because of the words, "stunning, authentic, and confident" Of the three adjectives, the only one Juliette has at the moment is "stunning." The "authentic" and "confident" parts may be sorely lacking now and especially by the end of the 5B season. After what's happened with her continuous pain caused by her injuries from the plane crash, from the unsuccessful gospel album that she poured her heart into making, and from what's implied or apparently going on with Avery and Hallie's evolving friendship/relationship, seems like she's having a rough time. She's working hard at trying to be authentic...to be true to those she loves and to herself. And presently the only confidence she has is because of her work with Maddie. (Score one big point for Maddie listening to Juliette about her song!) While Avery is busy being Juliette's personel cook, cheerleader, and physical therapist, he seems to just be going-through-the-motions. You notice I didn't say Lover, B/C I don't know if that's going on. So, as usual, I'm afraid that the writers will bring this stunning, authentic, and confident road manager onto the show to.........Well, you know what I'm afraid of.
Yep - these guys are so original. Sigh.

And it's ridiculous that 12 episodes in we still have no idea what's really going on with Juliette/Avery & no explanation for the mysterious return of their rings.

This woman has to be for Averys tour. Is there an emoji for complete and utter despair ? Because I need it.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

I don't know why i'm even surprised.

It's amazing that we all know any new attractive girl on the show is a potential threat. It's terrible that's where i mind goes just because this show has screwed us before and we definitely can't trust the new writers so why not just add some new women to wreck everything we were hoping was going to be better this season....

WHELP!
Old 06-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I think you guys are right that it's for Avery, but one thing that gives me hope is that JJ was wearing his wedding ring (Avvery's ring, I mean) when he did that little BTS video for the last ep. I suspect they film all of these BTS spots at one time since I remember Claire wearing the same fur coat for all of them in Season 5A. So if they filmed this at the end of the season as I hope, then Avery is still wearing his wedding ring. Obviously that's a good sign.

I still want them to talk abou those damn rings, though!
Old 06-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't worry about it actually turning into anything. It would probably just be used as a way to make Juliette jealous or show that Avery isn't interested in anything else
Old 06-05-2017, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)

It was all just deception and clickbait what they once said. i mean when they said that the new nashville would have less unnecessary side characters. I think by now we can really say this season is the worst so far and this show should've never been renwed. They should've stopped milking the nashville cow.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:35 PM
Total Fan

I just watched one of the weekly promos .......the one where Glenn is talking to Juliette about her up-coming performance and Juliette tells him she wants to do the act solo and Glenn tells her she would have to tell "Him" about it then. Who is the "him"? Is it Avery? Who else could it be? I listened to it several times, because when I first heard it, I thought Glenn said "them" or "her." Thinking maybe he was talking about the choir or Hallie. Any thoughts on that? I tried to post it here but I wasn't able to.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Since there's a scene where Hailey calls Juliette a bitch, I think she's trying to ditch the choir. I don't think Avery would care whether or not she goes solo. He might not think it's very nice of her to do that, but I can't see him getting worked up about it. No, the people she needs to tell are Hailey and the rest of the choir.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Where is this promo?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread