Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 07:09 PM
New Fan

wondering if maybe Will Chase is back on set... Ingrid (his gf) just posted this on snapchat...
Old 04-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Total Fan

Is that a dated copy of Forbes?
Old 04-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Just based on the headline it's not new. Ingrid's been friends with the Stellas for a long time so it could just be a visit or we could be getting another Luke appearance. Not sure what the purpose would be since they cut his last ties in his last appearance
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
[tweet]
Thanks for the renewal news and return date.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Never would have thought last spring there will be day when this is bad news for me But I´m happy for all who can still enjoy!

Last edited by IceTear1; 04-11-2017 at 11:54 AM
Old 04-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I hope they give hayden more time and story.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Total Fan

I do too, lg. I do too!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
And I agree. I think Marshall and TPTB are probably listening to the feedback from the survey. Again I can't say why I feel this way exactly, Just a feeling I'm getting.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you but I'm not at all. I think Marshall is completely oblivious to what the fans want and is very out of touch. The only hope we have is if CMT is listening to the surveys and either applies pressure or gets rid of Marshall. They have done nothing but hire more and more recurring characters which is doing nothing but taking away from our mains. I was very disheartened to see both Zach and Clay in the new promo but no Will. Does Will even have a story line in 5B? Or is he nothing more than arm candy for Zach so not worth mentioning? I hate Zach's line to Deacon about "it's what Rayna would have wanted". WTH!!!! How dare Zach think that he knows what Rayna would want. He knew her for how long? A nanosecond. Screw you Zach!! I would love to see Deacon punch his lights out but I'm sure that won't happen because Zach is apparently the golden child of the show now. And don't get me started on Scarlett. Gunnar you are either a complete idiot or a saint for still caring about that hot mess.

Sorry for the rant but watching the promo made me start crying all over again. It's upsetting that I can no longer watch a show that I really loved. Now that S6 is a given, I hope that the ratings tank for S5B so that they have no choice but to re-evaluate and re-boot for S6.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)

Sorry for the rant but watching the promo made me start crying all over again. It's upsetting that I can no longer watch a show that I really loved. Now that S6 is a given, I hope that the ratings tank for S5B so that they have no choice but to re-evaluate and re-boot for S6.
Well the promo was incredibly misleading so I think it will take a few episodes for people to realise the focus has changed. Most of the promo was from 512-513 where the cast is still involved unlike the rest of the episode where they are less in the episodes. And I don't think Will has much of a storyline in early s5B so probably why he wasn't in the promo.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
It is really sad how fans are feeling now. I realize some people are very happy with the show still but there are some, myself included, that are upset that the show got renewed. Whoever would have thought we'd feel this way after all the excitement when it was saved by CMT? I would agree that these writers are out of touch with what fans wanted to see - or would even tolerate watching. Some of that is to be expected because the show was completely new to them but it seems like they doubled or even tripled down on stuff even when ratings showed that it wasn't going over well.

I'm with you, Lily. I have little hope that things will change significantly enough for me to be a regular viewer again, much less as devoted a fan as I was. I am happy the cast and crew get to work together again because they all seem to really enjoy this job. It's just a shame that so many people are now ex-fans - and judging by Twitter, some really hate the show now.

ETA: I think you might get your wish about the 5B ratings. Not only are some fans not planning on coming back, but it'll be a summer show on a not popular and for some, unaccessible network. People might not make the effort to watch it.

Last edited by soup333; 04-11-2017 at 03:57 PM
Old 04-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I am very pessimistic about Season 5B. The promo looked like more of the same. Will wasn't shown at all. Avery was only there for Juliette. Deacon was doing business/dad stuff. Didn't he used to be a famous guitar player?

I couldn't care less about Daphne or Maddie. Yet the promo featured them a lot.

I think Marshall thinks everything he does is golden. I don't have any confidence the surveys meant anything. Or maybe most of them were positive. Who knows.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the renewal info
Old 04-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I think Marshall thinks everything he does is golden. I don't have any confidence the surveys meant anything. Or maybe most of them were positive. Who knows.
I hope people aren't that blind. That many want to still watch I can understand, but pretend that everything is fine, is ridiculous and you hve to be very blind to not see the changes. Unless you're a maddie fan and love her.

Last edited by Arrakis; 04-12-2017 at 09:22 AM
Old 04-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘Nashville’ Renewed by CMT for Season 6; Midseason Premiere Date Set | Variety
Quote:
Nashville’ Renewed by CMT for Season 6; Midseason Premiere Date Set
APRIL 10, 2017 | 12:00PM PT

“Nashville” has been renewed by CMT for a sixth season. The cable channel also set June 1 as the return date for the back half of the drama’s current fifth season.

Season six will consist of 16 new episodes and is set to premiere in early 2018.

CMT became the new home of “Nashvile” last year when ABC canceled the country-music drama after the end of its fourth season. The first 11 episodes of season five averaged a 0.2 live-plus-same day Nielsen rating in the 18-49 demo and 900,000 total viewers — numbers that paled in comparison to what the series drew on broadcast, but were solid for a cable channel with limited scripted programming presence such as CMT. In live-plus seven numbers, the first half of season five averaged 2.1 million viewers, making it the most watched show in CMT history.

The first half of season five featured the death of lead character Rayna James, played by Connie Britton. Producers announced last month that Rachel Bilson and Kaitlin Doubleday would join the cast of the show for the season’s second half. Jeff Nordling (“Big Little Lies”) has also been cast to recur in the role of Brad Maitland for the remainder of the season.

“Nashville” is executive produced by Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick, Steve Buchanan, and Callie Khouri. The series is produced by Lionsgate, ABC Studios, and Opry Entertainment.

For season six, new episodes will continue to be made available to stream on Hulu the day after they premiere on CMT.

Scripted programming efforts at CMT are expected to scale back as Viacom executes a new strategic plan unveiled in February by CEO Bob Bakish, who called on the company to focus resources on six core cable brands — of which CMT is not one. But speaking to Variety last month, Kevin Kay, president of Paramount Network, TV Land, and CMT, said that “Nashville” would not move off of CMT as part of that execution.

“One of the things that we have to be conscious of is that TV Land and CMT are vibrant brands that are incredibly successful and make a lot of money,” Kay said. “The cornerstones of those networks need to stay on those networks.”

Watch a teaser for the second half of season five below:

Old 04-12-2017, 05:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I am very pessimistic about Season 5B. The promo looked like more of the same. Will wasn't shown at all. Avery was only there for Juliette. Deacon was doing business/dad stuff. Didn't he used to be a famous guitar player?

I couldn't care less about Daphne or Maddie. Yet the promo featured them a lot.

I don't think they were mostly positive. At the very least they would have had a LOT of comments about Rayna's death. I can't remember if the #alternateending movement had launched yet back then, but there were plenty of unhappy fans at that point and if they got a survey, I'd bet my last they spent the majority of it lambasting the writers for killing her off.

CMT sent out that detailed survey for a reason and I don't think it was just to satisfy their curiosity. In the renewal announcement, the president of CMT talks about how it's a successful network that makes "a lot of money." That's their bottom line. In order to keep making that money, they need folks to watch Nashville, which means they need to keep us happy. Judging by the drop in ratings (especially after 505) and the many, many comments on social media, fans overall weren't happy. Either they make some changes, or they took a huge gamble on Nashville that isn't going to pay off.

But I feel as you do, I have very little optimism that this particular team of showrunners/writers knows what to do with this show and these characters. I don't trust them. At all. I won't be watching when it returns but I may watch after it airs if I hear it's worth my time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread