Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

At this point I think I don't even want this show to succeed anymore.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's casting news:

Rachel Bilson Joins Nashville in a Comeback Move for Both | E! News
Quote:
It's the Rachel Bilson comeback you've been waiting for. The O.C. and Hart of Dixie favorite has joined the cast of Nashville as a series regular. This is Bilson's first regular TV gig since her CW series Hart of Dixie wrapped its four-season run in 2015.

Bilson and Empire veteran Kaitlin Doubleday have been brought on in the wake of Connie Britton's exit from the series.

"Music city, here I come #nashvillecmt," Bilson said in the Instagram post below.

Her former O.C. costar Chris Carmack, who also appears on Nashville, took to Twitter to welcome his pal. "Can't wait to work with Rachel again... it's been a while! ‘Welcome to Nashville....... darlin'!' he tweeted, referencing The O.C.'s famous line.

Nasvhille aired its midseason finale on Thursday, March 9 and will return with new episodes in the summer.

"We welcome Rachel and Kaitlin into our incredibly talented ensemble," Marshall Herskovitz, executive producer and showrunner, said in a statement. "We fondly anticipate the second half of the season filled with surprising twists and turns that make Nashville so beloved by the fans."

Britton, Hayden Panettiere and the majority of the Nashville cast moved with the series from ABC to CMT after it was canceled. Britton's character Rayna Jaymes died after a car accident, leaving legions of fans shocked.

"Thank you Rayna Jaymes. For your magic and your dignity. And thank you to all the creators of Rayna Jaymes, for there were many," Britton posted on Instagram after her character died. She also thanked the fans for their support.
Photos

"You made Rayna. You supported her and loved her and gave her inspiration just as she was able to inspire you. You were the energy source, the power behind her heart and soul and life. Rayna lived for you. And, from the depths of my heart, I thank you, for her and for me. It has been an honor to be a part of that creation. And as I know she would want it, the show must, and will go on. Long live Rayna Jaymes," she wrote.

Can Bilson's comeback aid in Nashville's? The series has undergone numerous creative changes and cast shifts over the years, but none as dramatic as Britton's departure. Stars departing shows isn't an uncommon act, but there are varying degrees of success in how TV shows rebound (or don't).

"Shows always move forward. Grey's Anatomy moved forward. Thirtysomething moved forward after Gary died. This is such a rich cast and such a rich group of characters there's so many great stories to tell," executive producer Herskovitz told EW after Britton announced her departure.

But Nashville is a unique case—it perpetually lived on the bubble when it was on ABC and was already canceled once. Time will tell if the new blood can breathe new life into the country music series.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Total Fan

^ Thank you for the article.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 04-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

I like the J/A scene of the new trailer (anything that isn't the repetitive Juliette crapping on Avery's head for no reason of early s5A) and I think it's very telling they didn't include any of the new people of s5B in them because they sure have material with them. Makes me think they are going to take the surveys seriously for end of s5 and s6. And as for the new character Sarah posted about in the news thread, looks like Jessie (if they keep that name)'s ex is going to be around for awhile so they will have their own stories before possibly being foil or romantic interest for the rest of the main cast if they go there at all.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I like the J/A scene of the new trailer (anything that isn't the repetitive Juliette crapping on Avery's head for no reason of early s5A) and I think it's very telling they didn't include any of the new people of s5B in them because they sure have material with them. Makes me think they are going to take the surveys seriously for end of s5 and s6. And as for the new character Sarah posted about in the news thread, looks like Jessie (if they keep that name)'s ex is going to be around for awhile so they will have their own stories before possibly being foil or romantic interest for the rest of the main cast if they go there at all.
Hopefully all these newbies Marshall hired will be gone by end of season, and we can get back to the main cast once again in S6. None of these newbies were needed at all.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
Hopefully all these newbies Marshall hired will be gone by end of season, and we can get back to the main cast once again in S6. None of these newbies were needed at all.
Maybe he'll be gone too.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I was so glad to see J/A in the beginning scene when Marshall was talking about making the characters' relationships stronger/deeper. I was however baffled by Avery's expression. It looked like he was kinda' "zoned" out or something.......like he wasn't really taking Juliette seriously....or that he didn't agree with her. Something....I can't put my finger on the reason, just something wasn't right. That's just the impression I got....Hope I'm wrong about it. Just a feeling.

I loved the little glimpse of Juliette, Avery, Glenn, and Emily at the concert. Looked like her whole support system was there for Juliette's gospel performance. Wasn't crazy about the choir raising their hands up toward Juliette or her being raised high above the singers. A little too much praise and glitz for me. I think the "Juliette going up the stairs" scene was the one from the promo for 512 that will be aired after the hiatus.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I was so glad to see J/A in the beginning scene when Marshall was talking about making the characters' relationships stronger/deeper. I was however baffled by Avery's expression. It looked like he was kinda' "zoned" out or something.......like he wasn't really taking Juliette seriously....or that he didn't agree with her. Something....I can't put my finger on the reason, just something wasn't right. That's just the impression I got....Hope I'm wrong about it. Just a feeling.

I loved the little glimpse of Juliette, Avery, Glenn, and Emily at the concert. Looked like her whole support system was there for Juliette's gospel performance. Wasn't crazy about the choir raising their hands up toward Juliette or her being raised high above the singers. A little too much praise and glitz for me. I think the "Juliette going up the stairs" scene was the one from the promo for 512 that will be aired after the hiatus.
It's probably the inner battle stuff Avery is going through with having his career and being there for his family that JJ was refering to in that CMT interview awhile back.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
It's probably the inner battle stuff Avery is going through with having his career and being there for his family that JJ was refering to in that CMT interview awhile back.
I hope that's all it is. So looking forward to the episode with Avery's FanGirls. I'm wanting to see Juliette's reaction more than anything else. And I agree. I think Marshall and TPTB are probably listening to the feedback from the survey. Again I can't say why I feel this way exactly, Just a feeling I'm getting.

Another thing about the new promo....Juliette's unsolicited advice; I hope Juliette falls out with Maddie and doesn't remain her Manager. I'm really not wanting to watch this storyline arc. Let Rachel Bilson do it. Hahaha.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I had the exact same feeling. Something was off there. I hope jb is right about what's behind his expression. Normally, he would have been smiling at her.

Also agree about the church concert looking scene. It looks HORRIBLE. I mean, like...505/418 horrible.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope that's all it is. So looking forward to the episode with Avery's FanGirls. I'm wanting to see Juliette's reaction more than anything else. And I agree. I think Marshall and TPTB are probably listening to the feedback from the survey. Again I can't say why I feel this way exactly, Just a feeling I'm getting.

Another thing about the new promo....Juliette's unsolicited advice; I hope Juliette falls out with Maddie and doesn't remain her Manager. I'm really not wanting to watch this storyline arc. Let Rachel Bilson do it. Hahaha.
Unless he is out of nowhere OOC falling out of love with her I can't see what else it could be. Not really interested in the fangirls angle. I am all for him having fans but I think it would be OOC for anything to affect his love for Juliette. But the acting felt like a reverse of 221 so it seems like he is either hiding something or feels guilty about something.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think 16 is a good number, less filler.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the all the goodies
Old 04-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Maybe he'll be gone too.
That would be so great. But sounds to good to be true.

Quote:

I hope they keep this level of quality. But i fear it's only displayed so much in the trailer to eep people watching. The more critical ones. Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I had the exact same feeling. Something was off there. I hope jb is right about what's behind his expression. Normally, he would have been smiling at her.

Also agree about the church concert looking scene. It looks HORRIBLE. I mean, like...505/418 horrible.
That scene looks like some cheap madonna rip off. Looks like she will do some sort of gospel/pop performance.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread