Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
So, just out of curiosity, Fab and I decided to tabulate the total minutes each character has this season thus far - minus episode 509 because neither of us could stand to watch Rayna...

Anyway, final totals for 501-508 in minutes:

Will - 28
Daphne - 31.5
Gunnar - 43
Avery - 49.75
Scarlett - 60.5
Juliette - 71.5
Maddie - 77.25
Deacon - 104.5
Rayna - 141.25
Thanks for doing that you two. Not surprised at all, it was obvious very early on that there was a jarring difference in airtime. And 509 most likely pushed the difference between Will and Daphne evern further. It makes me mad, the Will treatment. Why they kept Chris and didn't just give Will/Kevin their happy ending instead... it was probably because they didn't want to look bad getting rid of the gay character but it's frustrating how he gets nothing to do. These airtimes are just awful, awful. Maddie should have Will's airtime tops*.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:39 AM
Total Fan

^ Agree!
Old 02-27-2017, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Whoa! And the writers would argue, we need time to develop certain storylines. That's bull!!! They're playing favourites
Old 02-27-2017, 11:47 AM
Extreme Fan

You're all very welcome. It was kinda tedious and I'll tell you there are some episodes that I'll never watch again straight through. Good lord.

Nashville fan, I am also shocked at how much time Maddie had. It seemed like a lot but seeing the numbers just kind of made it worse. I agree about Lennon not being experienced enough to carry the show. And I'm not here for it anyway.

I didn't even think about the Will/Daphne difference, jb. But yeah, he only would have had like another minute and that's just standing/sitting around. She would have had way more than that.

Crystal, I agree that there can never be enough Avery.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Avery should be right behind Juliette in terms of airtime but then again Juliette should have been behind Rayna and nope. The Maddie focus, everytime i look at the numbers WTH writers, WTH.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

It came out about how I thought it would really - does make me feel better to know that I wasn't moaning about the Maddie overkill for no reason . And it was obvious that Will, Gunnar & Avery had been sidelined .

Man some of those episodes were painful to watch back though (505 ) . Won't be subjecting myself to that one ever again.

I hope they get the message in those surveys in enough time to dial back on the teen crap. I want to see something in the next two episodes that honours Rayna but sets up some good stories that will make me want to come back in 3 months time because I'm on the fence right now. And if I look at spoilers nothing there excites me.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB47 (View Post)
It came out about how I thought it would really - does make me feel better to know that I wasn't moaning about the Maddie overkill for no reason . And it was obvious that Will, Gunnar & Avery had been sidelined .
And it proves once again that the imbalance wasn't all in our heads.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Total Fan

I still Cannot believe TPTB at Nashville are not utilizing all of The Best resources they have available. They have written stories for the award nominated actress Connie Britton in a very consistent way. So, I'm not talking about her. But what about the other resources at their discretion? Hayden Panettiere has years of acting experience under her belt and has been nominated for several awards since becoming a part of the show. And Jonathan Jackson is the Only actor on the show who has awards under his belt.......And not just one award, but 5 Emmys, no less. You'd think that would be a no-brainer to give them the best material so that they could make the show "Shine" and be recognized even more.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

For me there needs to come some really good to get me back in. Right now I´m on verge to think s5 as AU and stick with it ending s4
Old 02-27-2017, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

510 pics are out

Nashville - Images | CMT Press

Is it just me or is Juliette wearing her wedding ring in the laptop pic?
Old 02-27-2017, 01:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Thanks for doing that you two. Not surprised at all, it was obvious very early on that there was a jarring difference in airtime. And 509 most likely pushed the difference between Will and Daphne evern further. It makes me mad, the Will treatment. Why they kept Chris and didn't just give Will/Kevin their happy ending instead... it was probably because they didn't want to look bad getting rid of the gay character but it's frustrating how he gets nothing to do. These airtimes are just awful, awful. Maddie should have Will's airtime tops*.
Obviously I agree with you since Will is my favorite character. Like a lot of you I may just view the S4 finale as the end. This show has gone so far off the tracks that it doesn't seem like the same show. It is abundantly obvious that these writers don't care about the fans at all. They came in with their own agenda and don't give a crap about us. I feel like they've basically blown the show up. W/K = destroyed. S/G = destroyed. D/R = destroyed. Maddie = front and center. Recurring characters = more songs than main cast. Recurring characters = who suck the life out of every scene instead of SUPPORTING the main cast.

Pretty sure we asked for the exact opposite of all those things. Completely not interested in a teen runaway story, a WTD story or Zach taking over H65 (I find his character incredibly annoying). I truly hope CMT uses the break to read through the comments and strongly suggest that the writers do a 180.

Also, am I the only one who had a strong reaction to Zach being at the funeral? I mean, I know why he's there but it just seemed wrong to me. He's not part of the family. He's an interloper and just doesn't belong there. Probably just me though since I don't like the guy.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:47 PM
Total Fan

Because Zack is Rayna's business partner, I saw nothing unusual about him being there. Wonder if he was there with Will.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Watty should be there. Above every last one of them except family. Coleman too
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Total Fan

^ That would make it a special Rayna tribute for them to be there, especially for Deacon with Coleman.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

They didn't even bother to bring back Luke and Layla for this either. They seem to want us to forget any of the past characters that are no longer on ever existed.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread