Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2017, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Well, being unable to reveal she's leaving is one thing, but stating that she's "in it for the duration" is quite another.
For the duration of...half a season?
Old 02-21-2017, 08:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
For the duration of...half a season?
Hum. Yeah
Old 02-21-2017, 08:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

"For the duration...of my remaining contracted episodes."

There were lots of things she could've said if she wasn't allowed to say she's leaving. 'Duration' and 'fully committed' (something like that, I can't recall) etc. are more dishonest than necessary.

I don't want to say too much against her, we don't know that Rayna is 100% definitely dead, so I'll hold off my judgement until then, but it doesn't reflect well on her if Rayna has bitten the dust.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
Yeah Connie is also at Live with Kelly that day. Wondering if those are goodbyes or if there really is some twist til to come.
Hayden is on the late late show with james corden a day later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB47 (View Post)
And they will have devastated the Deyna fans even more by giving them episodes like 507 and 502 and all the other Deyna loving scenes. If Deyna were my favourite couple I would be so pissed that they had done that only to snatch it all away so finally.
I sometimes have the feeling show runners like to screw up the fans. Just look at shows like TWD or GOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
The legal battle has to be about Daphne. We know Teddy and Tandy are in town so that alll makes sense. The only other battle will be Zach taking over H65 but that wouldn't break up the family. If anything that would bring them together to protect the company from an outsider.
Couldn't the legal battle be about Juliette and Avery and her trying to get back parental rights? I mean it's an issue that hasn't been spoken about at all in this season. Ok with the maybe 15-20min of screentime javery had over 8 episodes it's difficult.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Let's also not forget "I'm totally invested in this season and totally invested in the new writers" as well as being asked is it accurate you only signed on for 10-22 episodes "no not accurate at all" so it wasn't just the duration comment there was more than just Ellen.

It's ok maybe she had a change of heart or who knows w this shows sides w name Changing and storyline changes oh also, so it's hard to say what's going to happen but I just don't feel positive she lives, sadly ugh. I hope this is a big trick tbh w ya just doesn't seem like it..
Old 02-21-2017, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

One thing that sticks out to me is Marshall saying at the beginning of the season that he wished they could have gone into the premiere with people not knowing whether Juliette survived the plane crash but CMT wanted her in promo stuff. He's getting his chance now with Rayna. By never addressing rumors and fake sides and so on nobody is completely sure one way or the other. There's been misdirection all over the place with the stalker stuff. This is exactly what he wanted

And I'm not upset with Connie no matter what happens. Not for the number of episodes she's in, not for what she's said in interviews. It's not her decision alone for what is said about Rayna and what's happening. She's doing her job
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well in all the shows I have seen that have done tv deaths none of the actors or actresses go and say their character will kick the bucket. Its only after the death takes place on screen when their interviewed.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
I hate them for the stupid mind games, it smacks of condescension, from the showrunners, and possibly Connie. And how they think they've been so deep and original. Rayna goes on a cross-country road trip in episode 1, dies in a car crash in episode 9. All that surviving a life-changing incident and being hit by something random b0ll0cks that Marshall was talking about. Just stop. We're not stupid.
I watched 501 again last night and it made me really think about this journey that Rayna went on. Was she successful in finding herself? I mean, if she dies what would have been the point of all this soul searching? The entire arc was supposed to be this journey, right? And what did she accomplish?? Besides us knowing beyond a doubt that she and Deacon love each other - which we already knew. Her relationship with her daughters is still largely the same as it was before. Her business is NOT any more successful than it was in 501, she just got a last minute save from an admitted fan-boy.

I think they talked themselves into thinking they were deep and introspective when all that fell off after episode 502.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:30 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
I can't change the title.
I have changed it.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

On Location for tomorrow

Quote:
**BODY DOUBLE**:
'BUCKY': male, Caucasian, age range 30-55, height range 5'9-5'10, approximately 180 lbs (*see photo*)
Quote:
**EXTRA**:
MOURNERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 30s-40s, downscale, average types
Quote:
**FEATURED EXTRA**:
JUNKYARD WORKER: male, Caucasian, age range 40s, skinny, downscale, NO long hair.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
That being said, it does seem like all reports say her name is a big buzz for pilot season right now, so I think that speaks for itself.
I thought she has said she'd really prefer to develop something herself. Seems like I read somewhere, although it could have just been a random person's opinion, so don't take it to the bank, that they didn't actually think she'd go for a pilot.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I will never fathom why thought this was the way to go. It's an insane strategy. So either: Connie is staying (highly unlikely) or the 2nd part of season 5 is going to suddenly, jarringly, swing back towards the other characters, with Juliette and her family receiving as much focus as Rayna did in the first part of the season. Are they expecting that all of the other fans will forget how unsatisfying 5A was because 5B is great for them, and there is sunshine and puppies for all??

I hate them for the stupid mind games, it smacks of condescension, from the showrunners, and possibly Connie. And how they think they've been so deep and original. Rayna goes on a cross-country road trip in episode 1, dies in a car crash in episode 9. All that surviving a life-changing incident and being hit by something random b0ll0cks that Marshall was talking about. Just stop. We're not stupid.
That was pretty bad when he said that best and worst happen in same time. How exactly being hostage the best situation even with surviving if hit by car right after???

And wanting fans to feel what characters, when people have been spiraling since August...

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-21-2017 at 03:10 PM
Old 02-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Just thought I would mention that the songs this week, it's two Daphne/Maisy songs.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Mourners...great
Old 02-21-2017, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Mourners...great

I doubt it's about Rayna. Not with the cemetery scene in 510 and we're now finishing 513. Plus downscale doesn't seem like a description they'd use if it were Rayna

I think they have one more day of trailer park flashbacks tomorrow. Juliette's dad?
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread