Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2017, 04:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Did they just gamble on how much people liked Maddie? Like 'Oh they won't notice if Rayna's not there, because her daughters got loads of scenes' I love Rayna and Deacon. I hate her/their kids. Season 1 worked because they showed up every 4 or 5 episodes, sang a bit (which is their forte, much more than acting) and then buggered off again to let the grown-ups get on with their lives.

They should said to Connie "fine you're going" and then given the other characters enough to carry them through the season. I haven't been able to enjoy Deyna anyway knowing CB was more than likely leaving midseason. It all seemed like they were cramming everything in to placate the Deyna fans.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

The following episode synopsis says "Rayna's scrambles to make the last song" for their album, so I suppose that's Deacon by her bedside prior to death and her whispering lyrics lol I have no idea at this point. I've been following this little spoiler thread since season 2 and I think this is one of the first times we really don't know what they're doing more guessing one thing we know is Rayna is more than likely a goner. I said before I need time to mourn my Deacon and Rayna love story loss and I feel I'm ready to watch again. The Nashville cast is great and being a longtime fan they deserve me to give it a chance. The only thing I can't really get into is the Maddie lead. I can handle a little Maddie hey maybe if Rayna dies she'll come down a notch.

Legal dispute to break of a family? Does anyone know what that means? Does Tandy return to take Daphne? Also, what episode are the flashbacks w Teddy and Rayna oh and Deacon? Can someone give me a little timeline of all this bc I can't remember what episodes some of this happens.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

'Scrambles' is such an odd choice of word. It's a very active word for a woman on her deathbed.

Had forgotten about the flashbacks etc. urgh. Way to pad out an episode I guess: Rayna's dead but here's fake Rayna from 17 years ago to soften the blow! Bah.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
'Scrambles' is such an odd choice of word. It's a very active word for a woman on her deathbed.

Had forgotten about the flashbacks etc. urgh. Way to pad out an episode I guess: Rayna's dead but here's fake Rayna from 17 years ago to soften the blow! Bah.
Yeh like that's going to help ! I might be wrong but I think the flashbacks were 511? And Teddy & Tandy were back in 510 - don't know how long for.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Yes, exactly flashback Rayna to soften the blow isn't going to soften much lol. Again give me a new Rayna (meaning another actress) that will soften the blow. I only say that because I'm such a huge Deacon and Rayna storyline fan.

Also, teddy and Tandy are back on an episode the cemetery scene. I'm trying to think of the legal dispute to break up the family and all I can think of is Tandy coming back for Daphne. I'm mixed up we get Teddy flashback scenes, teddy cemetery scene, Tandy is back is this also for cemetery scene? Hmm 510 legal dispute so Tandy is going to try and take daphne I think
Old 02-21-2017, 04:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I don't think Teddy will get custody of her, being a convicted felon and all, but he'd definitely help Tandy take her away from Deacon. Which is a crap thing to do to your sister's memory really - Rayna chose Deacon, Teddy and Tandy should respect that. Anyway, we don't know what the legal bit is, so it's just speculation at this point.

I would absolutely HATE for another actress to become Rayna. I'd rather she were dead. No way is Chip Esten having the same chemistry with someone else, and the whole thing would be extremely weird to watch.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

The legal battle has to be about Daphne. We know Teddy and Tandy are in town so that alll makes sense. The only other battle will be Zach taking over H65 but that wouldn't break up the family. If anything that would bring them together to protect the company from an outsider.

I feel the same way about W/K as the D/R fans. Instead of being happy, I found it incredibly disrespectful to finally get an episode with W/K acting like a legitimate couple (pet name and all) just to break them up by the end of the episode. It was heartbreaking and a hard slap to the face. I mean I cried for a solid week which is pathetic. It's a TV show!! Now the D/R fans are going through it. They gave them everything under the sun as far as D/R are concerned and now they are pulling the rug out. It is cruel and harsh and not kind at all. These blows should be cushioned more. What they are considering shocking is actually heartbreaking. Not cool writers!!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm still a bit stunned how Connie could find it in her to be this dishonest.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think Teddy will get custody of her, being a convicted felon and all, but he'd definitely help Tandy take her away from Deacon. Which is a crap thing to do to your sister's memory really - Rayna chose Deacon, Teddy and Tandy should respect that. Anyway, we don't know what the legal bit is, so it's just speculation at this point.

I would absolutely HATE for another actress to become Rayna. I'd rather she were dead. No way is Chip Esten having the same chemistry with someone else, and the whole thing would be extremely weird to watch.
Sorry, I stumbled onto this, lol, but are we talking about Daphne? Teddy could, even as a convicted felon, absolutely get legal rights to Daphne over Deacon. He's her biological father. He wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell if Rayna were alive, but Deacon has no legal standing to have full custody of Daphne over Teddy, convicted felon or no. Teddy's felony conviction had nothing to do with the violation of a child and it wasn't violent, which are really the only two felony convictions that torpedo custody chances. Also, he raised Daphne for the vast majority of her life. Deacon might have some kind of standing if he'd been raising for her like 10+ years (although it would still be iffy- courts heavily favor biological rights), but that's not the case. Rayna's wishes would mean very little to nothing at all from a legal standpoint where Daphne is concerned- Teddy is her father. If he's capable of caring for her, the courts will give her to him.

I mean, in a logical legal world, lol. Who knows with Nashville.

Now, MADDIE is another story- Deacon will almost certainly retain legal rights to Maddie (ridiculous legal story from last season aside). But he'd have little to no hope of keeping full or even really joint custody of Daphne.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Is it confirmed Rayna died? Poor Deacon will go off the deep end
Old 02-21-2017, 07:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I guess, it just seems a bit nuts. Daphne would probably prefer to live with him anyway I guess. But I thought he was jailed for years: even in Nashville's screwy timeline, it must only be a year or so he's been incarcerated, so I'm not sure why'd he'd be out and about and causing legal mayhem.

Quote:
I'm still a bit stunned how Connie could find it in her to be this dishonest.
Hopefully she's not dishonest at all, and this is all a hilarious joke/shock twist that really had us all going...

Last edited by Jjou; 02-21-2017 at 07:15 AM
Old 02-21-2017, 08:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's pretty obvious why the show refrained from telling us exactly how long Teddy was to be incarcerated. It's the "man-in-the-refrigerator" trope
Old 02-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Connie doesn't really have any obligation to stay to this show. I think people would be upset whether she announced her leaving officially or if she hid it until the very end, like she's potentially doing now.

I don't see it as dishonesty. She literally could be unable contractually to reveal whether or not she's leaving. That being said, it does seem like all reports say her name is a big buzz for pilot season right now, so I think that speaks for itself.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Sorry, I stumbled onto this, lol, but are we talking about Daphne? Teddy could, even as a convicted felon, absolutely get legal rights to Daphne over Deacon. He's her biological father. He wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell if Rayna were alive, but Deacon has no legal standing to have full custody of Daphne over Teddy, convicted felon or no. Teddy's felony conviction had nothing to do with the violation of a child and it wasn't violent, which are really the only two felony convictions that torpedo custody chances. Also, he raised Daphne for the vast majority of her life. Deacon might have some kind of standing if he'd been raising for her like 10+ years (although it would still be iffy- courts heavily favor biological rights), but that's not the case. Rayna's wishes would mean very little to nothing at all from a legal standpoint where Daphne is concerned- Teddy is her father. If he's capable of caring for her, the courts will give her to him.

I mean, in a logical legal world, lol. Who knows with Nashville.

Now, MADDIE is another story- Deacon will almost certainly retain legal rights to Maddie (ridiculous legal story from last season aside). But he'd have little to no hope of keeping full or even really joint custody of Daphne.
As far as we can tell Eric was only briefly in Nashville so Teddy only temporarily out of prison. So at least I'm assuming this is not about Teddy wanting Daphne to live with him because where he lives is still prison

So then Daphne has one parent in prison and the other... dead? in a coma? So the legal dispute would more likely be between Deacon and Tandy. And Teddy as her parent having to decide which of them he wants to have legal guardianship while he's still in prison. Because yeah, if he's permanently out there is no legal issue. And they didn't seem to film any court type scenes so whatever issue seems to be settled between them
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-21-2017, 08:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, being unable to reveal she's leaving is one thing, but stating that she's "in it for the duration" is quite another.