Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
Right there with you. I can understand wanting to leave - 4.5 years is a long time to be committed to 1 show, but seriously unimpressed by the way it's been handled from the original rumours of only 9 or 10 episodes at the start of the season to being 'all in' and there for the duration etc maybe we're wrong and Rayna doesn't die but it seems vanishingly unlikely as time goes on.
I'll be mourning cuz I love this show but can't face watching with dead Rayna, it will suck. And maybe the next show Connie does will be great but it could just as easily be another 10 minutes in yet another Ryan Murphy effort.
We could be wrong I hope we are wrong I've never wanted to be more wrong but seems like it's a done deal bc we've been doing this for so many months now putting all the pieces together spells death ugh mourning again. I haven't watched the past few episodes and don't think I can knowing what's ahead but I appreciate spoilers rather because unexpected loss seems to be worse. TBH and I know it's selfish I could go on w/out any other characters but Rayna Deacon and Juliette also just like some can go on w no Deacon and Rayna. I just don't think I could do it without rayan but I'm always going to keep checking here and btw thank god for this page and everyone here but the show must go on I know but I'm still super MAD and sad about Connie leaving (again praying that 1% chance of her being alive is real).
Old 02-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

It's kind of interesting that actors are so on board at the start of a series and when it's successful they want off to try new things. I mean, isn't this the point? Who would ever be happy doing 1 year of a show that doesn't get picked up for a second season over and over again? It just seems silly to not be over the moon that your show is still loved instead of taking a risk and having your show be cancelled
Old 02-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
It's kind of interesting that actors are so on board at the start of a series and when it's successful they want off to try new things. I mean, isn't this the point? Who would ever be happy doing 1 year of a show that doesn't get picked up for a second season over and over again? It just seems silly to not be over the moon that your show is still loved instead of taking a risk and having your show be cancelled
People change jobs all the time no matter what their job is. Because they don't like something about the job, the company, the schedule, the people. Because they want a new challenge and don't want to do the same thing for years on end. People have different goals and not all of them include staying somewhere because it's stable
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really hope they don't kill Rayna. That would not be ok

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 02-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
People change jobs all the time no matter what their job is. Because they don't like something about the job, the company, the schedule, the people. Because they want a new challenge and don't want to do the same thing for years on end. People have different goals and not all of them include staying somewhere because it's stable
I understand that I'm just saying the goal is always to be on a show people like and they take the risk of leaving that for pilots that may or may not do well. its a big risk but I suppose Connie believes it's worth it
Old 02-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I understand that I'm just saying the goal is always to be on a show people like and they take the risk of leaving that for pilots that may or may not do well. its a big risk but I suppose Connie believes it's worth it
Is that always the goal? Or is the goal is to do something you want to be doing and then if people like it that's a bonus. Because a good many actors don't seem to have the goal of being on something popular. And there are so many other factors. Is it worth doing something you don't like because other people like it? And Connie specifically has said multiple times that 22 episodes is too many. I knew that was going to be a hard sell from the time they announced S5 would have 22 episodes.

I'm not sure I believe Connie is that serious about finding a new pilot anyway. And if she doesn't find something really specific that she really wants to do I'm not sure that she will
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Is that always the goal? Or is the goal is to do something you want to be doing and then if people like it that's a bonus. Because a good many actors don't seem to have the goal of being on something popular. And there are so many other factors. Is it worth doing something you don't like because other people like it? And Connie specifically has said multiple times that 22 episodes is too many. I knew that was going to be a hard sell from the time they announced S5 would have 22 episodes.

I'm not sure I believe Connie is that serious about finding a new pilot anyway. And if she doesn't find something really specific that she really wants to do I'm not sure that she will
I agree with you. I'm not trying to say I know what she wants. I'll shut up
Old 02-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I would not mind if Rayna's absence was explained by any other reason besides her death. That is the one thing I just don't think I could watch. If it were Deacon, it would be the same thing. It's just too much after their entire journey together. It's really hearbreaking. If Connie wanted to leave, I wish they could have worked something out where she pops in once in a while and is not dead.

I'm not outraged because Connie wants to work on something else for whatever reason. It happens all the time on tv shows. I'm outraged by the way it was handled. The months and months of rumours, no one official stepping up to confirm or deny it, etc. Then the "I'm in it for the long run" and now the Deadline article. It's all too much. I can imagine they thought it might decrease the viewers to come clean about it from the start. But to me this is so much worst. Just because we are fans, doesn't mean we are supposed to just take whatever they throw at us and shut up. I for one will go all out on every social media about how I think this was handled very poorly if (...when) she dies.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycappietruelove (View Post)
I would not mind if Rayna's absence was explained by any other reason besides her death. That is the one thing I just don't think I could watch. If it were Deacon, it would be the same thing. It's just too much after their entire journey together. It's really hearbreaking. If Connie wanted to leave, I wish they could have worked something out where she pops in once in a while and is not dead.

I'm not outraged because Connie wants to work on something else for whatever reason. It happens all the time on tv shows. I'm outraged by the way it was handled. The months and months of rumours, no one official stepping up to confirm or deny it, etc. Then the "I'm in it for the long run" and now the Deadline article. It's all too much. I can imagine they thought it might decrease the viewers to come clean about it from the start. But to me this is so much worst. Just because we are fans, doesn't mean we are supposed to just take whatever they throw at us and shut up. I for one will go all out on every social media about how I think this was handled very poorly if (...when) she dies.
I might be wrong, but I doubt the intent was for this to get out. I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the leak came from Connie herself, probably not intentionally. And once it did, it was hard to get a lid on it. I would assume that Marshall and Ed were trying to craft a storyline that took her wishes into consideration with respect to leaving, whether just to do less episodes or to leave the show permanently. I think it's too bad now that there's all this vague and equivocal language around answering questions, but what are they supposed to do?

And please don't think I'm blaming Connie. But she may have said something to someone who repeated it, however unintentionally, and there we go. Or it could have come from her management team, again, not intentionally.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
I might be wrong, but I doubt the intent was for this to get out. I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the leak came from Connie herself, probably not intentionally. And once it did, it was hard to get a lid on it. I would assume that Marshall and Ed were trying to craft a storyline that took her wishes into consideration with respect to leaving, whether just to do less episodes or to leave the show permanently. I think it's too bad now that there's all this vague and equivocal language around answering questions, but what are they supposed to do?

And please don't think I'm blaming Connie. But she may have said something to someone who repeated it, however unintentionally, and there we go. Or it could have come from her management team, again, not intentionally.
I guess you're right - it would make sense that it was unintentional. But once the rumours began, someone needed to step up and address them. OR, they could have continued with the "you will just have to watch to find out" bs that Marshall said in an interview a while back. Even that would have been better than "Yes, I'm in it for the duration". Anyway there's no point on dwelling on it all now I guess. I just think this entire thing is a mess and I would like to think it didn't have to be.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Someone who inteviewed her today mentioned that fans were worried because of the Deadline article and they said she did not give a specific answer and was coy.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Total Fan

I've read about an article or interview that came out today. What article? Is it posted somewhere on a Nashville thread?

If I could have the ideal situation, I would want Connie playing the role of Rayna. And I know that nobody wants to consider this right now, but I wouldn't mind another person being "Rayna". For me it's the character of Rayna I love. Now that would not be what I desire for the show, but it could be a second-best solution.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I've read about an article or interview that came out today. What article? Is it posted somewhere on a Nashville thread?

If I could have the ideal situation, I would want Connie playing the role of Rayna. And I know that nobody wants to consider this right now, but I wouldn't mind another person being "Rayna". For me it's the character of Rayna I love. Now that would not be what I desire for the show, but it could be a second-best solution.
It could be. Sadly I think it's too late. The article should be out soon, the person who interviewed her is writing it right now. I think it will be on a website called Parade, but I am not sure. Can post it here when I find it.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Total Fan

^ Thank you. So, we will find out what happens to Rayne in this article?
Old 02-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ Thank you. So, we will find out what happens to Rayne in this article?

Nop! I wish. She tried to ask for me. She said she got an "unspecific answer".
Closed Thread   Post New Thread