Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Seems like she's full of crap, might actually be more distressing than the whole Rayna dying thing - no more worshipping at the alter of Queen Connie.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

If something has happened to Rayna and Maddie performs at the CMT awards that would explain the call for audience who can cry on cue.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't blame anyone for feeling betrayed or for quitting the show because of this. I've quit shows when my favorite character was killed off, and I was glad I did. However, I would encourage you to keep watching at least until the fatal episode becuase you might miss some really good stuff.

And with Connie leaving, that might also explain why Maddie has such a big role too.

I'm glad to see Will dating Zach. I really like Zach a lot.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

I much prefer Kevin to Zach but I figure maybe they couldn't hold on to KMD

Yeah Crystal, that is what I am saying, watch until the fatal episode because from here till then not only could there be great moments missed but we might get more information and see if there is a twist like WP or anything really in later sides. Like some of you mentioned yesterday, if Rayna was really dead dead, wouldn't they have made a huge production out of her funeral. We woudn't be spending most of the episode at the CMT awards right?
Old 01-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'll watch until she 'dies' but I'm not watching the aftermath: someone less invested in her fate will have to let me know if she returns. Am v disappointed that Connie just lied outright though, that sucks even more.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
Yeah, I'm done, too. In a way it's even more cruel to give people everything they want only to just take it away again. They knew they wouldn't get enough people to watch if the DR fans bowed out early. They tricked us and here we are.

And yes, I'm bitter.
I don't think they necessarily were tricking people from the beginning when it comes to the content I think they have been in negociation with Connie the whole time and it was out of their hands so they wrote them as best and as much as possible no matter what just in case. Connie's interview if she is leaving for good would be tricking but she might not be done done.

But I totally get the bitter feeling.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Good job CMT don't care too much about ratings eh? This will leave a bitter taste in many people's mouths.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
Good job CMT don't care too much about ratings eh? This will leave a bitter taste in many people's mouths.
Not only that but it's super depressing. Beverly's death, Jeff's death, Will's mom, last season was already depressing with people mourning and they were side characters who died. If Rayna is gone gone, the tone would be super depressing for awhile unless timejump.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

I can't imagine what the show will turn into without Rayna. Like how many episodes before it's appropriate to move on? If ever. It sounds like a long and boring remainder of the season
Old 01-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Forgot to say not sure CMT had any say in the matter, if Connie decided to leave, it's her decision. Just like the writers had no say. It's not like they decided to kill her off themselves just for kicks when they know she is one of the main draws to the show. It sucks if she is gone for good but I'll believe it when I see Rayna dead dead, otherwise I imagine they left the door open for a return.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

I don't think you can really blame anyone. Probably means season 5 is the final season unless Maddie develops a huge following. I know shows have done it in the past but they'd have to really establish interest with other characters now and they've really only focused on Rayna so far so it'll be harder to do that in such a small amount of time.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Even if all the other characters only *think* she's dead it's still ridiculously depressing and unnecessary. Why all the rubbish about being so excited about new writers and new direction and being in for the duration etc? It's nonsense, just say something vague and non-committal and change the subject, don't pretend to be something you're not i.e. committed to the show, it's insulting.
The premise of the show changes massively in Connie's absence and not for the better.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
Even if all the other characters only *think* she's dead it's still ridiculously depressing and unnecessary. Why all the rubbish about being so excited about new writers and new direction and being in for the duration etc? It's nonsense, just say something vague and non-committal and change the subject, don't pretend to be something you're not i.e. committed to the show, it's insulting.
The premise of the show changes massively in Connie's absence and not for the better.
I agree it's super depressing. If they went that way they could have let her family in on it or something. But part of me can't believe she would say duration if she wasn't planning to be there for the finale at the very least.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Even if she returns for the finale thats still not what duration means!!! Gah.
Cannot be bothered waiting for something that might not happen.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Well we will know soon enough if Rayna is dead dead.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread