Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Does anyone want to talk about the new promo that has the song Wayfaring Stranger in the background? In the first part with D&R, it looks like they are together and happy--at least, to me. Then we see Avery with Juliette. He goes to her, which is a good sign, but then her legs start dissolving, which I assume refers to her accident. Then Scarlett and Gunnar are together, but then Scarlett starts dissolving. Not sure what that means, but maybe it has to do with her doubts about them.

We see Will alone faced with his shattered reflections, so I assume that has to do with his identity and how he pretended to be something other than himself for so long. But I couldn't read anything about the future from it, unless the shattered mirror fragments means he's nto sure who he is anymore?

Maddie moving away from Daphne, to me, refers to her emancipation. It also refers to her being that much older than Daphne and doing teenage things, which leaves Daphne behind.

Then finally, we're back to Deacon and Rayna. They look happy, but Rayna turns away, which makes Deacon look worried/upset. Is there anything in the sides about this, or are we all thinking it has somehting to do with Connie leaving the show?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Extreme Fan

That song is significant to Rayna in the first episode. I'm thinking it'll be thematically carried through at least the first half of the season. Not sure what's up with S/G other than Scarlett being miserable in damn near all the sides, so maybe it does have to do with her doubts about them.

I'm hoping Will breaking that glass means that Will finally breaks through the sexuality-centric SLs and moves forward.

Pretty sure Maddie is distracted by Clay and that relationship. Poor Daphne is getting left behind.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Deacon's face as Rayna starts dissolving is what gets me and the bit that worries me the most. I can't see any other symbolism other than we know Connie's going so something happens to Rayna. Juliette and Scarlett we can figure out with less alarm and neither Hayden nor Clare is going anywhere, so I'm interested in their journeys this season, and I quite frankly don't give a crp about Maddie, but it ending on Deyna =
Old 12-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
That song is significant to Rayna in the first episode. I'm thinking it'll be thematically carried through at least the first half of the season. Not sure what's up with S/G other than Scarlett being miserable in damn near all the sides, so maybe it does have to do with her doubts about them.

I'm hoping Will breaking that glass means that Will finally breaks through the sexuality-centric SLs and moves forward.

Pretty sure Maddie is distracted by Clay and that relationship. Poor Daphne is getting left behind.
We all have our interpretations of the promo and I'm enjoying that diversity. My take on Will's was that he still isn't sure who his is so we may see multiple sides to Will's personality this season as he continues to figure out who he is as a person. But I like your interpretation too and hope that's true. Or based on the sides, it could be more literal in that Will is shattering his life by making some really bad decisions.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
We all have our interpretations of the promo and I'm enjoying that diversity. My take on Will's was that he still isn't sure who his is so we may see multiple sides to Will's personality this season as he continues to figure out who he is as a person. But I like your interpretation too and hope that's true. Or based on the sides, it could be more literal in that Will is shattering his life by making some really bad decisions.
It is interesting to see the different takes on the promo. I don't mind Will struggling with his identity now, especially since he was living a lie for such a long long time. I just don't want the fact of his sexuality to be his only story.

If Rayna is dying, I hope Maddie can make amends (and I mean really make amends) with her family before they lose her. And hopefully her new relationship with Clay won't cause too much trouble. Maddie would likely never forgive herself if she lost her mother when their relationship wasn't on the best of terms.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Hayden is singing the song in this promo right?
Old 12-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

The Wayfaring Stranger one? No that's not Hayden. In the comments on the video on Instagram the guy who made the promo made this comment "it's a custom version of the song just for the promo- Leigh Nash is the singer."
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
It is interesting to see the different takes on the promo. I don't mind Will struggling with his identity now, especially since he was living a lie for such a long long time. I just don't want the fact of his sexuality to be his only story.

If Rayna is dying, I hope Maddie can make amends (and I mean really make amends) with her family before they lose her. And hopefully her new relationship with Clay won't cause too much trouble. Maddie would likely never forgive herself if she lost her mother when their relationship wasn't on the best of terms.
Couldn't agree more. Obviously Will's sexuality is a thread through his storylines but I don't need to be hit over the head with a sledgehammer. I'm pretty confident these writers will find the right balance.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

On Location for next Monday... this is NOT making me feel better

Quote:
**FEATURED EXTRA**
ORDERLY: male, all ethnicities, age range 20-45, clean-cut, conservative, MUST have some previous medical experience (med tech, nurse, emt, etc.) so that you are comfortable in an emergency room situation. (*please specify your medical experience)
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

^Me either Seems to be pointing to Rayna being killed off somehow.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wah! not getting good feels here...
Old 12-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the goodies.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

So hopefully the ordely stuff has nothing to do with Rayna 🙏🏻
Old 12-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

The orderly stuff is next Monday though, plenty of time for Connie to get back from NY