Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^
Old 04-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Godspeed to any J/A fans planning to watch this episode.

‘Nashville’ First Look: Juliette Tries To Repair Things With Avery (Exclusive) | Access Hollywood
Old 04-27-2016, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

why is baby Cadence sporting JJ's hair style now?
Old 04-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
Lord.

I don't know what is worse, the poor baby's mullet, Layla lurking in the background, Avery's high and mighty attitude about her joining the tour (I'm here. You can't be!) or the strong possibility that Juliette was lying about that favor being Glenn's idea.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Lord.

I don't know what is worse, the poor baby's mullet, Layla lurking in the background, Avery's high and mighty attitude about her joining the tour (I'm here. You can't be!) or the strong possibility that Juliette was lying about that favor being Glenn's idea.
It all looks terrible. As if it's not bad enough that Avery is going to hook up with Layla, it's going to happen in the midst of Juliette groveling and trying to make amends. Like rubbing salt in the wound.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It all looks terrible. As if it's not bad enough that Avery is going to hook up with Layla, it's going to happen in the midst of Juliette groveling and trying to make amends. Like rubbing salt in the wound.
I can completely forgive Cadence's hair being that Avery is her father and I don't think she's one yet and it's bad luck to cut hair before then (if he believes in such a thing). Whatever.

But - he's upset with her for getting her old job back? Really? So she was supposed to just stay home and twiddle her thumbs while her child was out on tour. I guess she was supposed to wait until he allowed her to fly out and visit the kid. Maybe once a week? Twice if he's feeling particularly magnanimous.

**** that, girl. #TeamNoah

ETA: I am soo with this storyline. **** that ****, Juliette. Move on, girl.

Last edited by soup333; 04-27-2016 at 11:17 AM
Old 04-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Even with the whole Cadence aspect aside, Juliette is the one on Luke's label, not Layla. If this was a Highway 65 tour that Juliette had manipulated her way onto, I could see him being baffled about how and why she was there, but Layla is the one coming into something that's not supposed to be hers, by way of blackmail. Juliette was on tour with Luke to begin with, why is he surprised she would join in after he decides to take their daughter on the road with her label head?

I guess we're supposed to understand that the whole reason he joined the tour was to run away from her because of feelings and tension, and her following him on the tour killed that plan, so he's uncomfortable. I just have no desire to see her being pathetic trying to get him back, and him acting coldly to her and running to Layla's bed, no matter what the real motivation of his is. Talk about a lose-lose.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Even with the whole Cadence aspect aside, Juliette is the one on Luke's label, not Layla. If this was a Highway 65 tour that Juliette had manipulated her way onto, I could see him being baffled about how and why she was there, but Layla is the one coming into something that's not supposed to be hers, by way of blackmail. Juliette was on tour with Luke to begin with, why is he surprised she would join in after he decides to take their daughter on the road with her label head?

I guess we're supposed to understand that the whole reason he joined the tour was to run away from her because of feelings and tension, and her following him on the tour killed that plan, so he's uncomfortable. I just have no desire to see her being pathetic trying to get him back, and him acting coldly to her and running to Layla's bed, no matter what the real motivation of his is. Talk about a lose-lose.
I can't get over his tone. On stage? No, idiot. Why would I want you to play during the live shows? WTH. Juliette, girl. Have some self-respect and let that man go. I'm so done. My rage at just that sneak peek is a clear sign that I shouldn't watch this episode because blood pressure. And I don't want to put my foot through my screen or anything. I should probably at least wait so I can read the reviews and recaps.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Total Fan

QUOTE=soup333;85888527]I can't get over his tone. On stage? No, idiot. Why would I want you to play during the live shows? WTH. Juliette, girl. Have some self-respect and let that man go. I'm so done. My rage at just that sneak peek is a clear sign that I shouldn't watch this episode because blood pressure. And I don't want to put my foot through my screen or anything. I should probably at least wait so I can read the reviews and recaps.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Avery's rejection of Juliette is the last straw for her and that she will move on now. I know in upcoming shows she and Glenn will try to help Maddie, and she'll be busy with the Oscars. That will probably take several episodes. Maybe these storylines will give Juliette time to distance herself from Avery. Maybe help her gain a little pride in the situation. It breaks my heart to see Avery treat her so coldly. I know she treated him very badly, but she was suffering from PPD. Avery really doesn't have an excuse except that he still carries hard feelings and a grudge toward Juliette's actions.

If he doesn't want to have her be a part of his life, BE A MAN!!! and tell her in no uncertain terms IT'S OVER! LEAVE ME ALONE! Don't bring Cadence to her house for visits, don't have these little intimate talks where the "L" word slips in ("There were a lot of things to love about the old Juliette"), don't help her get Glenn back on her team, don't accept her gift of beer, don't have her come to Gunnar's house to get Cadence. Emily could arrange for that exchange between Cadence and Juliette. He doesn't have to be anywhere near her. I feel all these actions are leading her on a little bit and giving her hope that they can reconcile.

Disappointment, Disappointment, Disappointment. I don't know how much more I can take.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Loyal Fan

^ She is at least still holding on to hope in 418, but by the end of that episode seems resigned to letting Avery go. 419 has her in L.A. and reintroduces her to Noah as well as dealing with Maddie, so hopefully she's done groveling after next week.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think they shouldn't be cordial, but he needs to tell her that he's not comfortable working with her. He probably thinks he isn't being an ass by stalling her out and saying he'll get back to her and such, but he needs to use words like an full grown man and tell her that he doesn't want to do it. Realistically, they'll have to interact because of their child. If I were Juliette that little exchange right there would have been it for me. I'd apologize genuinely because he deserves an apology. After that, it'd just be about our daughter. Have your life and I'll have mine.

I'm not here to watch her beg for crumbs of affection from him only to be rejected over and over again.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I don't think they shouldn't be cordial, but he needs to tell her that he's not comfortable working with her. He probably thinks he isn't being an ass by stalling her out and saying he'll get back to her and such, but he needs to use words like an full grown man and tell her that he doesn't want to do it. Realistically, they'll have to interact because of their child. If I were Juliette that little exchange right there would have been it for me. I'd apologize genuinely because he deserves an apology. After that, it'd just be about our daughter. Have your life and I'll have mine.

I'm not here to watch her beg for crumbs of affection from him only to be rejected over and over again.
So, does Juliette ever really apologize to Avery? Or do you think that may be a part of the episode where Jeff's death comes out and she goes public with it?
Old 04-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I think maybe she considered her doorstep speech about regretting everything that happened as her official apology?

What I don't understand is why she hasn't addressed the Jeff thing yet, unless I missed something that happened in 416, which I did not watch. From Juliette's side, she never intentionally plotted to hide what really happened - she blacked out and forgot how Jeff died, and when she remembered, she was immediately ushered into PPD treatment. Luke is the one who actively decided the truth would not be revealed. But now that she's back, why has it not come up with anyone? Why is she not looking at Layla any different way?

And why did Layla get focused on revenge for one episode, but now that Juliette is back in town, Layla only seems to care (either due to bad writing or acting or both) about Avery and her career. I understand they wanted to save the Jeff Fordham reveal for the big finale, but it makes no sense that both women aren't more obviously thinking about this issue each episode, leading up to the big reveal.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
So, does Juliette ever really apologize to Avery? Or do you think that may be a part of the episode where Jeff's death comes out and she goes public with it?
That's unclear. Since she's trying to get back in his good graces, it's possible she makes some form of apology tonight. Whatever she says/does is either too much or not enough because he runs to Layla afterwards.

ETA: slbcwrites, you are so right. Layla, whatever because she only cared about Jeff enough to use his death to get on that tour. She could potentially be thinking about it more now that Juliette is on the tour with them. Nothing was mentioned about Jeff in 416 and I was okay with Juliette not saying anything about it until she got on that tour. She and Luke should have had a conversation about that. At the very least to ask him why it was handled that way. Maybe they will in another episode??? In 418 when they talk before they perform?

Last edited by soup333; 04-27-2016 at 03:52 PM
Old 04-27-2016, 04:58 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't watch til this Layla business is over.
I'm in love and always will be
Closed Thread   Post New Thread