Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop kick (View Post)
I can't believe what has been done with this show. How could they give this another season. The ratings just hit the lowest level in it's history. Juliette coming back was supposed to fix this but she has just made it worse, largely because how her character is behaving. Too much like the old Juliette. Selfish, inconsiderate, jealous, wants only what she needs... no other considerations. Why does she think she has some claim on Avery? She fixed that in 4A. They are divorced, or as good as. He owes her nothing.
Also, when we were discussing the Avery/Layla situation from the sides I thought Layla was supposed to deliberately plan to steal Avery from Juliette for revenge. So far I can't see where this has happened. In fact the only thing I see re Layla is she is very badly in love with Avery to the point where she hopes he will return her affections. She only becomes anxious when she sees something she perceives as a threat to this dream. Even though she knows Avery can help her career she is still considerate of Avery, eg. the crib and giving up her bedroom. If Avery has half a brain and he gets a romantic involvement it should be with Layla. She is far more likely to be a supportive partner. Also,that duet she performed with Avery is one of the very best performances from the entire show. That girl can sing.
I didn't read too many comments anywhere about people upset regarding how Juliette acted in this previous episode, but even if that were true, she was almost completely angelic and apologetic the past two weeks. Her old side only really came out this week, so unless you're thinking people shut off their TVs at the first sign of her returning to form this past episode, I'm not really sure how she's made the ratings worse. I'm pretty sure that is largely due to Cash-Frankie and Maddie, who got her own TV Line article regarding how terrible her storyline is and also a shout-out that they want her to get run over by a dump truck. And don't forget last week's "cliffhanger" about something happening to Riff. Since most viewers were probably scratching their heads trying to remember who that even is, I'm sure it didn't do anything to help make this last episode must-see-TV. And I honestly didn't watch this week and have no plans to watch the next 3 episodes because of Layla and Avery storyline, but I don't have a Nielsen box.

Re: Layla - the sides did indicate she had a plan from the start regarding Avery, and indicated that a plan was still in place as recently as 413. Maybe the writing needed to be more blatant with that message since the actress didn't clearly get it across. She does end up developing feelings for him, but that was not how it started. It sounds to me that she was being considerate of Avery because he wasn't going to go on the tour with her, and she was pulling out all the stops to get him to come, because she wants him, and wants him away from Juliette. I don't think Avery is going to think Layla is great when he finds out she knew the truth about Jeff's death all this time and instead of confronting all the parties involved, she used the information to get on Luke's tour and then tries to (not for the first time!) ruin Juliette's career and reputation by going to TMZ with it (even after Juliette seemingly confesses the truth about Jeff to Layla in an earlier episode and makes an attempt to move on from Avery with Noah).

Last edited by slbcwrites; 04-22-2016 at 07:44 AM
Old 04-22-2016, 10:24 AM
MST Manager

It's time for a new thread.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop kick (View Post)
The ratings just hit the lowest level in it's history. Juliette coming back was supposed to fix this but she has just made it worse, largely because how her character is behaving. Too much like the old Juliette. Selfish, inconsiderate, jealous, wants only what she needs... no other considerations.
Good one. Everyone critics from tvline to fans are praising Juliette return and how mature Juliette has become. She is being considerate of others while still being her badass self, she is now a good mother. She is there for Rayna, takes responsibility for her action etc. And everywhere you can see that the major complain about the show is not Juliette as you want it to be but the Maddie storyline and the Layla/Avery storyline. Both are hated a lot by both critics and fans. You can see sites like tvline even calling out the show on it. As for Layla, I think you just want to have a reason to keep on hating Juliette and closing your eyes to what Layla has been doing. It's been obvious since 411 that this was Layla plan. Yes she ends up having feelings for him as she has been showing to be extremely needy especially in 414 crying over him not having the time to answer a single phonecall when they were nothing more than friends but it doesn't change the fact that she is doing all of it as payback for Jeff. And what she will be doing to Avery, Cadence and Juliette from now to finale is nowhere near how Avery should be treated by someone who supposedly is a good choice for him as you are saying. Avery deserves better than to be used for his fame and he deserves better than a girl who will use his own daughter to hurt her mother. And what you are calling Juliette in this quote, Layla is all of those things. Yet you think she is the perfect choice

I would make the new thread but can't on this devise. Can someone do it?
Old 04-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
good one. Everyone critics from tvline to fans are praising juliette return and how mature juliette has become. She is being considerate of others while still being her badass self, she is now a good mother. She is there for rayna, takes responsibility for her action etc. And everywhere you can see that the major complain about the show is not juliette as you want it to be but the maddie storyline and the layla/avery storyline. Both are hated a lot by both critics and fans. You can see sites like tvline even calling out the show on it. As for layla, i think you just want to have a reason to keep on hating juliette and closing your eyes to what layla has been doing. It's been obvious since 411 that this was layla plan. Yes she ends up having feelings for him as she has been showing to be extremely needy especially in 414 crying over him not having the time to answer a single phonecall when they were nothing more than friends but it doesn't change the fact that she is doing all of it as payback for jeff. And what she will be doing to avery, cadence and juliette from now to finale is nowhere near how avery should be treated by someone who supposedly is a good choice for him as you are saying. Avery deserves better than to be used for his fame and he deserves better than a girl who will use his own daughter to hurt her mother. And what you are calling juliette in this quote, layla is all of those things. Yet you think she is the perfect choice

I would make the new thread but can't on this devise. Can someone do it?
+1
Old 04-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Someone start a new thread.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

I definitely think the ratings decline is predominantly the Maddie story line which nobody likes...across the board. It is just stupid, period.

Being a Will fan and a Will/Kevin shipper it seems ludicrous to me that Will/Kevin couldn't have worked on Will's album for a couple of episodes showing the two of them reconnecting a bit. And I certainly see no reason why Kevin shouldn't pop up when Will's Mom dies to offer some support and then have them reconcile in the finale. Instead I have to sit through a whole episode of Will mooning over some not gay random and this awful, awful, awful Maddie story line. I get two scenes of them together in 415 then have to wait six episodes for them to see each other again and in probably two additional scenes get back together only to end up a cliffhanger.

This is just my perspective which I think is typical of all of us whether a D/R shipper, J/A shipper or S/G shipper. You make it hard show, you really make it hard.

I hope we get a season 5 so that the new show runners have a chance and can focus on the main characters/couples (NO RANDOMS!!!!) with some happy endings. I want a heavy dose of romance with that drama thank you very much!! (I mean seriously we got two seconds of D/R in the cabin for a honeymoon???? Uhm, NO!!! There should have been a whole episode dedicated to just that.)

Sorry for the rant! It's funny what a glass of wine paired with frustration can do
Old 04-22-2016, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

http://www.fanforum.com/f15/nashvill...ello-63170043/
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread