Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
That's why I was confused why Markus got so many songs. Not only was he a guest star but he was a super unlikable character, which may have turned people off from buying his songs. Yet he got song after song. I'm not sure what the strategy was there but it seemed not well thought-out, like most of this show has been in recent years.
He's a guest star, he's super-unlikable and he's got zero stage presence. Sounds like Layla Grant...
Old 03-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
That's why I was confused why Markus got so many songs. Not only was he a guest star but he was a super unlikable character, which may have turned people off from buying his songs. Yet he got song after song. I'm not sure what the strategy was there but it seemed not well thought-out, like most of this show has been in recent years.
It has been infuriating this season for sure. No way should Markus have gotten so many songs. Then there is Layla also hogging the songs too. IMO all her songs sound just alike. Believe she has already recorded at least 5 or 6 new songs for the back half of the season. Plus you know guest star Alicia Witt will be getting songs too.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
It has been infuriating this season for sure. No way should Markus have gotten so many songs. Then there is Layla also hogging the songs too. IMO all her songs sound just alike. Believe she has already recorded at least 5 or 6 new songs for the back half of the season. Plus you know guest star Alicia Witt will be getting songs too.
The only thing this show is right now is a vehicle to promote Aubrey Peebles until it runs into the ground.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
Yep along with Riff, Cash and the rest of the randoms no one cares about . Really can't wait to hear songs from them. Not.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Are Riff and Heidi still around or did they disappear after he wound up in the hospital?
Sarah [youtube]
Old 03-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

On Location for Monday... oh lovely.. paparazzi bothering Deacon during his community service

Quote:
09:45am
PAPARAZZI
COMMUNITY SERVICE WORKERS
COMMUNITY SERVICE SUPERVISOR

10:30am
STAND- Ins (Diana S. & Keith S.)

12:15pm
STAND IN (Jason B.)

1:00pm
‘CADENCE’ TWINS

4:00pm
PROTESTERS
Sarah [youtube]
Old 03-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
On Location for Monday... oh lovely.. paparazzi bothering Deacon during his community service
They never get tired of humiliating their male leads.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Deacon isn't quite up there with Meredith Grey as far as abusing lead characters goes, but these writers sure do like to crap all over him any chance they get, don't they? I will truly NEVER understand how showrunners/writers can torture their own characters so much. I will also never understand how writers are so arrogant and petty that they are willing to sabotage their entire show and their fanbases to and burn everything down in flames. If there's zero closure and it ends with everything a mess, these writers will overtake Amy Sherman Palladino as #1 on that list. I'm dumbfounded.

Quote:
Rayna and Deacon's scene was especially open-ended (and therefore could be final) in my opinion.
From what I can gather, it sounds like they agree to work on their marriage and are back on the same page. What is open-ended about the scene?
Old 03-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidub (View Post)

From what I can gather, it sounds like they agree to work on their marriage and are back on the same page. What is open-ended about the scene?
The description. They don't speak when they're in bed so it's all in how the scene is written. I don't want to post it here verbatim for obvious reasons but basically they're going to work on the marriage and are essentially saying "everything is going to be okay eventually" in one simple gesture.

While it would be horrific and feel to cheap to end them that way, the way the script reads could absolutely be considered an ending. I didn't think of it as such until someone said it could be the last ep and I went back and re-read, but it makes sense.

As far as Maddie goes, the way her scene is filmed would best depict whether or not she's a cliffhanger headed for trouble or if it is just ending with us knowing high profile NYC clubs/drinking/the starlet lifestyle is her now. It was kind of left open in my opinion--didn't specify a cliffhanger necessarily, though it could.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

If there is an episode 21, when would the sides from that episode be released?
Old 03-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

How far off track this show has gotten musically is almost as sad as the awful writing, lol. I mean, if you wanted to put together a playlist of the songs from the characters who actually mattered in S1, singing from this season, you'd be hard-pressed to come up with it. I don't even think Glee screwed up this badly on a musical level, as far down as the writing went. Like, they still had the sense God gave them to give Lea Michele songs, lol. Now this show is filled with mostly mediocre songs from largely unpopular characters.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
If there is an episode 21, when would the sides from that episode be released?
Probably March 14-15
Sarah [youtube]
Old 03-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Is Nashville going to end, with Deacon singing, Goodbye Cruel World, as he leaps off a
Bridge?

Kidding, of course, but, Good Lord; the poor man!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Total Fan

So, what is going on with L and A? I haven't read anything about them.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycats (View Post)
Is Nashville going to end, with Deacon singing, Goodbye Cruel World, as he leaps off a
Bridge?

Kidding, of course, but, Good Lord; the poor man!
I know, that's totally where I started to think this was headed, but it seems that he and Ray start to work things out and are truly committed to each other.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread