Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

But if they've gotten enough feedback about the lack of joy that they feel the need to say directly that there will be more happiness on the back half of the season, then why aren't they doing that? Are they thinking the only joy we need is the wedding? Or that Layla being happy about something counts? I can't figure it out other than that maybe they're itching for those unemployment checks and a good nap.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:53 PM
Loyal Fan

When I got home, my neighbor was outside. She loves the show. She doesn't keep up with spoilers or read any of the online stuff. All she knows is what I tell her. So she asked when the show was coming back and what was going to happen. I told her about the sickening Layla & Avery crap. She said that ruined Avery for her and she was not going to watch the show when it comes back due to this alone. She said Layla should have been long gone. Good job Nashville writers, you are running off what few viewers you had left with this crap that is coming. I for one will never watch another show if I see any of these writers names attached to it.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

On Location for tomorrow

Quote:
07:00am
STANDIN (L.Hibbard)

09:00am
STANDIN (A.Sedlak)
ALL SCHOOL BUS KIDS
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-22-2016, 05:10 PM
MST Manager

Does anybody have a banner for the opening post? It appears that the one now is no longer valid.

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
When I got home, my neighbor was outside. She loves the show. She doesn't keep up with spoilers or read any of the online stuff. All she knows is what I tell her. So she asked when the show was coming back and what was going to happen. I told her about the sickening Layla & Avery crap. She said that ruined Avery for her and she was not going to watch the show when it comes back due to this alone. She said Layla should have been long gone. Good job Nashville writers, you are running off what few viewers you had left with this crap that is coming. I for one will never watch another show if I see any of these writers names attached to it.
I probably won't either, but the average Joe or Jane has no clue what they're in for. They're hype about the wedding and the return of Juliette so they'll be like frogs in a pot of water, just watching and watching while the heat turns up under the pot. It's a true shame.

I don't get spoilers for my other show so I don't know - do showrunners and producers usually tell flat out lies to the viewers? I have no idea what happiness and levity they were talking about when every single storyline is heavy, dark and depressing. Maybe there's some happiness for S/G that we're not really discussing.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I probably won't either, but the average Joe or Jane has no clue what they're in for. They're hype about the wedding and the return of Juliette so they'll be like frogs in a pot of water, just watching and watching while the heat turns up under the pot. It's a true shame.

I don't get spoilers for my other show so I don't know - do showrunners and producers usually tell flat out lies to the viewers? I have no idea what happiness and levity they were talking about when every single storyline is heavy, dark and depressing. Maybe there's some happiness for S/G that we're not really discussing.
The only other show I have ever seen it to this degree is How I met your mother creators and I wouldn't be surprised if it played a part in why viewers made such a big backlash online after the series finale. But it's not only that the Nashville writers straight up lie but they mislead in interviews knowing it will keep people happy and watching. For instance when Avery's one episode love interest shows up in 413. They made a point of saying she isn't a threat to Juliette which made pretty much all the comments on that article about people being happy and that it would mean J/A could work on rebuilding. And yet sure the girl isn't a threat to Juliette... she is there for Layla to show her obsession over her plan and Layla is who Avery is all about. Same with why they didn't do Emily/Avery. Because Emily would have had to get out of town because it wouldn't have lasted because J/A etc.. yet here we are and Layla doesn't have to? Like really And like some of you have mention if they felt the need to lie about happy and less depressed, surely they knew fans couldn't stand it anymore... yet they give us more and more. Does the show have to keep on beating Deacon? Cancer, sister death, sponsor betrayal, losing his daughter etc all in the same year?

As for S/G I am not up to date with their stuff but I do know in 418 they couldn't stand the sight of each other again after something happening between them or something so same old same old. Maybe Riff Hooker and binge stuff is something to be want we consider happy? I mean if singing Karaoke in a bar while partying too hard is the light and fun stuff... maybe Riff stuff is the happy stuff.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Total Fan

TY for the new thread. I'm so new at writing on these threads that I hope I'm not out-of-line in my questions and comments.

One thing I want to know is which episode are we currently on? 419? The episodes seem to overlap at times. Have you received any sides or spoilers for it? I've read about "pages." Do you read and comment on only one page at a time? How does the average fan get the sides? From what I've read you must buy them.

I remember the R/D spoilers up until now, but per L/A: are they still at the point of having great "sexual tension," and getting more serious with their relationship? Has Layla's revenge plot been discovered by A. Is there even proof of a revenge plot against J or is this all just speculation? Are J and Glenn still in the middle of finding Maddie? And have Cash and her father been uncovered in their plan to destroy Deacon? TY.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
TY for the new thread. I'm so new at writing on these threads that I hope I'm not out-of-line in my questions and comments.

One thing I want to know is which episode are we currently on? 419? The episodes seem to overlap at times. Have you received any sides or spoilers for it? I've read about "pages." Do you read and comment on only one page at a time? How does the average fan get the sides? From what I've read you must buy them.

I remember the R/D spoilers up until now, but per L/A: are they still at the point of having great "sexual tension," and getting more serious with their relationship? Has Layla's revenge plot been discovered by A. Is there even proof of a revenge plot against J or is this all just speculation? Are J and Glenn still in the middle of finding Maddie? And have Cash and her father been uncovered in their plan to destroy Deacon? TY.
yes the 419 sides came out friday and what was in them is what has been discussed in the last few pages of this thread and past one. No we don't comment per page or we would have nothing to talk about really it's just dialogue for casting character, the comment are about the overall of what was in them. So all your questions could likely be answered when we get the 420 sides. The great sexual tension stuff was for their stage performances, L/A have had sex already and all and Avery seems to be getting more and more invested with the comments brought up early today like he feels good about them and all. He is already her producer, band leader, duet partner, lover etc. so IMO things are moving quick with them to have the betrayal sting more that is if she doesn't get away with it like she always has in the past. Oh and yes most people/regular fans have to pay for sides unless they have industry access.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
The only other show I have ever seen it to this degree is How I met your mother creators and I wouldn't be surprised if it played a part in why viewers made such a big backlash online after the series finale.
Will Nashville have any fans left that will care enough to cause a backlash after this season ends? The way they're driving people away, there might not be enough people interested in complaining about it.

The spoilers have put such a sour taste in my mouth I can't even enjoy the old episodes.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Will Nashville have any fans left that will care enough to cause a backlash after this season ends? The way they're driving people away, there might not be enough people interested in complaining about it.

The spoilers have put such a sour taste in my mouth I can't even enjoy the old episodes.
Same, to think they went from the great writing in 210 for J/A to this... yeah.

I think there might be fans still because the unspoiled are super excited for the show to come back, they have no clue of how bad things are going to turn and have no way of knowing it's this bad till 420 for sure if not the end.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I could explain a little about S/G

Things were going goof for them, even once it was revealed they had previously met before "meeting" at the bluebird in the premiere. That night of the reveal they slept together.
I think they were in the post-morning after and were doing an interview or something and their wires got crossed and they had different aspects of why she turned down his proposal, and how they originally got together.
Just mere miscommunication on their parts. They don't see the same picture.

And so they fell into a not a good place. But I feel this can be cleared up by the finale if the writers chose to do so. They just need to talk through their issues.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
I could explain a little about S/G

Things were going goof for them, even once it was revealed they had previously met before "meeting" at the bluebird in the premiere. That night of the reveal they slept together.
I think they were in the post-morning after and were doing an interview or something and their wires got crossed and they had different aspects of why she turned down his proposal, and how they originally got together.
Just mere miscommunication on their parts. They don't see the same picture.

And so they fell into a not a good place. But I feel this can be cleared up by the finale if the writers chose to do so. They just need to talk through their issues.
I feel like they could be the annual finale proposal couple again this year. I feel like logically S/G and Will are the only likely to have a true happy ending if it were to end at 421 otherwise we would need a massive timejump for D/R and the others to get theirs. So many things that would take time to heal.

Thanks for the details
Old 02-22-2016, 09:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, that's good news for them. Glad to hear at least some fans will be happy. Not sure about Will though, last I heard about him his car had been spraypainted with a homophobic slur but maybe Kevin will come back and they'll get back together. That'd be great for them as well.

I just drafted a very stern letter to ABC regarding my disappointment with this season and pending the last sets of spoilers, I will find someone to mail it to. For all I know, they'll sit around and read lines from it, laughing uncontrollably, but it'll feel good to get it off my chest.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Well, that's good news for them. Glad to hear at least some fans will be happy. Not sure about Will though, last I heard about him his car had been spraypainted with a homophobic slur but maybe Kevin will come back and they'll get back together. That'd be great for them as well.

I just drafted a very stern letter to ABC regarding my disappointment with this season and pending the last sets of spoilers, I will find someone to mail it to. For all I know, they'll sit around and read lines from it, laughing uncontrollably, but it'll feel good to get it off my chest.
Last I read Will's mom dies in 419 no?

Here is the address for the new ABC president (info from saveabcnashville.com)

Channing Dungey
ABC Entertainment Group
500 S. Buena Vista St
Burbank, CA 91521-4588

It wouldn't hurt if we all wrote a similar letter...they might laugh now but when these awful storylines happen on the screen and they face (what is left of) their angry fans, they might (probably not cuz they seem to hate us) regret it all...
Old 02-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

I agree. I can't even go back to rewatch the beginning of S4A (as I usually do) before the return on March 16th. All I've read in the spoilers makes me feel so sad (Maybe even angry), because I always enjoyed rewatching the season shows so much. It feels like a "friend" is no longer in my life. I know this is rather dramatic, but it is the way it is.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread