Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I think the show deserves to be cancelled but I don't wish for it, if only because it seems many of the actors still love their jobs even if the material is beneath them. I do have no problem quitting a show and will not be watching any of 4B unless I see something in the last 3 episodes' spoilers that somewhat rectifies or redeems the complete abomination I've seen so far. Not holding my breath though.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
The information provided is exactly the type of spoiler information which this thread appreciates. If the information is irrelevant to you, fine. Move on with out the negative commentary. Others disagree.

Move on.
Thread is not person, so doesn't appreciate or dislike anything.

If info is relevant to some & not others, distribute it where it doesn't waste time or space for the latter (esp. when threads seem to end after certain #s of posts).

Everyone has right to have & express opinions. I am fine with direction to "Move on...", but people with opposing view should also be told to as much & as strongly (if at all).
Old 02-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
No it isn't when the matter was already handled by a moderator. Personal digs or name calling from one poster to the other are not acceptable on this thread or board.

Move on.
Thanks for the much-needed reminder, Christine.

Please keep in mind that warnings are issued at our discretion and in accordance with policy.

No one here should be questioning ANY of the warnings posted in this thread or any other on the Spoilers Board.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 02-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJChurch (View Post)
Thread is not person, so doesn't appreciate or dislike anything.

If info is relevant to some & not others, distribute it where it doesn't waste time or space for the latter (esp. when threads seem to end after certain #s of posts).

Everyone has right to have & express opinions. I am fine with direction to "Move on...", but people with opposing view should also be told to as much & as strongly (if at all).
This is the place for any spoilers related to the show.

So far an opinion on the show hasn't been expressed only a dislike of the posting of actual spoilers and the person doing the posting.

Talk about the show or move on.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:35 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwair (View Post)
Every time Maddie seems conflicted about moving forward with the emancipation, Cash is right there encouraging her to do it and to also do whatever it takes to make it happen. Maddie really doesn't want to slam Deacon on the stand, but Cash is adamant as that is their only hope of winning. She also encourages Maddie to ignore Daphne's texts for fear Deacon or Rayna may have stolen Daphne's phone and may be trying to contact her.

She's also hiding Maddie when she runs away from home and refuses to give Rayna or Deacon her location. (Keep in mind she is still a non-emancipated minor at this point and if they really wanted to be crude they could have Cash arrested given Maddie is throwing a temper tantrum and not in any danger at home.)

Frankie shows up in the courtroom specifically to support Cash, so draw your own conclusions.
So it is speculation, not fact. Reasonable, maybe, but no one's read sides or something where that comes out?

This show is nuts and really poorly put together, so who knows. Logic doesn't really work here. Cash could think she's doing the right thing. Maybe Frankie does too. Or he could be another Dante. They also tend to recycle plot lines. I hope the speculation is right. Otherwise, Maddie sucks even more than she appears to.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madam magpie (View Post)
So it is speculation, not fact. Reasonable, maybe, but no one's read sides or something where that comes out?

This show is nuts and really poorly put together, so who knows. Logic doesn't really work here. Cash could think she's doing the right thing. Maybe Frankie does too. Or he could be another Dante. They also tend to recycle plot lines. I hope the speculation is right. Otherwise, Maddie sucks even more than she appears to.
I suppose you could say it's all just speculation, but I'm not sure how good it is that a 20-something needs to hang out with a 16 year old and very excitedly encourage her to abandon and destroy her family, especially at times when said 16 year old is showing hesitance in doing so.

It is fact that Deacon and Rayna acknowledge that Maddie is being brainwashed and it's also fact that Cash is personally shopping Maddie to all other labels and acting as her representation (to the point where one label head calls Rayna and gives her his meeting with Cash because he said something wasn't sitting right with the way Maddie was being repped) so I don't think any of this bodes well for Cash to be a loving, supportive friend doing the right thing. I'm going to go on a limb and say she's the new villain. Teddy and Jeff are both gone and there is always room for a mustache twirler.

Last edited by airwair; 02-12-2016 at 05:49 PM
Old 02-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Poor Daphne Sweet little thing has done nothing to deserve her train wreck of a family, lol. I wish we could permanently emancipate Daphne from Maddie.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just remembered the line from one of the earlier eps in the season when Maddie told Juliette how lucky she was to be emancipated so she could do whatever she wanted.

Juliette tells her to not wish her family away because it is very lonely when you're reaching out and no one is reaching back.

That's the reaction I would assume someone who is trying to do the right thing would have--not encouraging and pushing to get it done.

Last edited by airwair; 02-12-2016 at 06:09 PM
Old 02-12-2016, 06:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I suppose you could say it's all just speculation, but I'm not sure how good it is that a 20-something needs to hang out with a 16 year old and very excitedly encourage her to abandon and destroy her family, especially at times when said 16 year old is showing hesitance in doing so.

It is fact that Deacon and Rayna acknowledge that Maddie is being brainwashed and it's also fact that Cash is personally shopping Maddie to all other labels and acting as her representation (to the point where one label head calls Rayna and gives her his meeting with Cash because he said something wasn't sitting right with the way Maddie was being repped) so I don't think any of this bodes well for Cash to be a loving, supportive friend doing the right thing. I'm going to go on a limb and say she's the new villain. Teddy and Jeff are both gone and there is always room for a mustache twirler.
Well, Jessy Schram did go super evil on Falling Skies. She was badass, but verrrrrrrry baaaaaaad. Maybe she's playing to type.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

All this, plus Deacon and Rayna keep referring to Cash as an evil manipulative snake. They clearly hate her and think it's all her fault. Maddie isn't being abused, there is no reason for her to do this.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I wonder how Frankie ties in here. I know from spoilers he's started drinking again out of jealousy over Deacon's success, but why would he wish to destroy his family and with it, Maddie's life?
Old 02-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know it's sliiiightly off the current topic here, but I'm a little confused about the timeline of the wedding after seeing the new Deacon/Rayna promo.

We see Deacon and Rayna "rehearsing" (or what I assume is a rehearsal) outside near the water. She's in boots and a dress and a hat and the girls and Tandy and a whole host of other random people are watching. Then we see them later that evening (same dress). Isn't the wedding venue indoors in a barn? I know there's a venue change because of paparazzi finding out, but does it happen AFTER the rehearsal?

Can anyone explain how the rehearsal/venue change/wedding comes to play? Does it all happen within one night?

(Timeline question aside: EEEEEEEEEE! They are so adorable with the dipping and the kissing and the smiling and the vows. I need it to be March 16th ASAP)
Old 02-13-2016, 12:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
All this, plus Deacon and Rayna keep referring to Cash as an evil manipulative snake. They clearly hate her and think it's all her fault. Maddie isn't being abused, there is no reason for her to do this.
There is totally no reason that Maddie would go to the extent of taking her Parents to court to be emancipated, other than she wants her own way and feels she should have it. Teen rebellion is certainly not unusual. Communication problems aren't unusual. Going this far definitely is.

Juliette, Scarlett, Deacon: they all had terrible childhoods. Maddie grew up, in a wonderful loving family, with every privilege. Deacon has been wonderful to her!

And to trash Deacon in court, without, as far as we know, making any effort, to talk to him, about what's bothering her!

I can't see her coming off very sympathetically, even though she is only 16.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidub (View Post)
I know it's sliiiightly off the current topic here, but I'm a little confused about the timeline of the wedding after seeing the new Deacon/Rayna promo.

We see Deacon and Rayna "rehearsing" (or what I assume is a rehearsal) outside near the water. She's in boots and a dress and a hat and the girls and Tandy and a whole host of other random people are watching. Then we see them later that evening (same dress). Isn't the wedding venue indoors in a barn? I know there's a venue change because of paparazzi finding out, but does it happen AFTER the rehearsal?

Can anyone explain how the rehearsal/venue change/wedding comes to play? Does it all happen within one night?

(Timeline question aside: EEEEEEEEEE! They are so adorable with the dipping and the kissing and the smiling and the vows. I need it to be March 16th ASAP)
Rayna wants to get married on her mother's land, or some place that her mother loved (I can't remember which one). It's where she always dreamed of getting married. That's where they are during the rehearsal when Deacon dips her. Later that night is the rehearsal dinner. I'm not sure where it is. While coming out of the dinner the paparazzi get in their face causing Deacon to punch someone out. While they're fretting about that the wedding planner tells them that one of the caterers leaked the wedding location so most likely there will be paparazzi there as well as helicopters above trying to get pictures. Rayna freaks because it won't be private. She doesn't want to share their day with strangers. She wants to change the venue and the wedding planner says that she knows someone who has a barn that's used as a wedding space, so that's where they end up getting married. No paparazzi, just them and their guests.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Rayna wants to get married on her mother's land, or some place that her mother loved (I can't remember which one). It's where she always dreamed of getting married. That's where they are during the rehearsal when Deacon dips her. Later that night is the rehearsal dinner. I'm not sure where it is. While coming out of the dinner the paparazzi get in their face causing Deacon to punch someone out. While they're fretting about that the wedding planner tells them that one of the caterers leaked the wedding location so most likely there will be paparazzi there as well as helicopters above trying to get pictures. Rayna freaks because it won't be private. She doesn't want to share their day with strangers. She wants to change the venue and the wedding planner says that she knows someone who has a barn that's used as a wedding space, so that's where they end up getting married. No paparazzi, just them and their guests.
And this later comes up in court, I'm assuming. I wonder if Maddie has a reaction to that when it happens, like she's reminded of what happened at his house after Beverly died.

If Cash is a clear villain - and it seems as though she is - Maddie could be seen as sympathetic because she's being led astray by this older woman who is obviously trying to take advantage of her (What remains to be seen is how sympathetic Layla is going to come off while trying to destroy Juliette's life).

Is it clear that Frankie is drinking because he's jealous of Deacon? And he's in court to testify against Deacon? Could he and Cash be in on this together?

This is really a mess. I mean, this guy has owned this bar for a while, right? It seems very strange that he would go this far/support his daughter in going this far to ruin someone he is sponsoring. It's strange behavior.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread