Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2015, 02:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Yeah it's been 5 days Nashville time since Bev's funeral. And the whole season has taken place over a couple weeks. There were a couple days between 403-404 while they planned the funeral. There were four days between 402-403 (Avery had been trying to get a hold of Juliette for 4 days since she ditched her phone and Gunnar said Bev had woken up 5 days ago) and I think another couple between 401-402. But still maybe 3 weeks or so since the premiere

Frankie's daughter shows up in 410 and Maddie confides in her about being scared of Deacon. And she's still not over it by the wedding
Thanks for the info.

I think that's such a shame that she's not going to be over it by the wedding. It's clearly going to affect Maddie and Deacon's relationship. Is she even going to be happy about the wedding? Or is she going to be all moody about it? Can't imagine Rayna and Deacon will enjoy having a pissy or sullen Maddie on their wedding day.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think this is going to break Deacon's heart. Geez they put him through a lot don't they?
Old 11-14-2015, 03:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Gosh only 3 weeks feels like so much longer!! I couldn't figure it out around the Bev stuff and then Avery telling Juliette in Ep 5 that he had
been hoping she would contact him for 'months' it didn't seem to fit. So months is actually just under 2 months then

I'm so over the Maddie is a teenage brat & suddenly scared of Deacon plot - what they have set up with Colt is so much more interesting to me - the impact on him of keeping such an awful secret at his age and his dad putting his business before the truth. I could take or leave the Colt character but I thought he was really good in the last episode. I have a 16 year old daughter and that bit when Luke got back to the room and Colt hadn't been able to find him really got to me - they are still so young at 16 really even when they think they are grown up!
Old 11-14-2015, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Nashville does this weird thing where they seem to write different stories that are happening at the same time at different paces. The timeline of Juliette's pregnancy made noooooo sense if you put it against other storylines that were airing at that time- she'd have been pregnant for like, over a year, lol. And this season, it's the Bev storyline versus the Juliette storyline, where the writers actually explicitly write in that she's been treating Avery this way for quite some time/on tour with Luke for awhile, directly in contrast to the short amount of time it's been since Bev died.

Basically, I think it's useless to try to work out a timeline, lol. The writers don't care. They're going to keep contradicting themselves.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
They've already dropped the ball on this Maddie being scared of Deacon story. They didn't share any more scenes in 404 after he tore the bedroom apart. Aside from one line to Colt in 405 it hasn't been mentioned again. It's been three episodes (plus a week off) without them sharing any scenes. If they wanted this to be a thing they shouldn't have dropped it for a month
To be honest I had forgotten about it until now. Any normal teenager would have told her mother about it and it could have been resolved in a couple of episodes. But they are dragging it out unecessarily - another artificial construct by the writers which they must think will keep everyone on the edge of their seats but actually it's just boring and annoying.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryContrary (View Post)
To be honest I had forgotten about it until now. Any normal teenager would have told her mother about it and it could have been resolved in a couple of episodes. But they are dragging it out unecessarily - another artificial construct by the writers which they must think will keep everyone on the edge of their seats but actually it's just boring and annoying.
It just doesn't make sense. She's scared of Deacon because he "rearranged" Bev's room yet she's going to let her mother marry the man without telling her? Most normal people would have called their Mom from the driveway of Deacon's house after watching him put his fist through a mirror, shown at least enough concern for him given his sister's death and enough concern for her mother's wellbeing to have communicated that information to her.

This is just stupid soap trope. Frankie's daughter will tell her how horrible alcoholic's are since her memories of her Dad are terrible, Maddie will put all of that on Deacon and retreat even further, only to be saved by a good talking to from Frankie. It's ridiculous. Normal people just don't relate this way. And really, can we not move past Deacon's alcoholism at some point? It's time to quit punishing the man for his actions 15 years ago.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemgo3165 (View Post)
It just doesn't make sense. She's scared of Deacon because he "rearranged" Bev's room yet she's going to let her mother marry the man without telling her? Most normal people would have called their Mom from the driveway of Deacon's house after watching him put his fist through a mirror, shown at least enough concern for him given his sister's death and enough concern for her mother's wellbeing to have communicated that information to her.

This is just stupid soap trope. Frankie's daughter will tell her how horrible alcoholic's are since her memories of her Dad are terrible, Maddie will put all of that on Deacon and retreat even further, only to be saved by a good talking to from Frankie. It's ridiculous. Normal people just don't relate this way. And really, can we not move past Deacon's alcoholism at some point? It's time to quit punishing the man for his actions 15 years ago.
Completely agree!

And to go from loving her Dad so much to all of a sudden being afraid of him and refusing to speak to him, just seems a bit odd - especially as she saw first hand at the funeral how utterly devastated he was.

What, she can forgive Teddy for cheating on Rayna and being sent to prison for a whole bunch of mistakes; she can forgive Rayna for lying to her about Deacon being her father; but now that Deacon's been knocked off the pedestal she put him on, because he's not perfect (like ever human on the planet) - she's going to close down and refuse to communicate?

For a 16 year old who is convinced of how mature and adult she is, she's sure not acting like it.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTragic (View Post)
Completely agree!

And to go from loving her Dad so much to all of a sudden being afraid of him and refusing to speak to him, just seems a bit odd - especially as she saw first hand at the funeral how utterly devastated he was.

What, she can forgive Teddy for cheating on Rayna and being sent to prison for a whole bunch of mistakes; she can forgive Rayna for lying to her about Deacon being her father; but now that Deacon's been knocked off the pedestal she put him on, because he's not perfect (like ever human on the planet) - she's going to close down and refuse to communicate?

For a 16 year old who is convinced of how mature and adult she is, she's sure not acting like it.
Exactly this. This is the stupidest storyline in the history of storylines. One moment she loves Deacon so much that she's hysterically crying that he might die of liver cancer, then a couple of months later she sees him acting out because he's grieving and now she's afraid of him? WTF?!!! It makes no sense whatsoever. I hate this storyline so much.

Also, I'm confused about the order of things, because it seems from the sides that Maddie does tell Rayna about Deacon during the wedding day and they talk about it, and she tells her Deacon loves her and would never hurt her in a million years, but the Cash stuff, although cast with the 410 sides, the Maddie interactions written won't happen until later down the road in the season I think, so it doesn't seem to be put to bed with the Rayna conversation which is also stupid.

Last edited by TVFan221; 11-14-2015 at 10:36 AM
Old 11-14-2015, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

[QUOTE=Keke75p;84004611]Lmao!!! I think it's Rayna who doesn't want her growing up in the business like she did, I think.. I think Deacon just wants to decorate The Beverley

Maddie is very talented, she is, however, Not a star, although she has the potential to be one.

She also has the potential to be a young woman who plunges into, what can be a brutal industry, when she is too young, immature and inexperienced, to handle it, and ends up wasting that potential, thru one misstep, after another.

Maddie's not ready. She has the talent; clearly this is what she wants, in a couple of years, she can legally make her own decisions anyway.

Her parents should be talking to her about why she's not ready for such a big step. They could work together on some compromises.

Maddie's got a lot of blessings, of her own to be counting. Blessed with her talent, growing up in a life of privilege, surrounded by people who love her, certainly at the top of them
Old 11-14-2015, 08:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Nope, I'm with them on this. Maddie's 16.. no way in hell should she be allowed anywhere near a record contract
That's right, she's sixteen. She isn't six.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
That's right, she's sixteen. She isn't six.
Might as well be. She's still not even close to being mature enough to be starting a career.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 11-14-2015, 10:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

You're assuming that just because she signs a record deal that means Rayna should relinquish all control over her. That does not follow.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Might as well be. She's still not even close to being mature enough to be starting a career.
Completely agree!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
You're assuming that just because she signs a record deal that means Rayna should relinquish all control over her. That does not follow.
Not assuming that. But look at how Juliette's life becomes tabloid fodder every time she screws up. They've already jumped on Maddie several times just because she's Rayna's daughter. It would only get worse if she keeps doing stupid teenage crap with the spotlight turned on her. And even Rayna can't protect her from everyone who may try to take advantage. And Rayna shouldn't have to spend a big chunk of her life managing a career that Maddie is nowhere near ready to handle. There's next to no advantage to her signing a contract now and they don't need to be giving in to the demands of a bratty kid.

Let her post songs on YouTube. Let her do a couple performances. Don't sign her to a contract that she's not responsible enough to handle. I'm 100% not on board with Maddie having a contract under any circumstances now.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 11-14-2015, 10:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I disagree. There are different types of contracts. Given proper support from her family, Maddie could handle a record contract.

More than that, I actually think that Maddie should have a record contract.