Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraG (View Post)
So did I understand this correctly. Avery was suppose to have a different story before the rewrites so they had nothing else for him to do so they are sticking him in Layla's crappy orbit? Who did JJ piss off on this show to get this crap?
Yes Avery story was way way way better before the direction change.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

JJ deserves so so much better than being stuck with Aubrey. Ok, they had to change the direction of his story because Hayden isn't around. But they should have changed it in literally any other direction

Not really surprised though. They weren't going to let Layla be alone for too long after Jeff went splat. Then they have to figure out a quick change to Avery's story. Clearly this was the only option
Sarah [youtube]
Old 11-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Yes Avery story was way way way better before the direction change.
This makes me mad. Why couldn't they have given him
something else than being stuck with the worst character ever . Seems like this along with no Juliette is causing viewers not to watch. Hope the writers are happy when the show hits under 1.0 in the demo.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe I'm slow but I'm failing to see any sort of doom in the sides that would indicate end game has switched to Avery and Layla.

They have conversations, sure, but I didn't get any romantic vibe from either one. The one at the wedding even seemed like he was trying to get away.

I also don't think it's fair to pit fandoms against each other. It's not a race. No endgame fandom is better than the other. Don't discredit the awful stuff Deyna fans had to go through because of the way they are handling Javery currently. We have all taken our knocks, so saying things like "Ruke was a blip" (it lasted an entire season) seems a little dismissive.

And nothing for nothing, people are celebrating on the Deyna forum and they're shut down and told to come here to the spoiler board. Well, okay. We come here and it's doom and gloom and the end of the world because Avery and Layla talk while the board completely dismisses our happiness and makes unnecessary comments about how our misery is nothing compared to your misery.

So where exactly are we supposed to go? I don't get it.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraG (View Post)
This makes me mad. Why couldn't they have given him
something else than being stuck with the worst character ever . Seems like this along with no Juliette is causing viewers not to watch. Hope the writers are happy when the show hits under 1.0 in the demo.
What makes me even more mad is that Juliette's storyline hadn't look this good since s2 and now that was totally scrapped and it can only come back to worst if they really are going with Layla/Avery. I really hope the two episodes random linking in scenes of the two was a fluke or stays platonic ala Sadie/Avery.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think everybody is different and everybody fights their demons differently, we look different, we have our own thoughts and feelings so I'm just going to wait til Hayden returns and is able to open up about her experience w PPD she seems to be open about it so maybe then we'll get to know but I don't want to jump to conclusions..I hope she truly is doing great, awesome whatever I just hope she's doing well.. I expect her to be back though.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I'd rather see Avery focus on his career so that he can provide for Cadence. If they continue with this ridiculous termination of parental rights plot he will be on his own financially and he can't live with Gunnar forever!
If he must be stuck with Layla in some way it doesn't have to be romantic. Throw a random at him if they must - along the lines of Avery desperately trying to move on etc until Juliette comes back and he realises he can't. There's a good chance I think that he will just be producer/friend to Layla.
And I don't think everyone on here is dismissing the wedding I know I've said I'm delighted after all that D/R went through (ugh Luke!) so I don't understand whoever said they aren't allowed to be excited about it (unless I've missed something !).
Old 11-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwair (View Post)
I also don't think it's fair to pit fandoms against each other. It's not a race. No endgame fandom is better than the other. Don't discredit the awful stuff Deyna fans had to go through because of the way they are handling Javery currently. We have all taken our knocks, so saying things like "Ruke was a blip" (it lasted an entire season) seems a little dismissive.

And nothing for nothing, people are celebrating on the Deyna forum and they're shut down and told to come here to the spoiler board. Well, okay. We come here and it's doom and gloom and the end of the world because Avery and Layla talk while the board completely dismisses our happiness and makes unnecessary comments about how our misery is nothing compared to your misery.

Was it just ONE season???? Lord, it felt like forever. And, yes, I came over here expecting a party.
I'm ecstatic. I really don't care, at this moment, what happens on the rest of the show for the rest of the run. I can't believe this wedding is happening, and soon. I just hope, somehow, some way, somebody finds a way to pull it out of their you-know-what to do it justice.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwair (View Post)
Maybe I'm slow but I'm failing to see any sort of doom in the sides that would indicate end game has switched to Avery and Layla.

They have conversations, sure, but I didn't get any romantic vibe from either one. The one at the wedding even seemed like he was trying to get away.

Ruke just like Meghan, Stacy, Liam etc was an obvious stall. D/R were written like the ''Ross and Rachel'' of the show like the obviously going to end up together so yeah I think Ruke was a blip because neither destroy their character intregrity. Juliette is getting so much hate over the PPD stuff, I know your signname from another board and on that board there has been plenty of comments on how Juliette should have died instead and so on. D/R has never had stuff like that. And the whole time they were apart one of them was pining. D/R has the whole vows wedding etc. Neither threw something at their child's head. It's not to say Ruke wasn't hell just not character destroying hell. And same for S/G, they have had stalls after stalls after stalls and making Gunnar look super stalkerish.

Needless to say D/R fans have every reason to celebrate, their wedding is a dream come true. And the Nashville board as always been spoiler free except for the limited spoiler thread. The spoiler thread here is good and bad. You think when Avery was found out to be the father of Juliette baby the board didn't have posts after posts about Rayna choosing Luke being bad. Layla is the last person I want Avery sharing scenes with. She is the eternal victims who never pays for anything she does. Just pays for her own bad decisions. So yeah I am going to be more than annoyed when they are forcing scenes between the two characters.

If the happiness isn't shared here for D/R it's all doom we have to focus on.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ruke just like Meghan, Stacy, Liam etc was an obvious stall. D/R were written like the ''Ross and Rachel'' of the show like the obviously going to end up together so yeah I think Ruke was a blip because neither destroy their character intregrity. Juliette is getting so much hate over the PPD stuff, I know your signname from another board and on that board there has been plenty of comments on how Juliette should have died instead and so on. D/R has never had stuff like that. And the whole time they were apart one of them was pining. D/R has the whole vows wedding etc. Neither threw something at their child's head. It's not to say Ruke wasn't hell just not character destroying hell. And same for S/G, they have had stalls after stalls after stalls and making Gunnar look super stalkerish.

Needless to say D/R fans have every reason to celebrate, their wedding is a dream come true. And the Nashville board as always been spoiler free except for the limited spoiler thread. The spoiler thread here is good and bad. You think when Avery was found out to be the father of Juliette baby the board didn't have posts after posts about Rayna choosing Luke being bad. Layla is the last person I want Avery sharing scenes with. She is the eternal victims who never pays for anything she does. Just pays for her own bad decisions. So yeah I am going to be more than annoyed when they are forcing scenes between the two characters.

If the happiness isn't shared here for D/R it's all doom we have to focus on.
I agree just because there is something else negative to talk about doesn't mean everyone can't also be super excited about the wedding! It's just that there is more than one thing to talk about on here tonight so instead of being automatically defensive why can't you just talk about how happy you are 'airwair' ? Just seems a shame not to do so?

Last edited by FAB47; 11-10-2015 at 10:51 PM Reason: Missed end of sentence!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff (View Post)
Was it just ONE season???? Lord, it felt like forever. And, yes, I came over here expecting a party.
I'm ecstatic. I really don't care, at this moment, what happens on the rest of the show for the rest of the run. I can't believe this wedding is happening, and soon. I just hope, somehow, some way, somebody finds a way to pull it out of their you-know-what to do it justice.
Please party! It could be the only way I'll get to enjoy any part of this wedding. After Ruke, the cancer and this St. Beverly foolishness, there should be some happiness.

The eternal optimist in me says wait and see. Hayden hasn't been gone a month yet. She could return to work any day. Who knows. Future storylines/episodes could "adjust" again for her return.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Please party! It could be the only way I'll get to enjoy any part of this wedding. After Ruke, the cancer and this St. Beverly foolishness, there should be some happiness.

The eternal optimist in me says wait and see. Hayden hasn't been gone a month yet. She could return to work any day. Who knows. Future storylines/episodes could "adjust" again for her return.
The show needs happiness. It was so dark for so long for every storyline. All these characters need a vacation. I honestly hope the L/A stuff in both 411/412 is just to keep them busy until Hayden returns, I want them to do the original story once she returns.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The show needs happiness. It was so dark for so long for every storyline. All these characters need a vacation. I honestly hope the L/A stuff in both 411/412 is just to keep them busy until Hayden returns, I want them to do the original story once she returns.
Happiness & light is way overdue I honestly believe that is one message that has finally got through to the writers!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

And hopefully the happiness extends far beyond the wedding episode... with all the depressing stories lately we need lots of happy for everyone

Sooo excited for the DR wedding... and happy it's happening now and they didn't wait til the finale.. I want to see them actually married
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread