Old 08-31-2015, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

On Location for tomorrow

Eta: never mind... A couple seconds too slow
Sarah [youtube]
Old 08-31-2015, 04:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I am hanging by a thread myself and I have stuck through a lot of crap on shows but stuff involving neglecting children just I can't. That poor child. At this point I am almost wishing Avery and Juliette would just give up their rights and let Avery's mom raise their daughter because that child deserves better.
Oh no I don't like the sound of this at all - and we know we get to see Emily's house in episode 4 too - yikes. It's just too awful to think about...
Old 08-31-2015, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

So tired of seeing the words Juliette entourage and Juliette Glam squad.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I can't go into details because it's sides stuff and I don't like oversharing that stuff but I will say that Juliette has totally bailed on her family as shown by the partying all the time and the entourage crap so IF something does happen in Avery's mind, his marriage is pretty much over. That said as I have mentioned before in my posts if something and it happens at the specific moment that it could, it will go beyond character assasination for me. And it's not because of how it affects Juliette because she doesn't give a crap about her family right now so her feelings are not my priority as to why I would be beyond mad at the writers.
None of this looks good. I have pretty much lost all interest in the Juliette character. She is nowhere near deserving of Avery. Hopefully, for me, he will come to this opinion as well. With luck those lawyers listed in the 'on locations' back in an earlier episode will be Avery's divorce lawyers. I don't like the sound of possible child neglect. That seems OOC for Avery. If under these circumstances Avery forms another relationship I would not be overly objectionable. However, as distasteful as this seems I would prefer it was with Layla rather than Emily.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

I don't believe at all that Avery will have another relationship while married. One nightstand, kissing, emotional stuff is all possible with these writers... but relationship, nope. No matter how bad things are Avery is still in love with Juliette and vice versa. It's Cadence, Juliette is running away from. If there was no Cadence, Juliette wouldn't be running from everyone that matters to her.

As for Layla, she pretty much is the same age maturity as Cadence so Avery doesn't need two child to take care of.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

As far as I'm concerned, Juliette effectively ended her marriage, set it on fire, and threw its burning carcass off a cliff in the S3 finale, so there's very little Avery can do in terms of her specifically that would make me think less of him, lol. Other than when he inevitably takes her back and I will probably view it as spineless at best and negligent parenting at worst if he doesn't have some serious conditions and boundaries in place where Cadence is concerned. He can still screw up with Cadence on his own, of course, and knowing these writers and their parenting concepts he probably will, but Juliette has zero moral or ethical ground to stand on where Avery is concerned, either as a spouse or a co-parent.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
As far as I'm concerned, Juliette effectively ended her marriage, set it on fire, and threw its burning carcass off a cliff in the S3 finale, so there's very little Avery can do in terms of her specifically that would make me think less of him, lol. Other than when he inevitably takes her back and I will probably view it as spineless at best and negligent parenting at worst if he doesn't have some serious conditions and boundaries in place where Cadence is concerned. He can still screw up with Cadence on his own, of course, and knowing these writers and their parenting concepts he probably will, but Juliette has zero moral or ethical ground to stand on where Avery is concerned, either as a spouse or a co-parent.
See, this is harsh to me. If she weren't operating under the effects of PPD, I would be inclined to agree with her throwing her marriage/motherhood away. I wish the writer's had written the PPD more effectively - or in a perfect world, not written that storyline at all. But since we're here, I can only grasp on to my fleeting hopes of them resolving it quickly and without completely ruining several characters in the process.

Avery wouldn't be anymore spineless than Rayna for taking Deacon back through the years when he was an alcoholic, or for that matter, Deacon taking Rayna back after she'd lied to him for 13 years. Since he left Juliette after she refused to get help, I don't think he'd let Cadence be around her until she does and definitely not to be alone with the baby.

I do agree that she has little ground to stand on at this point, other than saying she's willing to sign over her parental rights to him and give him a divorce. I just don't believe that he would want that RIGHT NOW where we stand at the end of S3.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

PPD isn't working for me. It hasn't been written nearly well enough or even coherently. PPD doesn't explain or justify what she did with Jeff (and she knew what she was doing, she planned it and seemed to enjoy herself while she was doing it, she just didn't care about Avery in the process), nor does it explain that after she literally could have killed Avery as well as Cadence with that snow globe, her response was to come home with undertones of what can only be called abusive spouse behavior, literally with a creepy 'make up for my abusive behavior' gift and an attitude of "Come on now, you're really overreacting to what happened" to try and manipulate the situation in her favor. Truly, imagine switching their genders in that scene and no one would argue that Juliette is being abusive, no matter what her mental issue is. And now, going by the time jump, it's been over a month with no indication from Juliette that she has any comprehension of what she did wrong.

Mental illness (especially when it doesn't remotely resemble the actual mental illness that the writers are trying to claim she has) is not a blanket excuse for abusive behavior. Juliette is bad for Avery, and she's certainly bad for Cadence. He has a right to protect himself and his child, against her in this case. Particularly in terms of Cadence, Juliette has not had even one flicker of affection towards her since she was born. Not one. She hasn't so much as spoken a kind word to or about her, and (and this is virtually unheard in PPD, PPD doesn't mean you don't love your child) the only genuine emotion she HAS shown towards her, if she remembers she exists, is overt hostility. She doesn't come off as a mother with PPD, she comes off as a woman who does not want her child and wishes she'd never had her. Avery would be literally insane to allow her any sort of unrestricted access to Cadence without serious and ongoing proof that Juliette has had a complete turnaround. And even that may not save their marriage, because Juliette has been an awful spouse to him apart from being an either abusive or nonexistent parent to Cadence.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
PPD isn't working for me. It hasn't been written nearly well enough or even coherently. PPD doesn't explain or justify what she did with Jeff (and she knew what she was doing, she planned it and seemed to enjoy herself while she was doing it, she just didn't care about Avery in the process), nor does it explain that after she literally could have killed Avery as well as Cadence with that snow globe, her response was to come home with undertones of what can only be called abusive spouse behavior, literally with a creepy 'make up for my abusive behavior' gift and an attitude of "Come on now, you're really overreacting to what happened" to try and manipulate the situation in her favor. Truly, imagine switching their genders in that scene and no one would argue that Juliette is being abusive, no matter what her mental issue is. And now, going by the time jump, it's been over a month with no indication from Juliette that she has any comprehension of what she did wrong.

Mental illness (especially when it doesn't remotely resemble the actual mental illness that the writers are trying to claim she has) is not a blanket excuse for abusive behavior. Juliette is bad for Avery, and she's certainly bad for Cadence. He has a right to protect himself and his child, against her in this case. Particularly in terms of Cadence, Juliette has not had even one flicker of affection towards her since she was born. Not one. She hasn't so much as spoken a kind word to or about her, and (and this is virtually unheard in PPD, PPD doesn't mean you don't love your child) the only genuine emotion she HAS shown towards her, if she remembers she exists, is overt hostility. She doesn't come off as a mother with PPD, she comes off as a woman who does not want her child and wishes she'd never had her. Avery would be literally insane to allow her any sort of unrestricted access to Cadence without serious and ongoing proof that Juliette has had a complete turnaround. And even that may not save their marriage, because Juliette has been an awful spouse to him apart from being an either abusive or nonexistent parent to Cadence.
The PPD isn't working for me either. When the previews came out for 3.21 for the scene when Emily came over and found Cadence screaming, I thought Juliette's reaction would have been, "Oh, s**t. I forgot about her." Not intentional neglect, but that she'd gotten caught up in her music and hadn't heard her crying. Still neglect, but something like that would have been just as effective to me to show that she was more focused on her career than her child but it wouldn't have come off as she doesn't give a damn about the baby. I also wish we would have had a scene or two where she expressed love her for child/confusion over her feelings. Those 2 seconds at the end of 3.19 were clearly not enough.

I was positive after I saw the previews for the finale that after she threw that snow globe and seemed to be pretty horrified at what she'd done immediately afterwards, that she would agree to get some help at that point. Up until that point right there, (actually, until she showed up on Jeff's porch) I would have bought the PPD. After that though...

I don't know that she seemed to enjoy herself while aligning with Jeff. To me she seemed manic at that point. But I absolutely wholeheartedly agree with you and that when she came home with the replacement snow globe, that was abusive behavior. And I don't know that something like that is typical of PPD.

And YET, if she were to come out of her seemingly psychotic state shortly after all that happened, I could have been convinced that she had postpartum psychosis. I would have hated it, but all right. Whatever. But a time jump? Weeks? Weeks afterward? Nashville is going to have to show me something to help me understand what they're trying to do.

Last edited by soup333; 09-01-2015 at 10:22 AM Reason: because brought is different than bought.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

On Location for tomorrow

Quote:
*EXTRAS*:
AIRPLANE PASSENGERS with UPSCALE CARS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 25-65, upscale, conservative, classy, should have an upscale vehicle (Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Range Rover, etc.) that is not red or white. (*Please specify year, make, model & color of vehilce when submitting)
AIRPLANE PASSENGERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 25-65, upscale, conservative, classy, stylish.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-01-2015, 10:52 AM
New Fan

Are Diana and Keith respectively Connie and Chip's stand-ins?
Old 09-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsass (View Post)
Are Diana and Keith respectively Connie and Chip's stand-ins?
Not only, same stand-ins for other characters too. (From what I've been reading in this thread.)
Old 09-01-2015, 12:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
Not only, same stand-ins for other characters too. (From what I've been reading in this thread.)
Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Loyal Fan

On Location for Thursday:
Quote:
*EXTRAS*:
AIRPLANE PASSENGERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 25-65, upscale, conservative, classy, stylish, professional, polished

VIP EVENT SECURITY: male, all ethnicities, age range 21-45, height range 6'0"-6'4", larger stature but not overweight, imposing

VIP BARTENDERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 21-45, upscale, conservative, attractive, prefer some bartending experience but not required (*please specify when submitting)

FLIGHT ATTENDANTS: female, all ethnicities, age range 20-50, upscale, attractive, in good physical shape, sizes 0 - 8, conservative

PILOTS: male, all ethnicities, age range 35-60, clean-cut, conservative, distinguished, classy, professional

VIP "HIGH MONEY" CLIENTS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 35-60, upscale, classy, polished, wealthy corporate types
Old 09-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I'm going to be a little exhausted of all the VIP Events we've been seeing on these location calls.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread