Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc (View Post)
I still think she was there because Hayden got pregnant...now that Hayden is back hopefully they will resolve her storyline and make her leave
I think that was Sadie not Layla.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:12 AM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I think that was Sadie not Layla.
Maybe it was both of them. But Layla went from way background...to major character
Old 06-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc (View Post)
Maybe it was both of them. But Layla went from way background...to major character
I don't think so, because the struggle to make her work started in S2. When she didn't work as Juliette's cutthroat competition, they made her Will's long-suffering bride (and it was heavily implied she was sleeping with Jeff and likely had willingly made a deal with "Santa Claus" early in the season, only to re-write her as a virgin later). That more says producer's pet to me (a producer who has decided Aubrey is a ~star~ and insists on her character staying despite the lack of reception from the audience).
Old 06-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I don't think so, because the struggle to make her work started in S2. When she didn't work as Juliette's cutthroat competition, they made her Will's long-suffering bride (and it was heavily implied she was sleeping with Jeff and likely had willingly made a deal with "Santa Claus" early in the season, only to re-write her as a virgin later). That more says producer's pet to me (a producer who has decided Aubrey is a ~star~ and insists on her character staying despite the lack of reception from the audience).
I don't know about all that i am not a fan of hers but i honestly think she was brought on as a rival for juliette almost a role reverse it seemed similar to season 1 with rayna and juliette but when that played itself out they need to do something else with her because they liked the character. So they sent her on a path with will the whole jeff thing i don't know if anything happened at that time or it was just them implying it to see how it would play. Shows seem to do that a lot put things out there and not follow through but i do not think that audrey is being pushed by one of the producers. I also do not think it is fair to say there is a lack of reception by the audience all characters have fans and haters even the stars of the show and if a show dictated stories by that then shows would flop. Personally i am not a fan but i do know she does have fans. The writers tell the story they want to tell and producers don't usually involved themselves in that way they are more concerned with the bottom line numbers then what characters have what screen time not to mention the writers don't usually like being interfered to that degree

I don't know if this is old news or not but it was news to me but JJ is heading back to general hospital to reprise his role as lucky spencer for a few weeks as tony gerry who plays luke exists the show for good.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha24 (View Post)
I don't know about all that i am not a fan of hers but i honestly think she was brought on as a rival for juliette almost a role reverse it seemed similar to season 1 with rayna and juliette but when that played itself out they need to do something else with her because they liked the character. So they sent her on a path with will the whole jeff thing i don't know if anything happened at that time or it was just them implying it to see how it would play. Shows seem to do that a lot put things out there and not follow through but i do not think that audrey is being pushed by one of the producers. I also do not think it is fair to say there is a lack of reception by the audience all characters have fans and haters even the stars of the show and if a show dictated stories by that then shows would flop. Personally i am not a fan but i do know she does have fans. The writers tell the story they want to tell and producers don't usually involved themselves in that way they are more concerned with the bottom line numbers then what characters have what screen time not to mention the writers don't usually like being interfered to that degree

I don't know if this is old news or not but it was news to me but JJ is heading back to general hospital to reprise his role as lucky spencer for a few weeks as tony gerry who plays luke exists the show for good.
The JJ news has been rumored for awhile but it was confirmed today. He will be filming for GH for around 3 days (probably pretape a lot since it will be during GH dark weeks) so it's not old news

Nashville doesn't work like most show though. From writers to producers behavior. Some of the producers get a lot of say. I agree with Cristofle, Aubrey is being pushed by one of the producers and looking at one in particular's twitter, it's pretty obvious. Every episodes she has been in, he has praised her non-stop while barely commenting on anything else or any other actors from the show.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The JJ news has been rumored for awhile but it was confirmed today. He will be filming for GH for around 3 days (probably pretape a lot since it will be during GH dark weeks) so it's not old news

Nashville doesn't work like most show though. From writers to producers behavior. Some of the producers get a lot of say. I agree with Cristofle, Aubrey is being pushed by one of the producers and looking at one in particular's twitter, it's pretty obvious. Every episodes she has been in, he has praised her non-stop while barely commenting on anything else or any other actors from the show.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this point
Old 06-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

yeah I guess so. I do agree that all characters have fans and haters though, as for all shows. That said I think the show has problems letting go of characters and storylines that aren't working (either because they have come to love the actor or just want to prove the audience wrong). It took them forever to write out Teddy when they knew in s1 the political stuff wasn't working. They could have used him as support instead they dragged him as a regular on and on. And I find it sad for Eric because not only was his talent not used to its full potential but most articles annoncing he wouldn't be a regular in s4 was pratically 95% of comments saying about freaken time.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

They could have just brought Teddy into the business side of H65. I think the political stuff was fine in S1/S2, but this season he just felt like another Lamar.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:17 AM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Producers do get a lot of say.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like luke.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

vaguely spoilery about how long after the finale the premiere is going to take place

Apparently the writers told Chris not to shave... and they've told him this already so they must want the beard grown in some... so guessing the premiere is skipping ahead at least a couple weeks

Sarah [youtube]
Old 06-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

thanks for sharing. I hate how this makes Juliette look worst with this possible timejump and I fear them having asked the same of JJ. That said they probably wanted to skip over the recovery time or possible death and for the Teddy initial reactions to have already pass and be old news. I think it's a mistake especially the Teddy stuff because Eric deserves a good exit story after the nonsense he was thrown but maybe they really don't want to waste any time on that.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

I feel like we've already seen Teddy's exit story... him getting arrested is the end of his story... and he might have a court appearance or the girls visit him in jail that we'll see him in a couple episodes but otherwise he'll just be in jail... curious as to how the girls handle this

And I had a feeling they were going to time jump... at least far enough ahead for Deacon to be out of the hospital when they come back... and especially when they set up for Juliette to go out on tour with Luke making it easy for her to ignore her problems for the length of the time jump... Gunnar can leave Kiley with her spawn in Texas and be back in Nashville for the premiere
Sarah [youtube]
Old 06-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Yeah but I really wanted to see how Rayna and the girls find out and how they feel about it and if Rayna finds out the Tandy and Hw65 angle stuff. I feel like by the time the show comes back the dust will already have settled and the girls will be seen visiting Teddy in jail after the charges are official and his jailtime is set. Like all of that will be behind them. While a trial itself would have been too boring to watch, the reactions of Rayna and the girls is what I really wanted to see.

The only positive side I see is that the Will coming out stuff will have settled in the way that it won't focus on how Layla feels about it being out she married a gay guy.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

I don't think we necessarily need to see the immediate reactions of Rayna and the girls finding out... maybe it's the first time they go visit Teddy in jail... they could pick back up the Daphne angst and having wanted to move in with Teddy... Maddie could have pulled a "you're not my real dad" move again and not talked to him since he got arrested... they can make the angst still current even with a time jump

Skipping ahead past the hospital recovery for Deacon (and Beverly?) is good with me

And I can still hold on to hope that Jeff has gone out with Juliette on Luke's tour, left Layla behind and maybe possibly ended that mess

And this gives them enough time to get rid of Kiley and Dr Dull offscreen, never to be seen again
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread