Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2015, 03:58 PM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
If they're so sure, why end with a will-he-live cliffhanger?
I am not certain but I am fairly sure. I could tell after the midseason finale when the press for the show disappeared. My only reservation was it's shot in house and is cheap to make so I thought maybe...

Also usually a show will only be revamped twice before its pulled. Meaning that they tried to get an audience as a drama about an aging and young artist, then they changed it to soap and both failed to get the ratings. The sad part is that the cast is really talented. It's mainly the consistency and pacing that is lacking. And in my personal opinion also losing Juliette for awhile...not anyone's fault but this show needed her. Her break meant that they had to step up characters with shaky storylines and it just didn't work.

Last edited by dmc; 04-01-2015 at 04:05 PM
Old 04-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Maybe just me but I have no problem at all with a quickie hospital wedding
I don't either. I also don't care about the baby naming thing - it's just a thing. And the thing with Beverly probably isn't a HIPAA violation, since Scarlett was in the room with Beverly, who had obviously given consent. I work with HIPAA every day, so I just want to try to correct some misinformation.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Still about 90% sure they'll get renewed. They've got syndication working heavily in their favor. It consistently gets better ratings than Revenge/Resurrection/Forever. The two new heavily promoted shows Secrets and Lies and American Crime aren't doing any better than Nashville (actually tending to be slightly worse). Castle gets slightly better ratings sometimes but others about the same as Nashville. AoS got similar numbers to ours this week. Aside from TGIT Nashville is doing about the same or slightly better than most of ABCs other dramas. And our ratings have been very stable for over a season. They'll give us the one more year for syndication.

Plus they just recently announced another tour and added another date today. So the music gives them a little extra revenue.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Addicted Fan

I would be ok with a quick wedding, but not at the hospital and before the surgery. Just not like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc (View Post)
I am not certain but I am fairly sure. I could tell after the midseason finale when the press for the show disappeared.
The press didn't disappear, it's always been like that. We don't know, they don't know. Going to repost this:

Old 04-01-2015, 04:23 PM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
I would be ok with a quick wedding, but not at the hospital and before the surgery. Just not like that.

The press didn't disappear, it's always been like that. We don't know, they don't know. Going to repost this:

I disagree. I mean this show has never been Game of Thrones. But it used to release promos on time, It used regularly release spoilers to the usual places, and there were write ups...all of this stuff has slowed and has been inconsistent. That isn't how it used to be.

But i don't have an inside information, this is just my opinion.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Maybe just me but I have no problem at all with a quickie hospital wedding
It's just the fact that it's at the hospital and right before the surgery. But I don't know, maybe it's just that I wasn't expecting that at all and I need to let the idea sink in.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
It's just the fact that it's at the hospital and right before the surgery. But I don't know, maybe it's just that I wasn't expecting that at all and I need to let the idea sink in.
The only thing that had me questioning my feeling before was they just did quickie finale wedding with JA. But I've been feeling like this was a real possibility since we found out Deacon moved in. Not necessarily literally right before surgery but still
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

after how long we waited, I could care less if they tie the knot in a hospital room or in the middle of a traffic jam. the point is....THEYRE GETTING MARRIED!!!!! 😱😱😱 ima go jump up and down now.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

this show hasn't had press since S1, and spots of press for Hayden during S2 and her GG nomination. That's about it.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Loyal Fan

OLC for Thursday:
Quote:
08:00am
DOWNTOWN PEDESTRIANS (PEDESTRIANS/***** TONK PATRONS)
***** TONK BARTENDERS (BARTENDERS/EVENT PATRONS)
***** TONK WAITRESSES (***** TONK WAITRESSES/EVENT PATRONS)
***** TONK ROADIES (***** TONK ROADIES/EVENT PATRONS)

08:15am
***** TONK PATRONS (***** TONK PATRONS/EVENT PATRONS)

08:30am
TWO STEP DANCERS (TWO STEP DANCERS/EVENT PATRONS)
EVENT BARTENDERS (EVENT BARTENDERS/***** TONK PATRONS)
EVENT SERVERS (EVENT SERVERS/***** TONK PATRONS)
RADIO INDUSTRY TYPES (RADIO INDUSTRY TYPE/***** TONK PATRON)

08:45am
MUSICIAN TYPES (MUSICIAN TYPES/***** TONK PATRONS)
EVENT GREETER (EVENT GREETER/***** TONK PATRON)
LUKE'S BODYGUARD
EVENT PHOTOGRAPHERS (EVENT PHOTOGRAPHERS/***** TONK PATRONS)

09:060am
STANDINS (Diana S., Jeanie D., Keith S., Jason B.)
Old 04-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
If they're so sure, why end with a will-he-live cliffhanger?
I think Nashville is n a much better place for renewal, with 3 seasons under their belt, and the possibility of syndication looming, than they were at the end of Season 1 or 2.

While it's not unheard of, it's rare for a series with 3 Full Seasons, to be cancelled. With this much invested in the show, they want to get it to syndication, if possible.

I'm certainly no expert, I guess we'll see, but, I'm hoping!!
Old 04-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm feeling pretty positive about a renewal, because its quite consistent and stable ratings, not to mention syndication. I was not around this time last year, but if I were, I would feel better now after 3 seasons than after 2.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Let us never speak of renewal time last year... looking like a sure thing all season and then scaring the hell out of us last second
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. I'm glad I only started watching the show late last year, so I never was around for that. But I did hear it happened at the last moment.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread