Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoiledAgain (View Post)
If he was to drink again, I think it would put the nails in the coffin of Rayna and Deacon ever being together again. Personally, I don't think they can go down that road again with him. It would be hard for the audience to come back from that, especially because now there is Maddie to think about, and when children come into play, it's a lot more difficult to 'get over' something like that. Not to mention, it would be virtually impossible to sympathize with Deacon's character anymore. Would be a huge mistake for the writers to go there IMO.
I mean, I know they change things from the sides sometimes, but in the sides it was super clear that he didn't drink and he was just sick, so hopefully that wasn't changed.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

and here we go:

Quote:
How does Nashville plan on handling Hayden Panettiere’s real-life maternity leave? Did they find a way to incorporate her into every episode ahead of time, or will there be episodes where Juliette Barnes will not be seen? –Sharon
“We did bank some material for a few episodes,” showrunner Dee Johnson confirms for TVLine. “She may be out of one or two. It all depends on how quickly [Hayden] wants to come charging back to work.”
X
Old 12-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Passionate Fan

I hope we get info on which episodes she will be missing because I'll skip those, tbh. I don't want to witness Layla and some other randoms taking her screen time.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

she and avery can go on vacation those episodes lmao
Old 12-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

LOL, way to plan that really carefully?
Old 12-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
she and avery can go on vacation those episodes lmao
Well since Juliette can't travel because of her Factor V thing, I don't think that's going to happen
Old 12-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

No one's taking anything from anyone. Hayden's going to be on maternity leave we all knew this was a very real possibility. There was no way for them to pre-tape everything. I don't think there's any reason to go into panic mode just yet. She may not end up missing anything.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingonalie (View Post)
I hope we get info on which episodes she will be missing because I'll skip those, tbh. I don't want to witness Layla and some other randoms taking her screen time.
I will be skipping those shows too. Other shows can make sure their leads do not miss episodes when taking maternity leave. I am not here for Sadie, Rayna, Scarlett or Layla.

Last edited by KellieW; 12-10-2014 at 06:20 PM
Old 12-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Other shows usually cut the season short to accomodate maternity leave like Scandal did with Kerry Washington. This is an ensemble cast, I think they really see themselves that way, so that wouldn't be fare to the other actors.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

the only reason why the episode count would never be cut down is because they need to reach syndication. Otherwise... this show's leads are Rayna and Juliette. Not Layla, not Scarlett, not Deacon or Avery... it's those two. In a perfect world, there should not be an episode where one of them is not present.

Nobody's blaming Hayden; this is her health we are talking about. If she misses an episode or two because of complications or wanting to take more time off, that's her choice that she should be fully allowed to make. But I dislike this concept of an "ensemble cast" being justification for other characters to take up importance and belittle Hayden's necessary presence. This is not an "ensemble cast" show the way Lost was. There were clear leads dictated from the pilot, despite other characters being on the canvas.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
the only reason why the episode count would never be cut down is because they need to reach syndication. Otherwise... this show's leads are Rayna and Juliette. Not Layla, not Scarlett, not Deacon or Avery... it's those two. In a perfect world, there should not be an episode where one of them is not present.

Nobody's blaming Hayden; this is her health we are talking about. If she misses an episode or two because of complications or wanting to take more time off, that's her choice that she should be fully allowed to make. But I dislike this concept of an "ensemble cast" being justification for other characters to take up importance and belittle Hayden's necessary presence. This is not an "ensemble cast" show the way Lost was. There were clear leads dictated from the pilot, despite other characters being on the canvas.
PREACH! Plus, apart from Connie, Hayden, Chip and JJ I can count with one hand other good actors on the show who are capable of carrying dramatic scenes. The fact that some people make the assumption that the show is an "ensemble show" is because of all the damn characters that we have to endure. It has been established from day one that the leads are Connie and Hayden and stating that this is an ensemble show is unfair to them.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I'm not saying that fans think it's an ensemble cast, but I'm pretty sure the writers/producers do see it that way at this point. I know it was pitched as Connie/Hayden as the leads, but I really do think they believe that the other members of the cast are almost as important. I mean, look at all the scenes Will/Layla/Luke, etc. have had this season. That might not be the direction that we on this board want, but I'm pretty sure that's where it's heading.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
I'm not saying that fans think it's an ensemble cast, but I'm pretty sure the writers/producers do see it that way at this point. I know it was pitched as Connie/Hayden as the leads, but I really do think they believe that the other members of the cast are almost as important. I mean, look at all the scenes Will/Layla/Luke, etc. have had this season. That might not be the direction that we on this board want, but I'm pretty sure that's where it's heading.
that wasn't particularly directed at you lol sorry. I've just seen a lot of "ensemble cast" nonsense recently... and it's just blatantly not true. And if the writers see this show now as an ensemble, then it's a different show than what it started as, and an ensemble cast is not what the show ever started as.

It is beyond ridiculous to me that a guest star would get more screentime, better songs, and better story-arc than 4 time Emmy Nominee and lead of the show CONNIE BRITTON. sigh.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

On Location details for tomorrow

Quote:
08:00am
SCHOOL GIRLS

08:30am
MAYOR's STAFF

08:48am
STANDINS (Keith S., Diana S.)

09:00am
DEACON HAND DOUBLE (Jason B.)
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really liked the eps a lot.. I hate Pete!!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread