Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
It seems like Deacon is willing to fight for his life in order to be around as long as he can for Maddie, so I guess he's hoping for the best, and doesn't want to scare her until he's sure he's really going to die, which I kind of see, but also, I'd rather have him tell her. Also I still think that this will all come out during the fight to keep Maddie away from Edgehill, cause I'm pretty sure Rayna is going to try to fight to get Teddy nullified as her father since he signed her away to Jeff, and the only way to do that is to assert legally that Deacon is her father.
But that's not the sense that's been given through sides. He's pretty much accepted his terminal fate... He's not hoping for the best at all. He thinks he has limited time.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
teddys with a hooker?
yep. Didn't you see the last episode?
Old 11-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't judge Deacon either, he doesn't want to burden anyone with his secret and he prolly thinks he deserves it for drinking all his life. Sorry to hear about your father, I do have kids and I don't know how I would react in that situation myself but Some choose not to burden the family and some think they have the right to know. I'm not angry for Deacon not telling anyone because that is the logical thing to do. He told Scarlett and she's the closest person to him so it makes sense but right now until he doesn't deal win it probably no one else will know and yes people will argue that Maddie has a right to know but also she just came into his life it's still so new I don't think Maddie will be able to handle the shock of Deacon's news and Rayna with her self righteous attitude would probably be angry he didn't tell her first anyways.

I want season 1 Rayna back. If I woulda gotten bad news like that it would take me a while to tell anyone. I know how hard someone can take it, my father recently went into the ER and I got a call next morning that he had surgery and that he pretty much had colon cancer for the last 5 years and he wouldn't have told us either if he knew. I think when all is said and done I'm going to be more angry with the way people react then Deacon himself.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

I don't judge Deacon for how he deals with it... but I am so beyond sick of the writers need to draagggg evverryyything out foreverrrr. And then waiting until a few episodes before the finale for anything to start moving and so they end up cramming all the real story into the last couple episodes and rushing things. They keep doing it and they never learn. And while Deacon wanting to isolate himself is very well within the realm of realistic reactions, this is a tv show and characters need to interact to move stories forward. And the writers can't seem to figure that out
Sarah [youtube]
Old 11-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
But that's not the sense that's been given through sides. He's pretty much accepted his terminal fate... He's not hoping for the best at all. He thinks he has limited time.
I don't know. I think that's open to interpretation. At first he tells her that he won't be there during the summer(i.e he'll be dead by then), but by the end of the episode he's asking her to play shows with him during the summer because his attitude has changed.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
I don't judge Deacon for how he deals with it... but I am so beyond sick of the writers need to draagggg evverryyything out foreverrrr. And then waiting until a few episodes before the finale for anything to start moving and so they end up cramming all the real story into the last couple episodes and rushing things. They keep doing it and they never learn. And while Deacon wanting to isolate himself is very well within the realm of realistic reactions, this is a tv show and characters need to interact to move stories forward. And the writers can't seem to figure that out
I agree. It's the writers that don't know how to make this work.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
A tv show, especially a non-cable one, is produced to make money, not to tell a good story. For instance, the CMA Awards synergy is more important to ABC so the "real story" subsides.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
I don't know. I think that's open to interpretation. At first he tells her that he won't be there during the summer(i.e he'll be dead by then), but by the end of the episode he's asking her to play shows with him during the summer because his attitude has changed.
I can understand Deacon, my dad whose been battling with cancer has always tried to down play i when talking to me. My brother who lives closer to him told that he almost died this summer, so I am definetly not going to judge Deacon. He doesn't want to burden Maddie or maybe wants to give herhope
Old 11-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I can understand Deacon, my dad whose been battling with cancer has always tried to down play i when talking to me. My brother who lives closer to him told that he almost died this summer, so I am definetly not going to judge Deacon. He doesn't want to burden Maddie or maybe wants to give herhope
More than that, he must've been the inspiration for Maddie to pursue a career in the music industry.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
yep. Didn't you see the last episode?
yes. oh? wow! ew.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
yes. oh? wow! ew.
yep the keeping it on my tab thing was about that
Old 11-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

it's never not hilarious that teddy is getting with a hooker. like come on nowwww. sign me up to hook up with teddy! jesus.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Teddy's track record with relationships is just getting increasingly sad
Sarah [youtube]
Old 11-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Teddy is capable of being in a realationship with a pretty and intelligent women its rediculous
Closed Thread   Post New Thread