Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Extreme Fan

How has Aubrey a new song - AGAIN?!?!? I'm gonna RAGE.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingonalie (View Post)
TFTNT and the magnificent title!!!

Hmmm... has Sara even watched the show? Gurl, no.

I thought Rayna was mostly based on Faith Hill but with a touch of awful bad decisions, lol.
Sorry double post but OMG....that Sara interview? What is wrong with her? What's with that attitude?
Old 10-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Connie always mentioned she watched Faith Hill and Martina to prepare for Rayna, right? I know the only names Hayden has dropped have been Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I think Connie always mentioned she watched Faith Hill and Martina to prepare for Rayna, right? I know the only names Hayden has dropped have been Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert.
Rayna and Deacon are basically Tim and Faith
Old 10-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I may have to run after this one, but I've always throughout they were trying to do the tim/faith thing with rayna/luke. Big couple famous in their own right that kind of promote themselves through their union. LOL.

plus its widely known that a reformed Hank Williams would be Deacon.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Tim McGraw is WAY more famous in his own right than Deacon has ever been suggested to be in the writing, so I agree, I think the aim is to make Luke more like Tim. Which is an insult to Tim, lol, but whatever. Deacon is RESPECTED, and well-known in the industry, but Tim McGraw has released...what, over a dozen albums? He's even acted in hit movies.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Extreme Fan

I still think there's a bit of Tim/Faith in them especially with the whole drug/alcohol addiction....

Also obviously Stevie and Lindsey.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Although I can't stand Luke, they're certainly not doing Rayna any favours, if she gets, even, to the rehearsal dinner, before calling off the wedding.

She's not some kid, she's not an older woman, who, nevertheless, is fairly inexperienced, in relationships.

She's been in two, long term relationships, one, a marriage.

There, was nothing in she and Luke's relationship, that indicated they were even close to marriage, till the showy proposal. It made no sense that she went forward with the engagement, and it makes less sense, that she would let it get almost to the altar, to end it!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I forgot about Stevie and Lindsey Buckingham.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Rayna is going to look ridiculous. But I hope SOMEHOW they bring up the fact that she can't seem to be alone. She has ping-ponged from one love interest (or fling, in Liam's case) to another from her first moment on the show. The OBVIOUSLY healthy choice in 3x01 would have been for Rayna to accept neither proposal. So why didn't she do that?
Old 10-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Rayna is going to look ridiculous. But I hope SOMEHOW they bring up the fact that she can't seem to be alone. She has ping-ponged from one love interest (or fling, in Liam's case) to another from her first moment on the show. The OBVIOUSLY healthy choice in 3x01 would have been for Rayna to accept neither proposal. So why didn't she do that?
THIS. I have said it before, she's the classic gotta-be-in-a-relationship woman. Which is why I don't think it ever crossed her mind, after the proposals, to turn them both down. It was always "which one do I choose?"
Old 10-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

I really need more Rayna POV in the next couple weeks as it starts sinking in that she's made a huge disaster of her life. And why she kept pushing forward with it anyway. I don't have high hopes though. I'm guessing our best shot is 311 and the fallout of leaving Luke because it's a Deb Fordham episode.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh I forgot about Stevie and Lindsey Buckingham.
Mhm...and also

They spoiled it a bit by giving Luke the hat, but well....
Old 10-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
But I think Layla was supposed to be a version of Juliette in the beginning of her career, at least originally. It's like, a cycle of females that are struggling to edge their way into the business.

then layla got dragged into a storline I hated and she never recovered.

I actually thought of SHE-WHO-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED as someone who would represent to Juliette the kind of threat she represented to Rayna. I think Juliette did get a taste of what it must have felt for Rayna to have this younger singer try to come and steal the spotlight from her and make her feel replaceable. In Juliette's case was even worse because THIS CERTAIN CHARACTER wasn't that much younger than her.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingonalie (View Post)
I actually thought of SHE-WHO-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED as someone who would represent to Juliette the kind of threat she represented to Rayna. I think Juliette did get a taste of what it must have felt for Rayna to have this younger singer try to come and steal the spotlight from her and make her feel replaceable. In Juliette's case was even worse because THIS CERTAIN CHARACTER wasn't that much younger than her.
That's what I thought too and then all of a sudden they totally changed the storyline?!