Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I think the worst part is that clearly Deacon is singing that song because he's Just That Sure that Rayna will come and choose him, so he's probably pretty chill at the Luke confrontation- only to be made to look like a pathetic fool at the end :/ So he's basically getting attacked for no reason. Did Deacon's fictional ass run over someone's puppy?
That's the part that KILLS me... he writes that song and is going to perform it publicly because he's so sure that Rayna's going to come... he probably doesn't even care that Luke's pissed because he knows Luke's insecure because they both know Rayna loves Deacon... and then she stays with Luke... and devastates him... ugggghhh dreading the premiere so much
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't even know how to express how I feel about this, lol. I don't know if that's that I want to say he doesn't deserve this, because it's not that I think Deacon is entitled to Rayna if she doesn't want him- but I'm just going to be hard-pressed to be convinced that she DOES after all this. I don't know why he should ever believe her if she ever does express her love for him- he doesn't exist to be on her hook. I mean, my advice to him if he were real, lol, would be "Okay dude, you gave it the ole' college try, but it's time to give up the ghost and move on and not look back."
Old 09-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

This is the part that I just completely don't understand what the writers are doing. And it's the part that's making me have literally zero excitement for the new season. Ok I get that they want to drag out this Luke mess/keeping DR apart longer (which really they would be so much better off if they didn't). But there are a thousand other ways that they could have done it that wouldn't be so cruel to Deacon and the fans. Why is it necessary to do this in a way where they set up Deacon (and the fans) to expect that she should come and then just crush him?! Why?!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

guys. it's a primetime soap. lol.

I still feel like there will be some sort of ~justification as to why she picks Luke in the premiere that will be easy to backtrack on later.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Passionate Fan

I still can't believe we got some Javery in that promo I expect nothing from ABC so this is shocking, lmao.

Last edited by hangingonalie; 09-06-2014 at 09:55 PM
Old 09-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)

I still feel like there will be some sort of ~justification as to why she picks Luke in the premiere that will be easy to backtrack on later.
Which is why I'm so not surprised that she's staying with Luke for a while and they're dragging this out longer... but Deacon would be hurt enough by her picking Luke in any situation.. why do they have to go out of their way to make it worse for him (and us?!)

I'm feeling more like they're going to have Luke do something horrible to justify Rayna leaving him.. which uggghhh
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)

I have so much less patience for primetime shows of any sort, lol. I'm super forgiving of daytime in contrast, because they have to stay on for five days a week all year round and characters can be there for like 20-30 years and people come back from the dead 80 times over and people try to freeze the world and all that. In the land of primetime, I ain't got no time for Rayna doing this if she wants Deacon.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

And know what else creates just as much drama? Rayna dumps Luke's ass 5 seconds after his very public proposal for Deacon. That's enough to cause scandal on it's own. Then a bitter Luke can team up with Jeff to fuel the flames of the scandal and try to take down H65. DR (+Juliette) try to keep H65 afloat through all the scandal. Still tons of room for soapy drama. Pisses off entirely less fans. We're not subjected to Rayna having family time with Luke and his spawn. Or yet another useless newbie for Deacon.

Hell DR having an affair while she keeps up the public image of a happy engagement to Luke (and then they get caught and it turns into a mess) is better than this. And look, still tons of soapy drama.

It really feels like they're going for the worst possible option that's only going to succeed in pissing off a large portion of their fanbase
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Which is why I'm so not surprised that she's staying with Luke for a while and they're dragging this out longer... but Deacon would be hurt enough by her picking Luke in any situation.. why do they have to go out of their way to make it worse for him (and us?!)

I'm feeling more like they're going to have Luke do something horrible to justify Rayna leaving him.. which uggghhh
For her big girl, she should choose Deacon. I know that fathers are systematically demonized somehow upon left-wing political bias, but in this show's case, Teddy is the bad guy while Deacon is always nice and kind to his daughter. If she seals the deal with Luke, she'll have a blended family (Luke had a son), which would be unstable. The best scenario would be her having her happy ending with Deacon and Maddie, but her younger daughter may go with Trddy, and that would break aprat the duo.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Teddy's a good Dad to both Daphne and Maddie. Deacon cares about Maddie but at the moment he is a friend it will take him awhile to be a Dad imo
Old 09-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not sure how a blended family is apparently unstable... But ok. I would also love clarification on what:

Quote:
I know that fathers are systematically demonized somehow upon left-wing political bias
means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Teddy's a good Dad to both Daphne and Maddie. Deacon cares about Maddie but at the moment he is a friend it will take him awhile to be a Dad imo
Agreed

Last edited by Static Waves; 09-06-2014 at 11:14 PM
Old 09-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Agreed that Teddy's been a great dad (he's done a number of other questionable things.. but he's always been a great dad)

And not blended families in general but this one is bound to be a disaster.. It involves Luke the insecure tool (who clearly gave zero thought to either of their kids before proposing), his lame spawn, at least one of Rayna's daughters (if not both) actively against this mess of a relationship, and Rayna who will inevitably end up back with Deacon...
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm sorry but how is a blended family unstable? And if so, if Rayna and Deacon got together, it would also be a blended family but that would be ok because that's what everyone wants? Luke is awful, I get it, but this just doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
The best scenario would be her having her happy ending with Deacon and Maddie, but her younger daughter may go with Trddy, and that would break aprat the duo
And the girls are not puppies, the mother has the custody unless she's a monster but Teddy can always share that custody with her without separating the child from the mother. The minors should always be a priority and they can't just choose who they live with.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Actually I wanted to stay away from spoilers to go easy on my heart...but tumblr kinda effed things up. What's this picture with Rayna and Luke (at the lake house or sth?) ...srly tho wtf. I can't deal with those writers. They need to stop.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiTaylor (View Post)
Actually I wanted to stay away from spoilers to go easy on my heart...but tumblr kinda effed things up. What's this picture with Rayna and Luke (at the lake house or sth?) ...srly tho wtf. I can't deal with those writers. They need to stop.
They're from here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4018445&type=1

And his spawn is there too
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread