Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Modern Family S&S #2: Because With New Eppies Comes New Spoilers. Yay!

Welcome to the Modern Family Spoilers & Speculations Thread

Credit

Modern Family is an American television comedy created by Christopher Lloyd and Steven Levitan, which debuted on ABC on September 23, 2009. Lloyd and Levitan serve as showrunner and executive producers, under their Levitan-Lloyd Productions label. Depicted in mockumentary style, the fictional characters talk directly into the cameras during many situations that arise throughout the series.

The story follows the families of Jay Pritchett (Ed O'Neill), his daughter Claire Dunphy (Julie Bowen), and his son Mitchell Pritchett (Jesse Tyler Ferguson), who live in a suburban community of Los Angeles, California. Claire is a homemaker mother married to Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell); they have three children—Haley (Sarah Hyland), Alex (Ariel Winter), and Luke (Nolan Gould). After splitting with his longtime wife, Jay has re-married with a much younger Colombian woman, Gloria Delgado-Pritchett (Sofía Vergara), and is helping her raise her pre-teen son, Manny (Rico Rodriguez). Mitchell and his partner Cameron Tucker (Eric Stonestreet) have adopted a Vietnamese baby, Lily.

An all new one hour episode will premiere on September 21, 2011 9pm ET Wednesdays on ABC.

Spoiler tweets:

@jessetyler: I'm so excited that my old "Midsummer Nights Dream" cohort will be guesting on Modern Family! Exciting! Keck's Exclusives: Modern Family Corrals Tim Blake Nelson for Premiere - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

@BiancaRDouglas: Meet ournew Lily! -- Modern Family replaces Baby Lily | Inside TV | EW.com via @EW

@JeffGreenbergCD: Benjamin Bratt to Return to Modern Family, Baby Lily Recast So You Think You Can Dance Crowns a Frontrunner For Once - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com via @tvguide

General Spoilers:

Quote:
HEY DUDE | The show is going more salt of the earth for its next family trip. After Phil’s Family Camp idea gets shot down, everyone goes to a dude ranch for the hour-long season premiere, which was shot in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Hawaii, it’s definitely not. But Phil will find a silver-lining to the adventure. “He [decides] it will be a chance for him to once again demonstrate to Jay that he is a worthy son-in-law,” previews Lloyd. “So Phil does a lot of practicing in the driveway, like shooting a gun and roping things.” The dude ranch might be just what Mitchell and Cam need too. They make a big decision – to adopt a baby boy! – but then “start to have some uncertainty” about whether they have what it takes to raise the little guy. “They figure, ‘A dude ranch sounds like a good way for us to rediscover our macho side,’” says Lloyd.

A VERY MIXED UP CHRISTMAS | If your favorite episodes are the ones where the family dynamics get shaken up, you won’t want to miss this season’s Christmas outing. “We have Gloria [paired] off with Luke,” reveals Lloyd. “We’ve got Phil with Manny, Mitchell with Alex.” Lloyd says one of the advantages of having such a talented ensemble is it allows the show’s writers to “put them in pairings we’re not used to seeing and discover new dimensions. It seems very real because they are family members.”

SISTER ACT | Remember that nice, genuine moment of peace Alex and Haley enjoyed at the younger Dunphy’s middle school graduation? It’s not going to last for very long now that the girls are attending the same school, which, naturally, Haley is not very happy about. In one episode, they’ll find themselves in the same math class and “hating it.” But Alex and Haley are family, so “they ultimately love each other, and they can help each other,” says Lloyd. And they’ll do so by turning that shared math class to “their mutual advantage.”

WHO’S YOUR MOMMY? | If you’re wondering what kind of a woman raised Phil Dunphy, you may have to keep wondering. Ty Burrell previously told TVLine he’s got “a feeling we’ll never meet Phil’s mom,” something Lloyd all but confirms. “It enables us to paint a picture of a larger than life character,” he says. “And it would certainly make sense that Phil would come from colorful, larger-than-life parents.” It’s not the first time the show has built up a character with just words. “We’re doing that maybe a little bit with Cameron’s sister, with allusions to this slightly strange creature she is,” he continues. “For example, she was born with a whole set of teeth. That’s something we find out in a throwaway moment — Cameron points it out almost proudly — and we may fill in that portrait a little bit as we go.” While the possibility of seeing Phil’s mom on screen remains uncertain, Fred Willard as Papa Dunphy “is certainly one [person] we would love to have back.”
Modern Family Boss on Season 3: Ranch Life, Mix 'N' Match Christmas, Sisters at Arms - TVLine

Casting News:

Quote:
Look who seems pretty chipper these days? Meet the new Baby, er, Toddler Lily on ABC’s Modern Family. She’s 4-year-old Aubrey Anderson-Emmons and she’ll play the adopted daughter of Cameron (Eric Stonestreet, pictured) and Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) this fall.

We’ll let fellow kid actor Nolan Gould (Luke Dunphy) comment on the comedy’s latest cast edition: ”She’s really adorable,” he told EW. “The first day I met her, she was kind of hiding behind her mom’s leg and I brought out my iPad and started playing with it and she comes out and she’s like [gasp] and started playing with it. It was really cute. I haven’t worked with her yet. But she is really happy. She says lines. She does everything. She’s really cute.”
Modern Family replaces Baby Lily | Inside TV | EW.com

Upcoming Guests:

Quote:
Benjamin Bratt is headed back to Modern Family.

The actor, who showed up last year as Manny's father and Gloria's ex, Javier, will guest star again this fall in an episode that takes place at the racetrack. Previews Christopher Lloyd to Entertainment Weekly:

“Jay feels possessive of Manny for the first time and wonders what he’s allowed to do and what he isn’t as his step-dad. The [racetrack] backdrop becomes kind of a competition between Jay and Javier for Manny.”
Benjamin Bratt: Returning to Modern Family - TV Fanatic

Quote:
Modern Family's third season premiere (airing September 21) finds America's favorite sitcom family — plus Haley's boyfriend Dylan — heading to a Wyoming dude ranch, where Mitch and Cam attempt to discover their "inner dude and reinvigorate their macho side" before adopting a baby boy, previews executive producer Chris Lloyd.

Fantastic character actor Tim Blake Nelson, most recognized for his role in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, has been signed to play Hank, a cowboy of few words who "intimidates the guys and sends the girls' hearts a-twitter," adds Lloyd. "He influences the various family members in different ways and gives them all nicknames."

Gloria, for instance is 'cactus flower,' which irks Jay, while mosquito-weary Manny is dubbed 'Skeeter.'
Keck's Exclusives: Modern Family Corrals Tim Blake Nelson for Premiere - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-02-2012, 11:29 AM
MST Manager

Thanks, Meredith.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt!!!

Love the OP!!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT!

Promo for this week's ep "Lifetime Supply"

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread
Old 01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the promo.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the promo
Old 01-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread and promo.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Moderator Manager

Here's another which includes all the other ABC comedies (The Middle, Suburgatory, Happy Endings, Modern Family):

Also some BTS from "Lifetime Supply"

SOURCE: Peter “Hopper” Stone/ ABC Television Group

Also another story angle that the show will address soon.

Quote:
Has Modern Family dropped the story line with Cameron and Mitchell trying to have another baby? —Spencer Green, Delmar, NY

They haven't, insists executive producer Christopher Lloyd. "The next funny, and hopefully moving, chapters are on the way," he says. "The reality is this doesn't happen overnight. We have one episode where they find a pregnant girl who wants to make sure they are the right dads for her child. Because the baby's biological father was musical, she wants to make sure Cam and Mitch are musical as well, so they have to audition for her."

Another episode will find the boys flirting with the idea of asking a relative to serve as their surrogate mother. Gotta be Gloria, right?
Keck's Exclusives: Modern Family Moves Forward With Adoption Story - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha I love the idea of the dads having to be musical. Cam is perfect
Old 01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the pics!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the promos and pics!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Moderator Manager

I know! I can't wait when this will be addressed soon but hopefully before the season ends.

ETA: 3x12 "Egg Drop" Promo Pics

SOURCE: http://www.abcmedianet.com/

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 01-08-2012 at 11:55 PM
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pics! Do we know if that episode is the last one?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the pics.

Quote:
Greg: You've been holding out on the Modern Family scoop! Sharing is caring!
Manny (Rico Rodriguez) is getting a love interest! Well, another crush, to be more precise. The show is looking for a very pretty girl (seriously, she must be a knockout because she doesn't talk!) for Manny to attempt to woo in an upcoming episode.
Read more: Spoiler Chat: The Vampire Diaries, Revenge, Glee, New Girl and More! - E! Online