Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Guys I gotta be honest I was very much disappointed with the show and it's getting a 6/10 from me. Overall I can only rank it higher than Iron Fist's first season.

Slow start. Bad ending. Out of the 8 episodes I probably thought 3 episodes were really good. 1 episode was mostly good but had its dragging moments. Slow muddy start in the first 2 episodes. And the ending 2 episodes were bad.

The only 2 I can say I honestly liked out of the quartet of heroes was Daredevil & Jessica Jones. I'm pretty lukewarm on Luke Cage. Not great but not terrible either. Danny Rand however after 2 shows I can honestly say I am not a fan of Finn Jone's take on the character and I doubt I'll tune in for Season 2 of Iron Fist.

Last edited by The Survivor; 08-19-2017 at 04:55 AM
Old 08-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I've yet to watch it, but was there any interesting Jessica&Luke interaction? I miss those two...
Old 08-18-2017, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Their scenes were good. The writers made them count.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
That was pretty much what I expected.

A character driven miniseries that focuses more on the defenders as people and less on action or comic nostalgia. But that's what Netflix Marvel shows have always been.

Gets a 7/10 from me.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way I would describe it so far too.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd probably give it a 6.5/10 tbh. All the plot lines seemed weirdly rushed and kind of convenient for the sake of moving a plot line along? For example, the piano/finding the map, etc. And while sigourney weaver did a great job, the entire hand storyline felt so one dimensional. Also, the ending was bad lol. Like, the pacing of everything was WAYYYYY off.

honestly, jessica jones is by the most compelling defender and character. Close second is Misty though. All the scenes actually worth remembering had one of those two in it.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Jessica was great in this, she definitely has the best one liners and Krysten is a very good actress but I don't find her all that compelling. Matt is still the most compelling to me, Luke is the most likable while Elektra is totally the best badass. lol I love Misty but I have to admit that I wasn't crazy about the writing for her. I don't think they really allowed Simone to shine. Her best moment was in the twist that sets up her story going forward.

For me, Defenders is right up there with DD S2 and LC S1. The first couple of episodes may be a little slow but from episode 3 onward, the action, dynamics and the pacing is on point imo. I loved it.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 08-18-2017 at 08:11 PM
Old 08-18-2017, 08:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Dp
Old 08-19-2017, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

I guess we can all agree no one liked Danny Rand.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

Didn't hate him.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

I couldn't stand his scenes found myself zoning out when was involved. Like I said Jessica and Daredevil were the best things about this show. Made me actually wish the Punisher had been involved with the team up.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honesty, once Jessica came into the universe I realized how boring Matt was Luke had the best dynamics opposite every defender but Jessica is always the one I can watch as a standalone. I liked the writing for Misty a lot in the defenders actually...I just wish she had been in it more?

I ironically did feel the same way about DD S2 and this show, but I didn't like DD S2

EDIT: Totally forgot about Danny. until he gets put opposite to Misty idk him
Old 08-19-2017, 06:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Their scenes were good. The writers made them count.
It was clear there was still something between Luke and Jessica, even though he is with Claire. And I loved Jessica, Matt and Luke.

I found Danny whiny and imature, and I'm not sure if the problem is the writing for the character or the actor. His best moments(and there were very few of them) happend when he talked to Luke. I could see the nod to their comic's friendship, but he is the weakest character of the four heros.

As usual Misty shone and I did warm up to Coleen, and Madame Gao was amazing. I think Foggy didn't appear as much as I would have liked it, and he wasn't given too much interesting material to work with, which is a pity.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

I loved The Defenders! It's a 9/10 for me.

Matthew: As always he delivered to me. His conflict of identities colliding in the best way.

Jessica: She's awesome! Her one liners! Her general reaction and response to truly weird sh** that Danny, Matt and sometimes Luke just don't question.

Luke: I loved his return. His righteousness but it's never in over righteous like Matthew can be sometimes imo. It's always fitting. His balance between his dynamic with Claire, Jessica and Misty. Each interaction fit.

Danny: He didn't irritate me as much as I thought he would and that's saying something. I did forward some of his scenes though especially in the first couple of episodes. His scenes with Luke were funny. Same way Matthew/Jessica just had this banter!

Elektra: LOVED IT! LOVED HER! For some reason I didn't think she'd be as big a feature, so I was ecstatic.

I liked the build up episodes to them meeting. My favorite is when they are at the restaurant. Matthew not wanting to show his identity then revealing himself - great moment. He's the OG. Least favorite episode was oddly the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I've yet to watch it, but was there any interesting Jessica&Luke interaction? I miss those two...
I enjoyed the scenes they had.

I agree about Danny being whiny and immature.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 08-19-2017 at 07:23 AM
Old 08-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

If I were the rank the show this would come fifth. DD2 and Luke Cage although went off the rails in the second half were better then this. Even the good ones had their slow moments.

Last edited by The Survivor; 08-19-2017 at 08:47 AM
Old 08-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

There's been 2 seasons of DD already. JJ and LC however have only had one each. So it was nice to get a little bit more of them in this show. Especially together.

Though I like that Matt's arc with the hand and Elektra has been resolved finally.

Last edited by scififan2009; 08-19-2017 at 08:52 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread