Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Absolute Fan

ughh. i really dont want steve and summer to happen again.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 AM
New Fan

There are two things that I really don't understand:

I don't get why Summer was so freaked out. I mean, I get that she was freaked out cuz she almost had sex or whatever, but I don't understand why all of the sudden Sasha was "a man she couldn't have." It's clear that he understands her point of view and respects her, so why wouldn't she be grateful for that? I'd certainly be happy if a man, who I just pledged my love to, didn't let me get carried away, because he understood me. Plus, Steve just sucks at life.

And Emily. First of all, I'm pretty sure missing a court date does not end you up in jail, it gets you a ticket, and another court summons. But they had to up the drama for the show, I get it. But are we supposed to believe that NO ONE saw the cops come in and NO ONE saw Emily leave? All of the sudden they're all "Where's Emily?" when her name gets called, but I think that someone besides Damon would have noticed the police.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't get why Summer was so freaked out. I mean, I get that she was freaked out cuz she almost had sex or whatever, but I don't understand why all of the sudden Sasha was "a man she couldn't have." It's clear that he understands her point of view and respects her, so why wouldn't she be grateful for that? I'd certainly be happy if a man, who I just pledged my love to, didn't let me get carried away, because he understood me. Plus, Steve just sucks at life.
I guess because Sasha doesn't want to get married. Summer is so ridiculous.

Last edited by BlackHalo; 09-01-2010 at 12:09 PM
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sasha explained to her, though, that he wouldn't mind getting married to the right girl or something. I just remember that was a misunderstanding.

Anyway, this finale sucked. Kaylie's fainting had very little effect after something like Payson's initial injury. The Emily thing was just ridic over dramatic. I'm so sure if she just explained it to either side, that they would have worked something out. Ellen Beals is a total psycho, and people on the National Committee seem to see that, so no way would they approve of her being their coach. Summer is just ... I want her to die. And Lauren - I cannot believe that after ALL the ish she pulled this season, she got the trumpt happy ending, both in gymnastics and in life (for now). WHAT KIND OF LESSON DOES THIS TEACH THE CHILDREN WATCHING?! Do lots of evil things, you'll never got caught or have to take responsibility for them, and you'll get everything you desires in the end!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Edit.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHalo (View Post)
I guess because Sasha doesn't want to get married. Summer is so ridiculous.
Sasha said he was not opposed to marriage, so it made absolutely no sense to me why she was crying about being sexually attracted to him. Basically, the midseason finale was a big pile of dung.

Can't believe Kelly Parker wasn't there and wasn't even mentioned.
Cant' believe that none of the girls spent time with Kaylie after her fall or were particularly rattled by it.
STILL can't believe how Payson got on the team without any tumbling elements at all in her floor routine!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Summer is really starting to bug me as a character, so I don't mind if she ends up with Steve again. Plus, as a Fullhouse fan, it makes sense to me that the actress who played DJ ends up as a part of the Tanner family on MIOBI (coincidence, I think not...)
Old 09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Actually, evaded/missing your court date DOES get you arrested, I'm pretty sure. Even for a traffic court date a warrant can be issued for your arrest.

I think that's why someone in my family is wanted by the police.

I do think the episode was a bit too dramatic, but I will continue watching next run.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, if she just missed it. But Damon's father called in and got something arranged. It wasn't until Mustache Twirling Beals said to teach her a lesson.

Quote:
Summer is really starting to bug me as a character
Starting?! She's been borderline enraging me all this season. She started bugging me the second half of last, when she has no point in being there..
Old 09-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)

Starting?! She's been borderline enraging me all this season. She started bugging me the second half of last, when she has no point in being there..
Well I kind of just ignored her before, but this episode it really struck me how annoying she is. I don't think she works with Sasha at all, and Steve is kind of too old for her. Plus, I don't really care about her religious views (I don't think it fits in well with this type of show...I want the focus to stay on the gymnasts). Her scenes in the church were laughably bad. I kind of just want her to go away.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshock990 (View Post)
There are two things that I really don't understand:

And Emily. First of all, I'm pretty sure missing a court date does not end you up in jail, it gets you a ticket, and another court summons. But they had to up the drama for the show, I get it. But are we supposed to believe that NO ONE saw the cops come in and NO ONE saw Emily leave? All of the sudden they're all "Where's Emily?" when her name gets called, but I think that someone besides Damon would have noticed the police.
i'm not quite sure i understood Summer's reasoning either. I get that her and Sasha are a bit different but it's been shown that he respects her. Maybe she's just worried she can't control herself, but i certainly don't understand the 'man i can't have' comment.. I actually think Summer/Sasha are kind of cute..and i don't think i could sit through Steve/Summer again.

Not a fan at all of Lauren..the amount of times she's done horrible things for her own personal gain..i just don't see her as redeemable. one breakdown, and now it looks like she's gotten everything she wanted (place on the world's team, Summer a part of the family again), it just really bugs me.

Missing court dates definitely don't get you arrested! Guess they had to dramatise the situtation for Emily..

I've been worried about Kaylie..but i really thought that more obvious signs of her starving herself would have been picked up earlier during intense training? I guess they saved the 'drama' for the mid season finale.

Sometimes i love this show..and sometimes..i just don't know what to think of the writing..
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 09-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Good points innocent chick. There is no way that Emily would have been arrested so quickly after missing her court date. Emily coming out in a prison jumpsuit made me roll my eyes because it was so unrealistic.

I also couldn't believe that Kaylie's mom let her daughter perform after she found the discarded bag of food. The minute Austin came to her with his concerns, she should have weighed Kaylie again. The show made it seem like Kaylie's parents were more concerned with winning instead of their daughter's health.

In terms of Lauren, she needs some serious comeuppance during the next half of the season. She should have a pregnancy scare, fall down a flight of stairs etc. I don't really care what happens as long as she doesn't get her way for once. She is a truly awful friend (she has messed with Kaylie, Emily, and Payson when they have done absolutely nothing to her).
Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 AM
New Fan

It's true that Payson, Emily, and Kaylie have technically never done anything to deserve Lauren's evil... except in Lauren's twisted mind of course.

But really her screwing with Payson really upsets me, because Payson has done literally nothing. Kaylie "stole her man" and Emily "stole her spot" blah blah blah... but what did Payson do? I mean, I know it was technically Sasha she was after, but sheesh. I REALLY hope Payson finds out it was Lauren who leaked the photo. I'd love to see her punch her or something.

Lauren used to be my fave, but she's getting old. Really the girls have been boring me a lot this season... I'm finding the adults more interesting, and I'm not sure that's the angle they're going for.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I guess I'm in the minority, but I can totally understand why Summer got so upset. Her faith is a big part of who she is--maybe even the biggest part, and her attracting to Sasha caused her to go against something she believes so strongly in. She never felt like betraying her faith while with steve, and then all of a sudden she has these new feelings that scare him. Oh well, that's just my opinion.

I also loved Austin in the finale. I hope they keep his character on.

vote Jonathan Groff. All the cool kids are doing it.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Spoilers for 2x11 - "The New Normal":
Quote:

We meet Cindy, Emily’s parole officer who raises the possibility of Emily not being able to travel to Denver for the next meet. We hear that the gymnastics world is pushing for the 2018 Olympics to be held in Denver and therefore it’s very important that anyone with standing be at the meet there to show support. Cindy relents, letting Emily go, but on one condition; she has to wear an ankle monitor.

At the meet the Denver club is getting all the spotlight – naturally- it’s their club. Austin says publicly that Denver is a bad gym and it seems to get heard by a lot of people. No idea what, if any, effect this has.

We see Kaylie’s dream, it’s twilight inspired, and a cameo by sasha in it.

We also learn that the team is still coach-less. At least at some point in the episode.

Return of Kelly Parker! And she’s vying for a spot on the world’s team, either Kaylie’s or Emily’s, citing their complications.

Kaylie’s in food rehab with her own food councilor. Her attitude is less than stellar.

We see some quality Austin/Emily time while he’s helping her with a specific move.

We meet Kaylie’s roommate, Maeve, a model. Kaylie also gets a visit from a cute guy(Carter? Austin? Leo?), no idea which guy it is.

We meet Max, the gym star with a love of photography. He’s Austin’s good friend and seems to be kind of flirty with Lauren but then later finds a deeper connection with Payson. He sleeps with someone, not Payson, and confides in Austin about it. He tells Austin he has feelings for someone besides Payson. I should note that he never expressly says this someone else is female.

Looks like a possible relationship with Carter and Kelly Parker now that he’s with the Denver club.

Emily gets humiliated when her ankle bracelet is revealed during her routine, even though Austin comes up with a killer idea to dress the rock girls in leg warmers.
Okay. I'm so happy that Kelly Parker is back because she's really starting to become one of my favourites. I guess, every show does need a bitch. But to me, Lauren is past the bitch territory and is more like a sociopath so she doesn't count.

But. Kelly and Carter? EWWW! What did Kelly ever do to the writers???

I'm glad that they are continuing Kaylie's ED since it would have been ridiculous if she was just miraculously cured.

But my first thought about episode 2x11 is that it sound really busy. And that's worrying considering that was one of the major problems with the midseason finale.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread