Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lost Girl S&S #1: New season. Same Succubus.

LOST GIRL --- Spoilers & Speculations

Quote:
2x01 Synopsis
In the season opener, a nomadic Fae sideshow comes to town looking to take advantage of the chaos that the bombing of the Light Fae headquarters has wrought. Unbeknownst to the general Light Fae populace, The Ash is in a coma, and his bond with the land is weakening – which makes this the perfect time for the travelling circus freaks to steal the most precious thing the Light Fae possess.

The story picks up about three weeks following the events of the Season 1 finale. The Light Fae have been weakened and are still reeling from the attack on the Elders, which was spearheaded by Aife, otherwise known as Bo’s mama. Half of the elders are dead, and The Ash is in a coma (side note, I can’t say it, I have to sing it to the tune of The Smiths’ “Girlfriend in a Coma” – you know you want to sing it with me). Lauren is by The Ash’s side 24/7 because she can’t trust anyone else with him. Dyson is MIA – an animal off licking his wounds – while the rest are left to battle all of the incoming threats. Bo, Hale and Kenzi are on the front lines, while Lauren and Trick are working more behind the scenes. A certain wolf reappears after getting into some trouble, and is just in time to help the rest of the gang battle the latest band of bad fey.
Some random thoughts:

* Bo learns of other fey without an allegiance, and although she’s inclined to like their chutzpah, she realizes that it’s usually not a good thing.
* Bo appears to have more control over her powers. She knows how to use it to heal herself, and how to weaponize it.
* There’s a creepy Wednesday Adams meets the twins from The Shining kid that Bo keeps seeing.
* there is one scene that was totally Buffy/Angel-esque in the best possible way.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting a thread

Haven’t seen the show but heard about it.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:52 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the thread. I'll put this thread under Molly's thread listing to monitor.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Your welcome.

It's a great show.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome that there is a thread for this, I was looking for it.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

thank you!

the synopsis for episode 2 was posted at thetelevixen, but somehow, the link got removed. I do remember the episode is called I Fought The Fae (And The Fae Won).

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh, sweet, LG S&S thread.

Title/Summary for episode 202:

Quote:
2.02 -- I Fought the Fae (And the Fae Won)

The hunt for the new Ash is on. Literally. A traditional Stag Hunt is held, whereby the candidate who successfully tracks and kills the Stag becomes the next Ash. Bo barely takes a passing interest in this ceremony until a surprise visitor with a vested interest in the hunt appears in her front room.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

that's it, thanks xmidnightx

I'm all sorts of intrigued by episode 2 and what it means for the fae world.

ETA... season 2 character bios

Quote:
THE ASH / LACHLAN (Vincent Walsh)
As The new Ash, Lachlan is the leader of the local Light Fae community… smug, sexy,ndangerous, charismatic and a formidable force in his own right. He is a stickler for rules – notnbecause he respects principles of behaviour, but because he’s power-hungry and likes to remind the Light Fae under his control that he’s in charge. He will change the way things are done, and will go out of his way to challenge Bo's independence from Fae society. In fact, the way he seems intent on thwarting Bo will make her wonder just what side he is really on.

THE MORRIGAN (Emmanuelle Vaugier)

The Morrigan is the leader of the local Dark Fae, and feeds off the genius of artists. She leaves talented actors, models and musicians dead in her trail, covering up their true causes of death with excuses like suicides, plane crashes and overdoses. At first, The Morrigan’s manic energy and playfulness seemed charming to Bo, but she soon realized her true selfish, vain and dangerous nature.

HALE (K.C. Collins)

In the human world, Hale is a detective, Dyson’s partner on the force. In the Fae world, he's a handsome male “Siren” - capable of swaying others with his beautiful voice, he’s the eternal bachelor and the ultimate wingman, never afraid to flirt with the ugly girl at the bar so you can go home with her hot friend. A talented cop, Zen and charming, Hale's greatest strength is understanding politics, so he does his best to protect impatient Dyson from getting himself in trouble with their human or Fae bosses. It's an impossible task, at times. Especially once Bo and Kenzi are added into the mix, complicating everything that once seemed straightforward.

TRICK (Rick Howland)
Trick is the mysterious, old owner and bartender of The Dal Riata tavern, a “way station” that serves as neutral territory for the local Fae, and where all traveling Fae must check in and make their allegiances known. Politically savvy, though not politically ambitious, Trick is also a secret confidante and mentor of Dyson's, and personal rock for Bo. Trick himself risked much to protect Bo’s safety, and the consequences of his actions are just starting to present themselves. But Trick is also the guardian of Bo's true origins and he is determined to keep this information from Bo… although whether it is for her sake or his is a question that weighs heavily on him.

LAUREN (Zoie Palmer)
Lauren’s childhood was very different than Bo’s, growing up in an upper middle class household, and she is much more cultured and graceful than the less refined Bo. Lauren is in The Ash’s service working as a scientist, and studies life forms, like Bo, that many humans will never know even exist. Lauren offers her medical knowledge to Bo to help control her hungers and protect her from the Fae punishments. Although their relationship began as a result of Lauren’s hidden motives, Bo has come to rely on Lauren – and Lauren on Bo. When The new Ash’s ways pose serious threats to Lauren’s well-being, Bo is the first to step up and defend Lauren’s honour. But Lauren has more secrets that, when revealed to Bo, will threaten to undermine the solid foundation they have been working together to build.

KENZI (Ksenia Solo)
Kenzi is a con artist and thief, an extremely street-smart girl despite her youth. She is Bo’s main and only true confidante, and her resourcefulness makes her very useful. Using her wide array of contacts, Kenzi can get Bo whatever she needs in virtually any situation. Kenzi’s more savvy and cynical nature makes her very protective of Bo, as Bo can be fooled in ways that Kenzi can’t. Kenzi has had darkness in her past, but unlike Bo, she refuses to dwell on it as Kenzi is a true survivor. Regardless of her past, Kenzi’s future goal is simple: to do whatever she can to protect Bo from a world that will never understand her as well as Kenzi does.

DYSON (Kris Holden-Ried)
Dyson is Bo’s mysterious and sexy Light Fae love interest, and her first lover ever to survive a night with her. He works undercover for his people as a “human” homicide detective, helping to keep the existence of the Fae a secret where he can. A lone wolf at heart, Dyson hated how in love he was with Bo, and resisted it as long as he could. His desire to protect Bo was often at odds with the whims of his Fae superiors, complicating his life and their romantic relationship – until his ultimate sacrifice to ensure Bo’s safety profoundly changed the nature of their relationship. Dyson barely has time to grasp the full impact of his sacrifice when the reappearance of a figure from his past poses a serious challenge to any chance that he and Bo will ever get back together.

BO (Anna Silk)

Bo is a Succubus, a mythological creature who uses sex to feed, heal, and kill. Raised as a human by strict adoptive parents, she was taught that sex of any kind was evil. When Bo’s internal need for sexual energy, or “chi”, became so strong that she gave into her urges at age 17, she was unable to control her power and accidentally killed her first lover. Traumatized, Bo left town, vowing to never succumb to her urges again – until she met the Fae, her ancient, long-warring kin. Fae police detective Dyson and human doctor Lauren helped Bo understand and feed her inborn needs, but control her appetites so that she can live a “normal” life – sparking a love triangle that is about to become even more complex. Rejecting the Fae rule that she choose between the Light and Dark Fae factions, Bo found a steadfast ally in the middle in Kenzi, a human criminal with a good heart and fierce sense of loyalty. Together with Kenzi, Bo uses her supernatural abilities to help Fae and human alike, while still hoping to unravel the continuing mystery of her origins.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]

Last edited by danvers; 08-25-2011 at 01:14 PM
Old 08-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the latest info
Old 08-25-2011, 07:52 PM
MST Manager

Thanks from me too.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love the new character bios.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I so did not know this thread existed.

April
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

I didn't either, but it is a new thread .
and, anyway, it's not like there are loads of spoilers about the show

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

But any little thing that we have should be posted ;(
Old 09-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

On the show's website there's a sneak peek for episode 2 but you have to live in Canada to see it.

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread