Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2016, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

All the new promos look awesome. I think this show has lots of potential because every single character has abilities and it will be very interesting to see all of them interact with each other.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Between that and all the trailers and clips coming out this show looks so promising
Quote:
Im so excited for this show. I have really good feelings. I trying not to set my hopes to high
Agreed with both of you.

ETA:

Quote:
All the new promos look awesome. I think this show has lots of potential because every single character has abilities and it will be very interesting to see all of them interact with each other.
This too!
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Jonah Hex Joins Legends of Tomorrow

Quote:
The possibilities are endless in a show about time-travel, and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” intends to take full advantage of its fantastical premise when The CW’s superhero spinoff series pays a visit to the Old West in the back half of its freshman season, where Variety has learned that our heroes will encounter the iconic DC Comics antihero Jonah Hex.

“Ever since we decided that ‘Legends’ would involve time travel, we were eager to do a story set in the Old West,” says executive producer Marc Guggenheim. “But if you’re going to do a story set in the DC Universe version of the Old West, you simply MUST include Jonah Hex in it. We’re thrilled about bringing another well known, beloved DC character to television.”

Jonah Hex is a bounty hunter who has a deep moral code despite his fearsome, scarred appearance. The character was created in the ’70s by writer John Albano and artist Tony DeZuniga, and was previously portrayed in live-action by Josh Brolin in the eponymous 2010 feature film, which became a box office bomb after grossing only $10.5 million domestically on a budget of $47 million. Hex was also featured in an animated short film, “DC Showcase: Jonah Hex,” directed by Joaquim Dos Santos and written by Joe R. Lansdale, in which he was voiced by Thomas Jane.

Casting for the role has yet to be announced, but he’ll make his debut in episode 11 of “Legends,” with the possibility of recurring.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Man when did Legends start filming? For some reason i thought they started filming around the same time as Arrow and Flash even with the shortened season. Maybe i was wrong. I figured they would be further along then they are currently.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
Man when did Legends start filming? For some reason i thought they started filming around the same time as Arrow and Flash even with the shortened season. Maybe i was wrong. I figured they would be further along then they are currently.
Going off of Twitter, it seems that Episode 1.03 began production October 5, so they likely started filming early to mid September, while Arrow and The Flash seemed to start filming mid July. They likely needed to start later so that Stein could appear on The Flash, and Sara and Ray could appear on Arrow.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/stat...64332969639936

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Old 01-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Some more news/Rory promo:

"Legends of Tomorrow" Extends Premiere Runtime, Releases Heat Wave Character Promo | Comic Book Resources
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

I love that they are doing a storyline in the Old West. Despite reading DC comics I have never read anything about Jonah Hex but it sounds interesting.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the links and new info guys!
Old 01-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I love that they are doing a storyline in the Old West. Despite reading DC comics I have never read anything about Jonah Hex but it sounds interesting.
Agreed, it sounds interesting. I feel like the time travel thing is what's really going to keep this show going more than anything.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's a good thing that these are all mainly B or C level characters. Then add the time traveling aspect. I think iit works in the writers favor. Less expectation of what should happen. The writers will have more freedom and be less retracted by the original source material. It should benefit them.

I'm looking forward to this because I don't know what to expect and in feel they toook the aspects of Arrow and Flash that I love best and put them in one show.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

I was wondering that too (about when Legends started filming) because I know Wentworth and Dom both signed on to do the Prison Break reboot so I'm also wondering when that is going to start filming. Hopefully neither show will conflict with the other.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 01-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
I was wondering that too (about when Legends started filming) because I know Wentworth and Dom both signed on to do the Prison Break reboot so I'm also wondering when that is going to start filming. Hopefully neither show will conflict with the other.
I posted an article about it in the PB thread. I think Wentworth or Dom... One of them stated that they were hoping to start in spring but Fox was taking its cues from legends because it was the priority.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
Loved her on FireFly, hated her on Stargate: Atlantis so this could go either way for me.
Same for me except I loved her on Stargate and was meh about her on FF. We shall see how it goes.

Hmm, I really hope Hawkman isn't just a guest star. I mean with the whole premise being built on their story that would make no sense.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:00 AM
Absolute Fan

I have no idea where this comes from but Im assuming its from LOT and not Arrow:

I don't actually remember seeing this in any of the promos so unless I have just forgotten there must be another clip out there somewhere.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
I have no idea where this comes from but Im assuming its from LOT and not Arrow:

I don't actually remember seeing this in any of the promos so unless I have just forgotten there must be another clip out there somewhere.
This is from the first episode of LOT.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread