Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Is this show any good? I keep going back on forth on whether or not to watch.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 01-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Is this show any good? I keep going back on forth on whether or not to watch.
It's amazing, but also extremely heavy. Especially difficult if you're binging it, cause it can be really gloomy (personally it got a bit traumatic for me at one point). But I'm glad I watched and really looking forward to next season.

I was a bit disappointed that it's not as sci fi as I'd hoped, but the fantastic character writing makes up for it. Also the epic moments are incredible.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

I haven't seen more than a few episodes, but I did enjoy what I saw!

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 01-18-2016, 04:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks. I heard that it was kinda heavy, but really good and the sci-fi picks up in season 2. Might give it a try over the weekend.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 01-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

its way better to binge watch it imo. especially season 1. i got frustrated trying to wait to watch because i wanted faster answers.

i thought season 2 was a lot better. season 1 was hard to follow in parts and i was a little confused but season 2 really answered things.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:08 AM
Addicted Fan

With the heavier shows I prefer the week to week break. And s1 was just so intensely gloomy it was starting to get hard to get through.

But yeah, s2 it gets more sci fi in a creepily interesting way. And the teenagers were a lot less annoying in s2 vs s1, lol.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Leftovers: Damon Lindelof talks about the decision to end the HBO series | EW.com

Quote:
Damon Lindelof explains decision to end The Leftovers

The Leftovers
Posted May 22 2016 — 3:20 PM EDT

Damon Lindelof is looking forward to putting a bow on The Leftovers.

The HBO series is currently filming its third and final season, after Lindelof decided it was time to let the characters play out their narratives one last time.

“I feel like television shows should have beginnings, middles, and ends,” Lindelof said on the red carpet at the Peabody Awards on Saturday in New York. “As we were getting to the end of the second season of the show, it started feeling to all of us that these characters were closer to their end than their beginning, and just the simple laws of mathematics said if they’re closer to their end, then we probably only have one more year to go… And I’ve been monogamous with The Leftovers for the past year and a half, and I’ve never been happier or more focused on the work. But I could probably only do that for one more year and then my mind’s going to start to wander. So I need to feel like there’s an end in sight, and we’ve built this entire family together, but I really thought it would energize the team to say ‘We’re going to do this one last time.’”

In terms of season three, fans can expect a shift in location similar to the one between seasons 1 and 2, but not right away. Last month, EW confirmed that part of the new season will be set in Australia, but Lindelof says the show has been filming in Texas, and that there’s “definitely a little story left to tell there.”

‘Leftovers’ EP Teases ‘Emotional Closure’ In Final Season
Quote:
‘Leftovers’ EP Teases ‘Emotional Closure’ In Final Season
BY NICOLE MASSABROOK @NKMASS ON 05/22/16

The end is near for “The Leftovers.” The HBO drama is headed into its final season, and fans are, of course, hoping for answers. The writers knew the show was coming to a close while they were writing Season 3, but that doesn’t necessarily mean every question is going to be answered.

At the Peabody Awards in New York on Saturday, executive producer Tom Perotta said fans shouldn’t expect a sudden explanation for existence. “We’ve been very clear. We don’t explain — the mystery of existence is just something human beings are just stuck with,” Perotta told International Business Times.

Answers aren’t the only way to end the series, though. “But I think there will be some emotional closure for some of our characters, which is all we can hope for,” he said. That producer didn't drop any hints about who that “some of” refers to.

Perotta, who wrote the book on which the drama is based, added that knowing it was the final season didn’t make it any easier to write “The Leftovers” Season 3. Executive producer Mimi Leder partially agreed with him.

“I think it does make it easier because we know what the end is,” Leder told IBT on the Peabody Awards red carpet. “It doesn’t make it easier in terms of creatively just trying to tell the story and not get ahead of ourselves. And also, it’s very emotional to finish something. You want to tell it as if it’s absolutely pure. Do you know what I’m trying to say? It’s like, when you know something’s ending, and you love it so much and you want it to be so good. So I try and back off of that and just go from moment to moment, as do the characters.”

HBO has not yet announced a premiere date for “The Leftovers” Season 3. The Peabody Awards air Monday, June 6, at 8 p.m. EDT on Pivot.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:48 AM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the article, Christine!

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the spoilers!
Old 05-25-2016, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:03 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for being here with us at Spoilers.