Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 AM
New Fan

Wait...so if they bring JLH back will she be the SAME character or a different one? Because I don't think she guest starred long enough ago for it to be not strange seeing her again, but her character wouldn't just suddenly be able to be a detective.

Don't know how I feel about this.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spice (View Post)
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSS!!!!

From: Mariska Hargitay Inks New Law & Order: SVU Deal, May Pass Baton to Jennifer Love Hewitt - TVLine

Law & Order: SVU Scoop: Hargitay Inks New Deal, Jennifer Love Hewitt May Succeed Her

Just in time for NBC’s upfront presentation on Monday, Law & Order:SVU star Mariska Hargitay has closed a new deal to return for its upcoming 13th season — but there’s a catch.

Around midseason, Hargitay’s Olivia Benson will pass the baton on to a new female detective — possibly played by Jennifer Love Hewitt. Meanwhile, SVU‘s leading man Christopher Meloni still has no deal for next season.

Going into the contract negotiations, Hargitay had asked to scale back her workload on the show. The producers granted her request, reducing her hours but keeping her salary roughly the same at $385,000 an episode. For the first 13 episodes, Hargitay’s character will continue to solve sex crimes alongside Elliot Stabler, pending Meloni closing his deal. Then Benson will be promoted to a supervisor position, with a new female detective taking her place. That is the role that producers are eying for Hewitt, who, ironically, guest-starred on SVU last fall as a rape victim.

As for Meloni, whose current salary is the same as Hargitay’s, I hear the actor is seeking a raise. Talks with NBC, however, are moving slowly, so it doesn’t look like he will have a deal before NBC’s upfront. The last time Hargitay and Meloni’s contracts were up two years ago they didn’t sign new pacts until the end of June.

Um...I dunno. I may keep watching for MH, but if CM doesn't come back... I dunno. I watch it for their partnership and chemistry.

Nothing yet as to who is going to die. At this point...who am I kidding? I'll keep looking. Anyone want to place bets? I'm guessing Munch or Cragen.

BTW, Ice-T has a new reality show. Looks cute, but I avoid reality TV like the plague.

YouTube - Ice Love Coco Season 1
Wow! I had no idea - I can't believe this, while I love JLH it won't be the same unless Olivia is Elliot's partner....
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 05-15-2011, 11:27 AM
New Fan

It's offically renewed, same timeslot!!!

TVLINE | With the news that you’re considering bringing in an actress — perhaps Jennifer Love Hewitt — to replace Mariska Hargitay halfway through Law & Order: SVU next season, is this confirmation that you believe there’s life in this show beyond Mariska and Chris Meloni?
I do believe that. Although, to clarify, this isn’t to replace Mariska. The idea is that we want to bring in somebody midway through the season alongside Mariska and Chris. Mariska’s deal is closed for [a 13th] season, so she’s not disappearing. Creatively, I think it will give [Benson] some competition, which I think will be interesting. And then we have to look at what a 14th season might require. Mariska just adopted a child. We don’t know yet if she wants to do the show for a Season 14, and we’re looking at options. Jennifer Love is somebody who we’ve been circling, but I don’t know that that is going to happen at all.

TVLINE | The word “replacement” was used because the new character would be introduced as Meloni’s new partner as Hargitay’s character moved into more of a supervisory role.
That creatively is the thinking. New showrunner Warren Leight is in the process of figuring all of that out. We’re trying to change it up and see if some new configurations could keet the show going for several more years.

TVLINE | Meloni’s deal for Season 13 isn’t done yet. Are you concerned?
I think we’re gonna be in pretty great shape with Chris.

source: tvline
Old 05-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this! ^^^
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 05-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Well this is interesting... Supervisor?? What does that mean exactly? They don't have supervisors on SVU...

I wonder how closely Elliot and Olivia will work with this "replacement" character in play too? Will be quite an adjustment to see them not working quite so closely together anymore.

Curious... Er yeah that's all I can say really atm.

I'm guessing it'll be quite hard to adjust to not seeing so much of El and Liv working together all the time and then possibly not at all in S14. I just hope they don't kill Olivia off if she is gonna leave coz then she can still come back from time to time and work with the team again somehow! And in the meantime we'll still have 13 seasons to reminisce over!!

But we have to respect the actors decision's and if Mariska wants to spend more time with her family then of course she is more than entitled to do so.

JLH... Hmm... I think maybe it should be someone less well known. Also I can't see JLH being a tough cop in the SVU like Olivia is. We'll have to wait and see won't we.

Well I guess it's good to have a heads up at least that our much beloved Benson and Stabler partnership might end and a little idea of how/why.

Watch this space...
My ships : "Kitty"/Richard, David/Snow, Lois/Clark, Danny/Lindsay. : Nate/Tori, Neal/Sara, Robert/Kitty & Matt/Dani. : Nate/Tori, Teddy/Henry, Cole/Phoebe, Tom/Lynette (S8), Addie/Pete, Olivia/Brian, Paul/Izzy, Charlie/Angelo, Jess/Danny, Nick/Amanda, Matt/Lauren.
My shows: DesperateHousewives, C(K)astle, Brothers&Sisters, 9-1-1, TheMentalist!!!

Last edited by PAL Awesomeness!!!; 05-16-2011 at 02:22 PM
Old 05-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Ugh this news makes my stomach hurt. I understand Mariska's reasoning but I just to see that dynamic gone.

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

Old 05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

They couldn't have picked someone else? I really don't have any faith in Jennifer Love Hewitt...
Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
They couldn't have picked someone else? I really don't have any faith in Jennifer Love Hewitt...
Umm me either. It's no offence to her but I just know her too well as Melinda Gordon from Ghost Whisperer and she sure as anything aint no police officer/detective etc. I don't just mean it because of GW though - JLH is quite petite isn't she and she's quite quiet and just small and none of the things you'd associate with being a police officer let alone in the SVU. Like I just can't imagine JLH being tough and doing any of those sorts of scenes like in the interrogation room etc. I just can't. But it's not completely set in stone yet is it? We'll just have to wait and see.

But like I said previously it was gonna be hard to adjust to seeing Elliot with a new partner anyway and to build up that relationship, trust, chemistry, rapport and comradery etc. like he has with Olivia so why not have JLH. I mean at least she's well known right. And I do like her!

Still don't know what they mean by promoting Olivia to supervisor though. I want them to have a big fairwell party for Liv if Mariska is gonna leave. I mean she deserves it right? But if she's not been working so closely with Elliot and the team for a little while before hand it'll just have a different feel to it won't it? Hmm...

Quote:
Ugh this news makes my stomach hurt.
Yeah if you couldn't already tell I'm a little worried about it too.
Quote:
I understand Mariska's reasoning but I just to see that dynamic gone.
No I really don't want to either. I doubt anyone does.
My ships : "Kitty"/Richard, David/Snow, Lois/Clark, Danny/Lindsay. : Nate/Tori, Neal/Sara, Robert/Kitty & Matt/Dani. : Nate/Tori, Teddy/Henry, Cole/Phoebe, Tom/Lynette (S8), Addie/Pete, Olivia/Brian, Paul/Izzy, Charlie/Angelo, Jess/Danny, Nick/Amanda, Matt/Lauren.
My shows: DesperateHousewives, C(K)astle, Brothers&Sisters, 9-1-1, TheMentalist!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think JLH can pull off the cop thing, but I'm worried about Benson and Stabler not working together
Well, at least they're both still in the show. I just hope the storylines are character dynamics are handled with care...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 05-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really don't think she can. She can do the worried, batting eye-lashes, crying thing, but I don't think she can pull off SVU cop. I don't think she's a good actress.

Well, if they cast her, we'll see.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Loyal Fan

So I found an online definition of supervisor: The position of a supervisor is typically known as the first step of being promoted to manager. An employee can be considered as a supervisor if he has the powers of, Giving instructions and orders to his juniors and subordinates, he can also be held answerable for the work and proceedings of the employees that work under him. The supervisor is also eligible to hand and out disciplining punishments to the employees that work under him. He also has a team of junior employees working under him.

- So Liv's gonna be in charge of Elliot, Fin and John then looks like. Well I'm not guessing that's gonna be much fun - disciplining etc. And they'll be feeding back to her and stuff. Yeah now I'm liking this idea even less.

Also I think it'd be interesting if Elliot had a male partner after Olivia, if let's not forget she is indeed not gonna be around for S14. It's still if remember. Although if from S14 onwards Olivia was only in the show as the supervisor then it'd just get really awkward wouldn't it and kinda boring maybe - not seeing her out solving all the time and just not Olivia you know? I mean she's Olivia Benson, SVU Detective not Olivia Benson, SVU Supervisor right? Plus I think it'd be interesting to see El being partenered with a guy again after so long of being partnered with Olivia. Also you know it'd solve the whole JLH or some other new actress problem because you'd have less comparissons between Olivia and some new guy than Olivia and some new girl. Don't you think?

Quote:
I just hope the storylines are character dynamics are handled with care...
Yeah like their working relationships and stuff right? Me too. Maybe there might be a promotion that all 4 of the Detectives can go for but Liv's the one who get's it?? That way Elliot and Co. wouldn't be so resentful when Olivia got promoted above them. Not of her but just of the position she has above them now. Anyway I think I'm over thinking. It's only because though these 2 are so great together just the way they are and I don't want anything to spoil that.

Quote:
I don't think she's a good actress.
Oh I do but yeah just not for this role. Yeah we'll have to wait and see.

I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. Elliot and Olivia have been partners for too long and been through too much together to not have a decent satisfactory ending. Ooh talking about it like that makes me kinda excited! I'm sure it'll all be fine and they'll have a nice, good/lovely/cute goodbye like you'd expect them to have! They'll have a nice hug and say some cute things and maybe even a little kiss on the cheek each, cute! Then we'll see a whole new chapter with Elliot and the team!

Last edited by PAL Awesomeness!!!; 05-18-2011 at 03:16 PM
Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL Awesomeness!!! (View Post)
- So Liv's gonna be in charge of Elliot, Fin and John then looks like. Well I'm not guessing that's gonna be much fun - disciplining etc. And they'll be feeding back to her and stuff. Yeah now I'm liking this idea even less.
Actually, I think it's going to be a LOT of fun for her.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's FINALE NIGHT, everybody! Who's gonna die?!?! Place your bets!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

THEY KILLED SISTER PEG!!! WTF?!?! Didn't see that coming...
Old 05-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, that was unexpeced. I actually thought it would be someone from the main cast.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread