Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Maybe I missed it, but did they announce a premiere date at CC?
I don't think so. I just see it being said it's coming in 2018, but no definite date.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ okay, thanks for that.

With ‘Game of Thrones’ Leaving, ‘Krypton’ Lands in Northern Ireland | Variety
Quote:
Syfy’s Superman prequel series “Krypton” will be shot in Northern Ireland at the recently minted Belfast Harbour Studios, a coup for the local industry as the end of “Game of Thrones” comes into sight.

The new £20 million ($25.8 million) Belfast studio was announced at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and will be the base for “Krypton,” which takes up the Superman story two generations before the Man of Steel’s home planet is destroyed.

It will follow the superhero’s grandfather, played by Cameron Cuffe (“The Halcyon”), as he fights to redeem the family’s honor and save Krypton. “Game of Thrones” actor Ian McElhinney will also appear. Phantom Four and Warner Horizon are producing. Pre-production starts this month, and shooting gets underway late summer.

Northern Ireland is a major base for “Game of Thrones” and helped put the region on the map for filming production.

“Welcoming our first tenant to Belfast Harbour Studios is very exciting for us,” said David Dobbin, chairman of Belfast Harbour. “Working with NI Screen and hosting visits from many production companies has shown there is a need for a facility like this.”

Richard Williams, CEO of Northern Ireland Screen, added: “Securing ‘Krytpon’ is a real coup for us and cements our position as a world-class filming location with a local and highly skilled crew-base with vast experience. The construction of the new studios by Belfast Harbour has added tremendous value to our overall proposition.”

Williams told Variety last year that Belfast Harbour was built in the knowledge that “Game of Thrones” was coming to an end. “I’m hugely excited about the period after ‘Game of Thrones,’ where we have a level of stage capacity such that there really isn’t a project we couldn’t facilitate,” he said.

“Krypton” is one of two big-ticket original series greenlit by cable network Syfy earlier this year by Chris McCumber, the NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment president of entertainment networks who oversees both Syfy and USA. The series was written by David S. Goyer (“The Dark Knight”) and Damian Kindler (“Stargate SG-1”).

Old 09-03-2017, 05:02 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:04 AM
Passionate Fan

interesting that they're shooting in Belfast and not somewhere like Vancouver or Toronto like a lot of Syfy shows.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Krypton as we've never really seen it on TV in great detail before only a few scenes.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

The new filming location is an interesting choice.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘Krypton’: Shaun Sipos To Play Adam Strange In Syfy Superman Prequel | Deadline

Quote:
‘Krypton’: Shaun Sipos To Play Adam Strange In Syfy Superman Prequel Series

EXCLUSIVE: Melrose Place and The Vampire Diaries alum Shaun Sipos is set for the series regular role of Adam Strange in Syfy’s Superman prequel Krypton.

Based on DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Krypton is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet. It follows Superman’s grandfather (Cameron Cuffe) — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos. Sipos’ Adam Strange is a world-weary human, who finds himself stranded on Krypton as the unlikely mentor to Seg-El, Superman’s grandfather.

Adam Strange was among several popular DC Comics characters announced at Comic-Con as upcoming additions to Krypton.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice promo.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Old 12-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the promo. It looks good.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Old 12-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Possibly?! What a tease.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Yeah.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the teaser videos. Looking forward to reading cast interviews and previews. Hopefully soonish.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

It's almost 2018. We should know more a month before the show actually premieres.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:59 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the promos too.

Thanks.