Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 12:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the TVTome info, Lisa [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Unchallenged on the "We Hate Iris" club. Y'know, if this girl turns out to be a major... pain... may I also join in the club? Which is really a personal irony on my part...

But yo, they already have a perfect triangle! You can't get more complicated when you have Adam/Joan/God! And no, I don't mean romantic wise (though adding in CuteBoyG would spice it up a bit)... but well, we've already seen a fine example of the triangle causing conflict:

Should I bring up the episode "The Devil Made Me do it"? Or even "The Uncertainty Principle"?

In those two episodes, Joan was caught in the middle between doing good by Adam or by God. Thus my own reasonings for calling it a "triangle". Up to your own discretion to give it a specific term like "romantic triangle"... which it isn't!

I'm sure the writers have enough creativity to just branch out in that direction than bringing in a new character ploy... unless that's what they want. To create a more easier, understandable, trivial triangle... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Unless that is what they want and that "trivial triangle" that is just a mere facade in itself... a curtain to hide the true "wizard" (so to speak). Bringing in a new girl to distract us while they subtly sneak in a new element without us even knowing.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Okay, I'm speculating too much to the point of coming up w/ conspiracy theories! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Dayum, I must really be stupid for this show...

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I know the truth! 'Iris' is really just a figment of our imagination. We created her because we love seeing our favorite characters, Adam and 'Jane', struggling for the sake of true love. The more obstacles in the way, the stronger and more beautiful the relationship will be. Relax, guys! It's all in our heads. Iris is just this persona that doesn't even exist!

Yeah, it's late and I'm psycho!
Old 01-25-2004, 02:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Terpsichore:
<STRONG>I know the truth! 'Iris' is really just a figment of our imagination. We created her because we love seeing our favorite characters, Adam and 'Jane', struggling for the sake of true love. The more obstacles in the way, the stronger and more beautiful the relationship will be. Relax, guys! It's all in our heads. Iris is just this persona that doesn't even exist!

Yeah, it's late and I'm psycho!</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Well... in that case... I say not only bring "Iris" on, but let's also throw in the season cliffhanger where just as Joan sadly watches Adam walking hand-in-hand w/ Iris off into the sunset, a young man, that looks suspiciously like CBG, walks up to her, asks why she looks so sad and introduces himself to Joan as "Chris".... and though Joan thinks that that it's really CBG playin a joke on her, she (and we) look beyond this "Chris" guy and see little girl (God) wave a "Hello" at Joan.

Now wouldn't that be a cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

If that happens, I think I can handle the Iris/Adam scenes a wee bit better [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Sweetwater-You're so in the club. And if we are making Iris up, I say we take a pill to forget about her.

Terpsichore-I agree and I love your avi. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nab:
<STRONG>And if we are making Iris up, I say we take a pill to forget about her.

</STRONG>
Can I have a couple w/o overdosing to make this thing indefinte? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Y'know, all this somewhat "negative" talk against Iris might just bite me in the butt... like the whole Ramsey thing... I hope not, but I just have to be careful...

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-26-2004, 09:30 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal
Well... in that case... I say not only bring "Iris" on, but let's also throw in the season cliffhanger where just as Joan sadly watches Adam walking hand-in-hand w/ Iris off into the sunset, a young man, that looks suspiciously like CBG, walks up to her, asks why she looks so sad and introduces himself to Joan as "Chris".... and though Joan thinks that that it's really CBG playin a joke on her, she (and we) look beyond this "Chris" guy and see little girl (God) wave a "Hello" at Joan.
My goodness - that would be killer - I would shreek - and I am not a shreeker. It could happen too. They never did address the issue of whether or not God assumes the form of a person who already exist or creates a new person.

Angel to Wes after shooting Knox:
Were you even listening?
Old 01-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal:
<STRONG>

Can I have a couple w/o overdosing to make this thing indefinte? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Y'know, all this somewhat "negative" talk against Iris might just bite me in the butt... like the whole Ramsey thing... I hope not, but I just have to be careful...</STRONG>
Yes, yes you may.

I think we have a little cause to worry. Ramsey was only in one episode, while Iris will be in at least three.

We just have to remember to take things as they come. Besides, Amber herself has called Chris' character her love interest. That has to mean that in the end, it'll be all about Adam and Joan. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neany:
<STRONG>

My goodness - that would be killer - I would shreek - and I am not a shreeker. It could happen too. They never did address the issue of whether or not God assumes the form of a person who already exist or creates a new person.</STRONG>
I think that God either makes new forms for him to use or he uses the looks of people that have passed. But, something tells me He makes people to use. Because, didn't He tell Joan that the Cuteboy form always turns heads in the third episode? That makes me believe that he just makes new forms to use every now and then and that he's been using Cuteboy form for a few years, even before he started talking to Joan.

Old 01-26-2004, 04:48 PM
New Fan

Well Nab I think that you are probably right that He makes new forms - but a girl can dream. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

It would be very nice to find out that part of God's plan is to make Adam and Jane appreciate each other more through keeping them apart.

It seems to me as though God does want them to be together (per the comment about inviting Adam to the party in the liquor store) but He had to know that Adam was watching Joan dance with him at the party and that it would hurt Adam because he had been asking Joan all night.

Well now I am just rambling....

Angel to Wes after shooting Knox:
Were you even listening?
Old 01-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neany:
<STRONG>Well Nab I think that you are probably right that He makes new forms - but a girl can dream. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

It would be very nice to find out that part of God's plan is to make Adam and Jane appreciate each other more through keeping them apart.

It seems to me as though God does want them to be together (per the comment about inviting Adam to the party in the liquor store) but He had to know that Adam was watching Joan dance with him at the party and that it would hurt Adam because he had been asking Joan all night.

Well now I am just rambling....</STRONG>
I think God is a J/A 'shipper, but he's trying to make them stronger people that will better fit together.

I also think He danced with Joan to make her have to talk to Adam, to tell him that she wasn't ready to date. If she hadn't Adam may have gotten mad and ended up never talking to her again. See, God was helping, in a very twisted God way.

Old 01-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
And it's likely that it will never be clear why God picked Joan to do his (or her) work.
No! I want to know why she was picked [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

Iris intrigues me. Maybe she'll be someone I can ship Adam with. Or Joan even. Hm. I think it could swing either way, she could be very likeable, or not at all. Bah, damn you vague spoilers!
Old 01-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nab:
<STRONG>

See, God was helping, in a very twisted God way.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's God... I firmly believe that God is all about twists and being vague and anything resembling something just to frustrate/confuse the heck out of anyone... in this case, Joan. If that makes sense! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Okay, looks like I have to do some "research" as to this whole "God & his/her forms" thing. Dig up the basic rules/concept (like BHall's 10 commandments) so that I can find loopholes and better further speculate as to the Almighty of Whatever's sense of purpose towards Joan. If that also made sense [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Like, for example, okay He/She does not posses bodies, right? He/She creates forms... but what of the forms? Like Nab said, are they of people that already passed, are they forms that is only used for God's purpose, or are they of people yet to be... thoughts like that just boggle my mind and make me want to watch this show just to find the truth (at least the truth according to JoA & BHall!)

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally updated. If I missed anything, for the love of God (eeee!) let me know so I can add it.

Obviously there's nothing new in there for the people that have been following this thread faitfully since the last update. But now it's all organized so prettily in one location.

But like I said before I could have missed something. Hope I didn't.

Oddly, JoA.com has the episodes listed now (with no information other than the title...also no airdates) -- but in this order:
SOG
NWS
TTB
NBG

Confusion.
-[-*colormist*-]-

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited ColorMist ]
Old 01-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the update ColorMist. Yeah, apparently Tv tome changed the order too, it's listed as it is on Joa.com, which is SOG, NWS, TTB, NBG...which would make sense considering that Iris doesn't get introduced until NWS so her randomly showing up in NBG was weird. Oh well, perhaps by the time the episode airs we'll know what's happening. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I suppose that makes more sense. All this episode # stuff confuses me and why they release them in that order is beyond me...

Just wanted to post another thing that's confusing me, this is from No Bad Guy

Quote:
INT. ARCADIA HIGH SCHOOL - HALLWAY - DAY
Joan, still on crutches, makes her way down the hall.

ADAM'S VOICE: Jane!

He catches up to her, puts his hand on her arm.

ADAM: There's something you should know.

JOAN: You're all about Baby Voice. I get it. I swear on my honor to tolerate it, but only for you.

ADAM: No, the act of revenge. It's big.
Baby Voice??? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited ~ Chickie ~ ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread