Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Finally updated the comp. Chickie, if there's anything in your posts for NBG that you want me to edit or fix up, lemme know as I just strung them together.

Everyone, the titles that weren't used were put at the bottom of the comp in the event that we use them later.
-[-*colormist*-]-
Old 01-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the updates Color Mist! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmm...as for the question of who will end up finding out about Joan and her special connection to the universe. I'll hedge my bets with Luke and Grace. God did speak to Joan about Adam with Luke standing right next to Joan and Luke was pretty baffled. And if Grace found out, well I don't think it would phase her all that much. She'd probably just shrug. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I don't care for the Iris character being introduced, but I can see where that's headed. And yeah, it would do both Adam and Joan some good and heck maybe it will even be a wake up call for Joan. Ah well, I guess we'll all just have to keep speculating away! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Harry/Ginny
Hermione/Ron
Old 01-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm with you guys, I think that'll be like the season finale...someone finding out.

I mean, in No Bad Guy she's already sort of admitting it to Alice...it's gotta come out at some point! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And also regarding that episode and Iris. I'm utterly confused as to the placement of it. Because I'm going back through the script and when Joan first freaks out about her poster being up in the hallway, Adam and Grace are there...but so is Iris.

So maybe the numbering is weird or they'll show these out of order...I don't know. Blah.

Colormist, looks good. Although I don't know if you'd really want my CrazyShipperSpec in there [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 02:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Colormist, thanks for the updates, yo. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by iowahawx:
<STRONG>

I was thinking this, too. I'd love to see CM get the chance to act angry and not in a sad way. But keeping in the back of my mind that maybe they'd have him pick Iris over Joan. Now that would be heart-breaking.</STRONG>
Yes that would be heart-breaking! But can you imagine the incredible acting that scene would display? Chris's Adam can just break our hearts when he uttered two simple words "Whatever, Joan."... so just think of his body language as he faces Joan and tells her that he's siding w/ Iris and not her! Even though it might be w/ some conviction, his eyes (his body, his heart) will betray his "words". I have that much faith in Chris's acting skills to know that not only would he break Joan's heart (as well as mine's), but extremely proud of how he did it.

Oh! And don't get me started on Joan's reaction if Adam were to make that choice. Amber is the female equivalent of Chris. I firmly believe that. *nods*

More speculating: Okay, Russ T appearing aside, which FYI I think it's mad sweet yo, I wouldn't mind having Dean Stockwell guest star as well. I mean, he's Amber's godfather for CBgawd's sake (at least according to various sources)! I love this man! And who better than "Al" to give Joan "assignments/advice" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Or... maybe as Joan's grandfather? On Will or Helen's side? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Okay, more like Will's side... but that would be really cool!

Think of the storylines! Especially since they've sorta set it up. Remember CBG's first speech to Joan? About her dad and him having a rough childhood? As predictable as it could be, it would be great to have have this father-son conflict between Will & his dad... and in a way, it'll also reflect between Will & either Kevin or Luke or both.

And as far as people finding out Joan's secret... yeah, as I've mentioned before, Grace would be a good choice... or Luke, or Kevin, or Adam... *ponders*

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal:
<STRONG>More speculating: Okay, Russ T appearing aside, which FYI I think it's mad sweet yo, I wouldn't mind having Dean Stockwell guest star as well. I mean, he's Amber's godfather for CBgawd's sake (at least according to various sources)! I love this man! And who better than "Al" to give Joan "assignments/advice" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Or... maybe as Joan's grandfather? On Will or Helen's side? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Okay, more like Will's side... but that would be really cool!

Think of the storylines! Especially since they've sorta set it up. Remember CBG's first speech to Joan? About her dad and him having a rough childhood? As predictable as it could be, it would be great to have have this father-son conflict between Will & his dad... and in a way, it'll also reflect between Will & either Kevin or Luke or both.</STRONG>
Definitely. I would sooo love to see Dean Stockwell on there.

That whole angle of Will needs to be explored. I'm so going to love his scenes with Luke in Ties That Bind.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with alot of you about Luke and Grace finding out about Joan talking to God. That would be great. As for the whole Joan, Adam, and Iris thing. I think that would be a great idea for Adam to have to choose agaisnt between them. I just hope it will be Joan cause we all know that they belong together, but it would give a good twist if he were to pick Iris than the next season maybe Joan will get someone in her life and Adam will be the one jealous and know that he made a horrible mistake.
My LJ
Old 01-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Latest revisions, Full Blue version of the script for No Bad Guy:

They rewrote the part of Angela's diary that Iris read. In the previous version Iris was aware that she picked up the part where Angela's mom had cancer. Now Iris reads the part where Angela talks about her own breasts and changes her tone when she gets to the cancer part.

(Side note: and I really wanted to hate Iris for that. Oh well.)

They rewrote the part where Alice talks to Joan about God. Alice also admits to Joan that God sort of instructs her to do things, she doesn't always understand them but she does them. Joan still doesn't confess that God talks to her and she sees him.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the update ~Chickie~. Very interesting. Damn, I really wanted to hate Iris too. Oh well, maybe she'll do something horrible and then I can justify my hate for her [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So Joan now knows that she is not the only one who God talks to. Unless Alice meant that regarding her religious beliefs. This makes me really believe that the finale will end with Joan telling somebody, she's talked about God with Luke, almost told Adam, told Rocky somewhat, and now Alice. Hopefully they won't be evil and do a cliff-hanger, and then we will have to wait to find out what happens next season. Okay, I believe I have rambled on enough. Thanks again Chickie!!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I think it's just because of Alice's religious beliefs/experience because Joan asks her if she's ever seen God and she says no. And when Alice asks her the same question, Joan doesn't answer.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Ah okay, makes more sense now, thanks for the clarification on that Chickie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] In case this wasn't mentioned, you rock!
Old 01-23-2004, 02:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>
(Side note: and I really wanted to hate Iris for that. Oh well.)

</STRONG>
I just really really hope that if TPTB want us to like Iris... they have to give us a very very good reason to like her. I mean, there's a fine line between feeling for this person (compassion, pity, etc) and actually liking this person... also tolerating this person... well, there's fine lines everywhere and I'm walking personally on them until I can actually judge it w/ my own eyes.

On that note: If they come to a point where they have Adam choosing between Joan and Iris... and they break our hearts and have him choose Iris, TPTB better have a good reason for us to tolerate (much less like) this decision. I pretty much trust Adam... but Iris is yet another story for now.

And if they go this route just to bring in another character for Joan to "fall for"... I'm giving this dude the same shot I'm giving Iris. No matter how cute... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] *pictures a possible Kris Lemche look-alike*

Chickie, if I haven't mentioned this before, you're so totally awesome, yo! And I can't help but smile every time I see your "Salem cereal killer" avie [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Dp-ing to bring this...

Okay, here's this Mercury News article on JoA God personas. And here's a little spoiler type thing they mentioend:

Quote:
Hall and her writers have the rest of the season planned out -- although she wasn't willing to share. One thing that probably won't happen: Joan confiding to someone about her little chats with God. And it's likely that it will never be clear why God picked Joan to do his (or her) work.
So... I guess that may mean that Joan will carry this "burden" alone for a while... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] But we can still speculate, yo [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Speculation is goooood. Thanks for posting that article!

And thanks for the props on the icon [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

yes, speculation is good and fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. That's not to say it will never happen, but probably later in the series. I'm still thinking Luke will probably figure it out. Oh well. Two weeks till an all new Joan [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
Old 01-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was probably too easy to think Joan would have a friend in on the secret this season. Oh well, I'm sure it will happen..eventually!

The show is successful and is coming back, so there is always next year LOL!

I wish we had a greater plan of what God is up to with Joan. But then it takes the mystery if we knew what God's angle was...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread