Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 06:49 PM
ORF
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Slayerfan714:
<STRONG>

As for the two martyrd virgins I don't think they would go that far, and it was rumored that Joan of Arc did have a lover, but that's going into other territory.</STRONG>

A little OT but Joan of Arc was a virgin, she did not have a lover. It is believed in Christianity that innocence, virginity = a closeness to God that you can lose when you lose your innocence or virginity. It was rumoured that Joan was actually raped towards the end of her imprisonment to take away her virginity and thus her closeness to God. Probably done because they wanted God to stop talking to her as well as a form of torture.

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 02-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>From tonight:

</STRONG>
Seems like Helen is a A/J shipper?. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Ok so I have a question I know Christopher Marquette was made a main cast member but he didn't show up in the begining credits on tonights eppy so is he gonna show up in them next week or do you think they are gonna wait until next season to do it because it's just saying he is a "special guest star" still unless that makes him a cast member I don't know????
"Because Felicity has allowed him to get in touch with pieces of his personality and his character that he thought were long gone. And even better, new pieces he never knew were there. So she makes him a better person, and thus he loves her."-Stephen Amell on why Oliver loves Felicity
Olicity
-Maria (icon by me)
Old 02-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

From tvtome.com

Requiem of a third grade ashtray:

Will and Toni witness a carjacking. Giving chase, they pull him over on the freeway. They discover that the carjacker – an average guy, with three kids to feed – has unwittingly kidnapped a pregnant woman who is about to give birth. Also, KEVIN believes he might be recovering some sensation in his hip and gets some electromyography (a nerve conduction) test done. Also, Joan visits a coffee house and art show.

Lisa
Old 02-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PunksWorldWide:
<STRONG>Ok so I have a question I know Christopher Marquette was made a main cast member but he didn't show up in the begining credits on tonights eppy so is he gonna show up in them next week or do you think they are gonna wait until next season to do it because it's just saying he is a "special guest star" still unless that makes him a cast member I don't know????</STRONG>
I think they might wait until next week, since the making of him a regular just happened this week.

Old 02-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

From tvguide.com

of Arcadia
Double Dutch
60 mins.

Joan jumps into the pastime of double dutch and befriends a 16-year-old girl who has fallen on hard times; Helen wounds Adam's ego with her constructive critique of his art project; Kevin is assigned to interview an attractive musical therapist who works with autistic children. Also, before Will gets taken off desk duty and put back on the street his therapist strongly suggests that he participate in Bring Your Kids to Work Day

Lisa
Old 02-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by guerinschick:
<STRONG>From tvguide.com

of Arcadia
Double Dutch
60 mins.

Joan jumps into the pastime of double dutch and befriends a 16-year-old girl who has fallen on hard times; Helen wounds Adam's ego with her constructive critique of his art project; Kevin is assigned to interview an attractive musical therapist who works with autistic children. Also, before Will gets taken off desk duty and put back on the street his therapist strongly suggests that he participate in Bring Your Kids to Work Day

Lisa</STRONG>
Take your kids to work day? I hope he does, I could see some funny in that.

Old 02-14-2004, 01:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Chickie, thanks for the script. It is completely obvious that Helen ships A/J. *nods*

Quote:
Originally posted by guerinschick:
<STRONG> Also, before Will gets taken off desk duty and put back on the street his therapist strongly suggests that he participate in Bring Your Kids to Work Day

Lisa</STRONG>

Thanks Lisa for the info [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That sure sounds interesting... wonder which lucky Giradi offspring he'll take? It's gotta be Luke b/c... well, Joan and Kevin are kinda busy. And I'm hoping that it's Luke b/c we haven't had any Luke/Will scenes. Anyone else noticed that?

ORF, thanks for clearing that up! My CBGawd... that rumor makes me wonder though. Wouldn't it be a complete crisis of faith on Joan's part if something extremely bad happened? Not really rape, but close enough to being attacked? Like what happened in the Pilot?

What is it w/ me wanting to see Joan have a crisis of faith? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Heh, maybe it's b/c I'd rather see her in pain over matters of God than in pain over matters w/ Adam.

And Iris... gah, karma better not bite me in the butt b/c I want her to go... but not in a bad way. I wonder if/when the writers write Iris off... how they'll do it. And if the ripples of it will affect Joan/Adam?

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

From the Film Jerk:

Joan of Arcadia: In the episode "Requiem For A Third Grade Ashtray," Will and Toni witness a carjacking. Giving chase, they pull him over on the freeway. They discover that the carjacker – an average guy, with three kids to feed – has unwittingly kidnapped a pregnant woman who is about to give birth. Also, KEVIN believes he might be recovering some sensation in his hip and gets some electromyography (a nerve conduction) test done. Also, Joan visits a coffee house and art show.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:47 PM
ORF
Passionate Fan

I think Joan has a crisis of faith in various forms in each ep. She never blindly justs does what God asks, she always questions but later sees the logic. Even though there's always logic she always struggles with each request. I think she accepts the answers she's been given regarding the bad stuff in her life and her family's. Right now it looks like her father is having a crisis and it'll be interesting how Joan will be used to resolve that crisis.

I really love this show! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 02-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Anyone hoping for a serious crisis of faith cliffhanger or more ending on a good note (like the eppie Jump)? I'm also debating on whether or not I want to be spoiled for the season finale...
I have been debating this too. On one hand, I don't see the sense in having a cliffhanger when the entire run of the show hasn't contained one cliffhanger ending on any episode thus far. It would be kind of a cop-out in my mind.

Yet, you do want to have a bit of tension or whatever going into the next season (or not). I'm hoping they leave a few things in the air but not so much to disrupt the groove of their format.

As for spoilers: there is no way I won't read them. I don't like being taken by surprise by anything. If I can properly prepare myself for what's going to happen, then I can pay attention to other things, like yelling at the TV when something happens I don't like.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

It's Luke at the take your kid to work day. More powerful, emotional Luke next week. I like that Luke's getting all his emotions out but it's kind of weird...solving years of misunderstandings in two weeks? Okay.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread