Old 01-15-2017, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

Set pic - 011017
Set pic - 011217
Set pic - 011317
Old 01-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Gio (View Post)
Thanks for posting
Old 01-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the promo and episode stills.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Thank you.

Family scenes
Old 01-22-2017, 01:34 PM
MST Manager

Thanks much.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Can we talk about the big Michael rumor here? I'm really curious what other fans have on this and how definite we think this storyline is.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

^ I think so. It's from a legal source, the interview and the sides (which are paid for). It's not like it's from illegal leaks.

But maybe put it under tags. Some people don't like being too spoiled.

E.t.a I checked the intro post and sides have to be linked so that means they can be discussed.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

KK cool.

Spoiler:
Old 01-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
KK cool.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 01-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

You guys know that you don't have to use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread right? It's safe to talk and speculate here .
Old 01-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for responding!

I understand where you're coming from, but it feels off-tone to me still. The show is whimsical and romantic. It's been praised for showing relationships between women in a beautiful way and also the Michael/Jane relationship has gotten praise for being healthy. I mean, I went to a panel with Jennie herself where she discussed how she wanted JM to be different than other couples because she was tired of seeing unhealthy couples end up together, but wanted to see beautiful, healthy, normal safe loves on TV. That type of thinking made this show different imo. More than a teen drama, more than a soap.

I do think there are hints here and there, so it wouldn't be completely out of the blue. But I still think, personally (I know people view things differently) that it doesn't feel right for this show. I watch this show to feel inspired and laugh and spend time with characters I love. I want the best for them. I don't want Jane to be a widow and lose her husband at 25/26.

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 01-23-2017 at 07:32 PM
Old 01-23-2017, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from, but it feels off-tone to me still.
This show gets sad. And it does devastation. And it either movies through it quickly (kidnapping) or does a time jump. It's a trick that it has employed a few times and I think that's what they're doing here so they don't have to write mourning Jane for episodes and episodes.

But I get it. I really do. I've been prepared for a Michael death since they dropped the first hint of it in Season 1 and I was never that into Michael/Jane so I just see it as part of the story but if they killed someone I really cared about and someone who I thought had future story to tell, I would think they'd be making a mistake too. That said, I still wouldn't think it' be off-tone to do so.

If he collapses while taking a test, then I think the death will stick. The show has hinted at it throughout the series and even in this season with their focus on where he was shot and even the moment he had while exercising with Rafael.
Quote:
I went to a panel with Jennie herself where she discussed how she wanted JM to be different than other couples because she was tired of seeing unhealthy couples end up together, but wanted to see beautiful, healthy, normal safe loves on TV.
I know she said this and although I think some of her writing choices have been weird on this front (like the premiere episode), I don't think she was lying. She wanted to show this. But I guess she also wants to show loss. And even though she loses Michael, it doesn't mean Jane won't end up in a healthy relationship at the end with whoever. I know the thought is that it'll be Raf but even though I'm a fan, I'm not entirely convinced it will be.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for responding!

I understand where you're coming from, but it feels off-tone to me still. The show is whimsical and romantic. It's been praised for showing relationships between women in a beautiful way and also the Michael/Jane relationship has gotten praise for being healthy. I mean, I went to a panel with Jennie herself where she discussed how she wanted JM to be different than other couples because she was tired of seeing unhealthy couples end up together, but wanted to see beautiful, healthy, normal safe loves on TV. That type of thinking made this show different imo. More than a teen drama, more than a soap.

I do think there are hints here and there, so it wouldn't be completely out of the blue. But I still think, personally (I know people view things differently) that it doesn't feel right for this show. I watch this show to feel inspired and laugh and spend time with characters I love. I want the best for them. I don't want Jane to be a widow and lose her husband at 25/26.

I don't want either. I saw this show as having a light hearted Ness and I feel Michael dying is to much. A part of me hopes Michael is witness protection
Old 01-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
KK cool.

Spoiler:
There's no need for tags on the spoiler thread. . It's why everyone is here.