Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Plus Jane wasent moving Mateo to China. They were going somewhere 45 minutes away. I have commuted to school and work. Plus both their jobs were in Miami
Yeah me too and the closest hospital to my place is forty minutes away too, I mention it because obviously if you need an hospital it's an emergency and IDK it might be because I'm used to it but I never saw it as a big deal - plus like you said you have the fact that they both work in Miami is a huge factor to consider. Don't get me wrong I totally see why Raf complained, I'm not saying he was being dramatic and I'm very happy JM didn't take the house, but seeing the context and considering the one year settlement it felt like a good compromise.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it was a good compromise
Old 04-03-2016, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Yeah me too and the closest hospital to my place is forty minutes away too, I mention it because obviously if you need an hospital it's an emergency and IDK it might be because I'm used to it but I never saw it as a big deal - plus like you said you have the fact that they both work in Miami is a huge factor to consider. Don't get me wrong I totally see why Raf complained, I'm not saying he was being dramatic and I'm very happy JM didn't take the house, but seeing the context and considering the one year settlement it felt like a good compromise.
Thing is Raf is always the one who has to compromize and that doesn't sit well with me, I mean if Mateo didn't start walking Jane would have taken that house and never thought about what that would mean for Raf and Mateo's relationship and that's just unacceptable.

Idk but this show always find new way to screw over Raf and I'm getting tired, give the poor guy a break.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thing is Raf is always the one who has to compromize and that doesn't sit well with me, I mean if Mateo didn't start walking Jane would have taken that house and never thought about what that would mean for Raf and Mateo's relationship and that's just unacceptable.

Idk but this show always find new way to screw over Raf and I'm getting tired, give the poor guy a break.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I don't mean to be cruel, but that's not the same. Yes, you need a hospital for emergencies but its not the same especially for a working parent. You might have an incident once in a blue moon, but this commute would be daily and he'd miss out on a lot of big moments. The compromise that Raf came up with was not ridiculous. They could have also kept looking if they didn't want to accept his deal. As a parent, you can miss out on big moments when you live as little as 20 minutes away imagine an hour drive each way. I never understood why Jane considered even without the Raf/Mateo issue. They both work in Miami. Why put yourself through that kind of stress? The house wasn't that great. I'm glad that Jane actually changed her mind, but what if she didn't? The fact it took Mateo having a milestone and realizing what other milestone's Rafael would miss is why she changed her mind. She was too stuck in doing things her way that she didn't even consider the big picture for her son and his father.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I never understood why Jane considered even without the Raf/Mateo issue. They both work in Miami. Why put yourself through that kind of stress? The house wasn't that great. I'm glad that Jane actually changed her mind, but what if she didn't? The fact it took Mateo having a milestone and realizing what other milestone's Rafael would miss is why she changed her mind. She was too stuck in doing things her way that she didn't even consider the big picture for her son and his father.
They keep acting like Raf is a second class parent only to remembered every once in a while and I hate that. If JM do end getting married and it sticks it's only gonna get worse for him because Michael will completely replace him.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Again I see where you're coming from but I really doubt this is being done to make Rafael look bad or because the writers hate him. I understand it's hard for his fans (and for anyone who's not an ass) but I'm pretty sure in the end it's going to be worth it. Besides, I think a lot of us suspect Michael night not make it to post wedding and "replacing" anyone.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Again I see where you're coming from but I really doubt this is being done to make Rafael look bad or because the writers hate him. I understand it's hard for his fans (and for anyone who's not an ass) but I'm pretty sure in the end it's going to be worth it. Besides, I think a lot of us suspect Michael night not make it to post wedding and "replacing" anyone.
To me the bigger issue has nothing to do with Michael or even Rafael looking bad, but rather the parental narrative the show is constructing. Single parenthood is all fine and good, but who would choose it unless they didn't have a partner or things went wrong. Rafael wants to be involved and he wants to be an active parent, but the show acts like he is a glorified babysitter and that is problematic. It has nothing to do with Michael imo and everything to do with the V's and Jane treating him like he doesn't truly matter.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Once more, Rogelio provides us with a fun title.

I feel like the conversation is getting a bit close to a shipping/character war, but I might be the only one who feels that way...
So I'm going to tiptoe over to Rogelio-land, where everything is great (but not peachy, because he doesn't pop in peach)
Old 04-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Rafael wants to be involved and he wants to be an active parent, but the show acts like he is a glorified babysitter and that is problematic.
YES!
This season is one big disappointed after another, let's hope s3 will set a different path.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Rafael wants to be involved and he wants to be an active parent, but the show acts like he is a glorified babysitter and that is problematic.
YES!
This season is one big disappointed after another, let's hope s3 will set a different path.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the spoiler links.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
To me the bigger issue has nothing to do with Michael or even Rafael looking bad, but rather the parental narrative the show is constructing. Single parenthood is all fine and good, but who would choose it unless they didn't have a partner or things went wrong. Rafael wants to be involved and he wants to be an active parent, but the show acts like he is a glorified babysitter and that is problematic. It has nothing to do with Michael imo and everything to do with the V's and Jane treating him like he doesn't truly matter.
On this I agree. Although I'm not sure if it's the V's+Jane or the fact that we simply don't get to see Rafael with Mateo. I feel like he does spend a lot of time with him and he is an active parent, but we just don't get his pov there. Which I understand to an extent because it's Jane's show, but it's still a little odd.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, based on the promo Mateo does exactly what I feared and they're trying to put a funny spin to it. IT'S NO EFFING FUNNY.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

I know we haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm not looking forward to seeing the tension this will cause when Rafael and Michael are working relatively well together. and of course I don't want to see Rafael get his feelings hurt either. Neither Jane or Michael would want that
Closed Thread   Post New Thread