Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

JAG Spoilers #4 ~ Who Ever Said Being Spoiled Wasn't Fulll of Surprises?

Here is my compilaion of what we know:

Compilation of Spoilers for JAG

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Hallee, who plays Mattie, has signed for at least 5 episodes this season
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] JAG's stories for this season will mostly focus on A stories and a few B subplots when needed
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] We'll be seeing less of Harriet
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] No new characters are expected
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Despite Steven Culp aka Webb being on Enterprise, the procution company for JAG is expected to work it so he can appear
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] DPB said that there might be a couple of shows a year where NCIS investigates a crime on Tuesday and the accussed turns up in a JAG on Friday.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] DPB has said from the beginning he would not put Harm and Mac together until the show ended...and maybe not even then.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] From EW:Even more improbably, there are die-hard fans of the military drama who call themselves Shippers. (You thought Trekkies were weird.) Apparently what the Shippers are dying to know is when are Harm and Mac going to get it on? “I’ve been putting off the romantic connection between them for eight years, and… I’ll continue to put it off,” says Bellisario. “Maybe at the end of the show, I’ll just let them go their separate ways. That’ll really infuriate the Shippers.” Then the ship will truly hit the fan.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Eppy 9.12: A Girl's Best Friend

- Harm & Bud defend and Mac prosecutes a Lt. accused of stealing artificial diamonds from the Navy.
- One of those diamonds ends up on Meredith's hand.
- Meredith is visited at the university by an old friend named Pietro who´s in town for a symposium.
- Pietro and Meredith go to her house and get reacquainted.
- Coates and Mattie bond and go shopping, etc
- Mattie and Harm are going to be neighbors
- Mattie is supposed to go back to school soon even though she's half a year behind
- Mac sees her old friend in a new light
- Mac likes what she sees when Harm is trying to be the father figure with Mattie
- Harm takes Mattie to a friend of hers house. The kid in question salutes Harm and doesn't stand down until Harm returns the salute. Mattie also jokes with Harm about becoming a Naval Aviator like the 'old man'
- Mac is concerned about Webb's whereabouts

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Eppy 9.13 Good Intentions

- Mac defend's a PO accused of murdering a Ensign and Harm prosecutes
- Mac defends a rapist
- The catch is that the PO was drunk at the time and doesn't have any memory of the events
- Bud defends and Sturgis prosecutes a Seal accused of embezzling money to illegally buy chemicals to fight terrorists learns.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Eppy 9.14 People vs the SecNav

- The French are trying the Secretary of the Navy for war crimes
- Harm, Mac and Bud defend the SecNav
- Mike Roberts misplaces Little A.J. while at a mall

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Eppy 9.15 Crash
- Harm and Mac go to the USS Bennington in the Mediterranean Sea to investigate a crash crash on the deck.
- Coates takes care of Mattie while Harm is away.

[ 12-26-2003: Message edited Wildfire Girl ]
Old 04-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Total Fan

thanks, Karen. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (BTW, can i call you karen? i've been calling you Wildfire Girl for so long. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i'm Tara. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

good title too, b/c the spoilers still didn't prepare me for this episode. i was still surprised. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, yes, Tara you may call me Karen. Wildfire Girl is a long title to type. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And your comment on the general discussion thread inspired that title. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Edited to add that I read JAG will have a cover on TV Guide going on sale April 28th. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-23-2003: Message edited Wildfire Girl ]
Old 04-23-2003, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

More info from Kip and Harriet:

Q. As to the part about not definite if all actors will be aboard, is it because contract negotiations are still continuing or because some of the cast is not interested in returning?
A. Its because some members of the cast think they are worth more money than we do. Simple as that.
~~~~~~~~~~
The last contract is closed on JAG and everyone is returning.
~~~~~~~~~~~
DPB directed and designed the style of the show. He set out to deliberately make it fast paced, quick cutting, driving music. Wide shots followed by tight. Never stop, but when you do...slow way down. Then pick it up again.

He's hoping to attract younger viewers while not losing the JAG fans.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. I'm sitting here trying to connect the dots and I just don't know who did it. I'm still curious as to who the father is. And the look on Mac's face was priceless. Can tomorrow be Tuesday?
A. Sorry. You'll have to wait.
All the dots will connect and make sense next week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Two new JAG members are introduced in episode 21. They will appear in NCIS So Kip there is a chance that they might be appearing in some episodes of JAG too? What do you think the odds are?
A. Excellent. Since they are both very good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. I'm curious about the casting choices that were made for the possible spinoff. Was Mark Harmon DPBs orignial choice? Did MH lobby for the job a'la CB? How were the other actors chosen? Were they immediately thought of or were they chosen through the audition process?
A. Mark was first choice. Michael Weatherley was a first choice. David 'McCullen was a first choice. Others were auditioned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The TV Guide Channel" will conduct interviews with David James Elliott, Patrick Labyorteaux and Karri Turner as well as shoot footage to promote the "JAG" TV GUIDE Cover that goes on stands Monday, April 28th.

Enjoy tonight! Best, Harriet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. HI Kip, You say "Next season will..." does that mean they've decided there will be a next season?
A. There will definately be a next season. Not yet definate is will all the actors be aboard.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. OY, I can't believe you just posted that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Now I think you like the barrage of "oh my goodness, tell me it isn't so" emails you receive. I can hear the naysayer/pessimists now.
A. I'll just delete them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. None of the regular cast will be on the spin-off. Although from what I understand from what Kip has said, the 2 new member of JAG will be the link between JAG and the spin-off.
A. Two new JAG members are introduced in episode 21. They will appear in NCIS and who knows, maybe even JAG since DPB likes both enormously.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. And that got me wondering if the show is going to focus much on the war in Iraq in this next season.
A. In an episode before the end of this season we start in Iraq! Next season will have an occassional episode, but it really depends on what happens. I don't see us doing Iraq frequently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Tiner's rank is Petty Officer 01, whereas Coates' rank is Petty Officer 02, and that makes Tiner the "senior" officer out of the two.
A. A Petty Officer is not an officer. He or she is enlisted. They could most certainly have a relationship and it would not be fraternizaiton. It happens every day in in the Navy and Marine Corps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. As for Harm and Mac, under REAL LIFE circumstances, they could be brought up on charges of fraternization in that she "outranks" Harm by two months.
A. She does not outrank him. They are the same rank. She just has more time in rank which is not the same as being a senior officer...especially when it comes to fraternization.

They too, could have a relationship. In this case, DPB prevails not the Navy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. I am just curious and want to make this as general as possible. When an actor or actress negotiates their contract for a series, do they do it for several years and then if it is canceled before that contract is up what happens?
A. They do it for several years, but it is always subject to the show being cancelled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Who ultimately decides on the titles for the episodes? And if, for legal purposes or otherwise, the title needs to be changed who gets the final say on what the name is changed to?
A. The writers title their episodes and unless DPB objects, that's the way they are named.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Harriet: Tomorrow starts a three-day weekend for us. What a joyful season for the birth of Catherine and Adam's baby girl, Gemma. Talk to you Monday. Best, Harriet

Kip: Maybe for Harriet. But the.manyof us are dubbing, mixing and editing episodes 20 and 21 right through and including Easter Sunday.

Harriet: Post-production, of course. Sorry, it's been a long time since I put in those horrendous hours...but I have paid those dues in the past, so forgive the oversight. (The second thing to go is the memory, and I can't remember what the first thing is.) Best, Harriet
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine and Adam have named the baby Gemma.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Can anyone confirm that the episode after Lawyers, Guns, and Money will be called Pas De Deux?

A. Yes, the last half of that episode started filming today. The first half was filmed, under a different title, or perhaps no title, before Catherine Bell left to have her baby.

During the interim, titles have changed, so I haven't posted the last two episodes to air at this time until they are confirmed.

Names and titles change for many reasons, not the least of which is Legal Clearance. If a name or title is not available, the production is advised: Not clear. This means, choose another name or title. They don't give a reason and their decisions are rarely contested.

If a title is talked about and then changed, the perception is that an episode is dropped, or "missing." Therefore, in order to avoid more confusion, I try not to mention titles until filming starts, or it's closer to airtime. (At a couple million per, there are no unaired or missing episodes. To paraphrase a well-known Senator whose name eludes me, a million here, a million there and pretty soon you're talking serious money. And, I might add, only the government could afford to write off or "lose" that much.

Yes, I know. "Skeleton Crew." When NBC didn't air it, USA Cable and foreign syndication did. Even though it was a cliffhanger without a resolution. At the time.)

Where was I?
Old 04-23-2003, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is the compilaion of what we know:

Upcoming Episodes:

Eppy 21 - 4/29 - Meltdown - Continuation of the previous shocker story (Singer's Death and Harm's arrest for it). 2 new JAG characters will be introduced, The Marine Major and Navy Lt. Cmdr.

Harm's court-martial begins and it looks like he doesn't have an alibi, but he realizes he may have an unlikely ally in Special Agent Gibbs (Mark Harmon). Meanwhile, Gibbs tries to get information from Amad Bin Atwa on the location of the next ship attack. Tony: Michael Weatherly. Viv: Robyn Lively. 50/50 JAG and NCIS.

The case against Harm appears to be very strong, but Agent Gibbs (guest star Mark Harmon) begins to have doubts about his guilt despite the incriminating evidence. As Gibbs leaves for the Middle East to question a senior Arab terrorist about an impending attack against a Navy ship, he asks his team to dig deeper into Harm's case in the hopes that they will find new evidence that points to another killer before the verdict is read.

Eppy 22 - 5/6 - Lawyers Guns and Money - Webb and Gunny and Mac as A story (this arc will also be a shocker) Mac travels to Paraguay with Clayton Webb (Steven Culp), where she poses as his pregnant wife as part of a CIA mission to stop a drug lord (Marco Rodriguez) from selling missiles to terrorists. Meanwhile, Bud defends Turner when his adequacy in a case is challenged. Wahib Shawwaf: David Akert. Alvaro Camacho: Louis Aguirre. Gunny: Randy Vasquez.

Eppy 23 - 5/13 - Pas De Deux - Webb and Gunny and Mac as A story

Eppy 24 Season 8 Finale - 5/20 **Harm puts everyone's life in danger when he quits JAG, defies orders and heads to Paraguay to rescue Mac and recover the Stinger missiles.** Webb and Gunny and Mac and Harm - Cliffhanger and Shocker Kip: "Some fans will be screaming "yes!" and others will be screaming "No!" But no one will say "that was boring". Although I'm sure certain aspects will be discussed all summer and picked apart."

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Latest renewal/cast info according to KIP: ** CBS has offered a pickup. Latest from Harriet: ** All cast negotiations are closed and all will be returning.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Big shocker will involve a regular member of the cast (Singer's death and possibly Harm's arrest), and affect the lives of the other characters, and is not related to Mac's undercover arc, which involves Webb and Gunny.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Cliffhanger (Harm chasing after Mac?) will NOT be related to the "big shocker" story arc (Singer's death), should be related to Mac's undercover arc and will not be a come-out-of-the-blue surprise like last year's. Harm and Mac will spend time together in the "cliffhanger".(because he goes to rescue her)
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] An episode before the end of this season starts in Iraq. A few next year might deal with the war in Iraq.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Shipper moment/s in one of the last three eppys, whichever one involves Harm joining Mac/Gunny/Webb, but probably not what we expect (because Harm is going to rescue Mac)
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Harm and Mac will be *reunited* in the last eppy (in other words, back together at the same spot, working together, etc)

[ 04-23-2003: Message edited Wildfire Girl ]
Old 04-23-2003, 02:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Holy Cats! I watched IQ twice last night. I just love the Harm/Gibbs scene! That ending,"Go ahead, ask me! Would you kill for your brother?" Darn it! I was literally screaming at the end. DPB, DJE and MH did an amazing job. It is always nice to see DJE get to do a little more dramatic acting. I know I'd like to see more. I was a little squicky about the shots of Singer's body at the beginning and the whole Boy Scout/Gibbs conversation a little syrupy, but in general, yowza!

When will we hear anything about NCIS getting a green light? I want more Gibbs. Less of the Blackadder(Did anyone else ask themselves if she might be related to Hugh Blackadder from Gypsy Eyes? I know DPB played Blackadder and his wife's name is Viv. nice little in-thing going on) I haven't been this on edge since Bud's ending last season. DPB and McGill did a bang up job. Kudos!

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye of Botox:
<STRONG> I haven't been this on edge since Bud's ending last season. DPB and McGill did a bang up job. Kudos!</STRONG>

I totally agree! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But after having said that, not sure if the whole NCIS is what I'll watch. But the whole show was astounding!

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Total Fan

after rereading the spoilers a bit more slowly, i realized that it says Harm actually quits JAG. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] he really is desperate to help mac.

how many times can you actually quit a job before they don't let you come back? although harm does have a good reason for doing so.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by texas_gal:
<STRONG>after rereading the spoilers a bit more slowly, i realized that it says Harm actually quits JAG. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] he really is desperate to help mac.

how many times can you actually quit a job before they don't let you come back? although harm does have a good reason for doing so.</STRONG>
ITA- When I first found out that Harm was going to be charged w/Singer's murder, I flashed to People v Rabb. and the only aired in syndication S1 finale. Accused of murder 3 times? I hope that there is some mention about the ineffectualness of the NCIS during the trial. I love a little bit of continuity and it would be nice to have some follow through. As to how it will be resolved, I have a sneaking suspicion that the "Terminal Leave" that Mac used in S3(?) will probably be the duex ex machina to explain Harm getting back into JAG. Was anyone suprised when Cheggs said there were only 750 jag? I sort of thought there were more. Maybe I'm just crazy. Anyhow, talked to a couple of friends re:IQ and they kind of felt the same about the squick factor.

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Ok, delayed reaction because I just got my jaw from the floor.
Can I just say that the ep rocked on so many levels? First, they set up the sl with the stingers. I think this is the one that is related to the cliffhanger (Mac, Webb, Gunny, and Harm). Next, it was creepy how they did the camera shots from Singer's point of view that weird lighting effect and sounds. Next I loved the Gibbs and Harm dynamics. The admiral was dead on (he is so smart, he rocks) that Gibbs is just as devious as Harm. When Harm asked gibbs to ask him the question at the end of the ep, and Gibbs asked "Would you kill for your brother?," Gibbs is one crafty dude. Harm's face after that question was priceless. I don't think Harm did it and I don't think sergei did it because that would be the logical conclusion and spoilers say we would be shocked. Sergei being the father would be not be shocking. Next, creepy out of this world that Singer was frozen in the river for three months. Nasty way to go. Mac's surprise that Harm added a little somthing extra to her investigation and did not tell her about it. I think, maybe, kind of, see this as a tiny wedge between Mac and Harm. He ommitted things from her. She is not going to be happy. If they have this wedge, maybe this is the impetus that gets her to go off on a mission with Webb. Like a motivation. Resonates with her history, she left for the sea after Harm left with Renee for the funeral. She ducks and then he follows her. I don't know, this may be my delusional shipper part of my JAG brain. Cool ep all around.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maizli:
<STRONG>Next, it was creepy how they did the camera shots from Singer's point of view that weird lighting effect and sounds.
that scene in the coroner's office where the coroner kept saying the dead can hear, so he talks to them (or whatever that was), and the camera angle was looking up from singer's dead body (eyes) at the coroner and that woman was really freaky. i expected singer to say something singer-ish.

Quote:
Mac's surprise that Harm added a little somthing extra to her investigation and did not tell her about it. I think, maybe, kind of, see this as a tiny wedge between Mac and Harm. He ommitted things from her. She is not going to be happy. If they have this wedge, maybe this is the impetus that gets her to go off on a mission with Webb. Like a motivation. Resonates with her history, she left for the sea after Harm left with Renee for the funeral. She ducks and then he follows her. I don't know, this may be my delusional shipper part of my JAG brain. </STRONG>
what a delightful and rockin' theory! i like it! mac did look taken aback at harm's little "omission" from her. if it's not the entire driving force, i'm sure it does definitely play some small part in her choice. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

and you aren't delusional. i would love for the same thing to happen.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye of Botox:
<STRONG>
ITA- When I first found out that Harm was going to be charged w/Singer's murder, I flashed to People v Rabb. and the only aired in syndication S1 finale. Accused of murder 3 times? </STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Good ole Harm. Always the accused pretty boy.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Maizli:
<STRONG> Next, it was creepy how they did the camera shots from Singer's point of view that weird lighting effect and sounds. </STRONG>
You know, I had almost totally forgotten about that aspect. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] It was very creepy and I wondered if a woman frozen for 3 months might just crawl off that table! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

FYI, I posted most my original thoughts over on the General Discussion Thread on the Television Board, with your general sentiment of total shock even though I had been spoiled, and total love and enjoyment of the pace and action, even if our beloved JAG characters were overtaken by weird NCIS characters for most the show! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

More genera info from Kip:

Q. Kip, how long is DPB going to be doing this take on JAG? Hopefully not for long? I was thinking until the whole NCIS thing is cleared up and the spinoff is set, but do you know
A. He will only do it for one more week and then it's back to the JAG format.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. She (CB) was there, but in a limited capacity.
A. CB was so pregnant she was only able to do two very brief scenes in the episode.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Doubtful that CBS/Paramount would give the show another year if they had an inkling that any of their (4) major stars might bolt after this season was over.
A. Sorry, but JAG was picked up with or without the major characters which is why the deal with the hold out closed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Though correct me if I'm wrong...NCIS investigates a lot of different crimes, so conceivably, we could see Gibbs and crew looking for spies, investigating fraud, theft, sexual crimes, and other stuff in addition to murder?
A. You are right. NCIS investigates everything you mentioned plus goes after terrorists.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Everything that took place was discussed in this group before it's airing for the last few weeks. NO SHOCKER HERE.
A. Consider this: If I hadn't told you episode 20 would be a shocker and Paramount hadn't slipped that Singer was murdered this discussion group would still be talking about CB's baby and it would have been a hell of a shocker.

Given all the clues I've dropped and Paramount's screw up, of course it wasn't a shocker to this group, but to the rest of the fans it was a surprise and a big one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. I understand the RL situation with CB, but are there any plans to explain Mac's behavior (or lack of it) in these eps? One thing jumps out right away. Why is she not even considered for defense council? Will that be explained?
A. Yep.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. I suspect none of the headquarters Jag staff will be considered for defense council. They are all potential witnesses for the prosecution and/or defense.
A. You got it. New lawyers, new judge.
~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Does anyone know if the plan throughout the season was to have Singer die? I mean, as we found out she was pregnant and the whole story line behind that, was there always a plan in place that we'd not ever get to see her have the baby? Do we think we're going to ever know who the father was?
A. It was DPBs plan from way, way back.
~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Does this story line plan go as far back as "Answer Prayers" ?
A. Yep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Is that in general [with any TV show]? I remember the cast of Friends insisted on big payrises a couple of years ago. I can't imagine any of the cast on JAG doing that. They seem like a very level-headed lot, compared to celebrities on other shows. Some behave like prima donnas, but I can't imagine anyone from JAG doing that either.
A. ROTFLMAO
~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. I don't know if I am the only one who thought this, but the background music was much louder than normal tonight, which wouldn't be a problem except it was hard to hear what the actors were saying. I am 26 and have pretty good hearing, but maybe it is just me. Just thought I would throw that out there as a suggestion.
A. DPB agrees. The bg music was too loud. Won't happen, again. It was a technical slip up that was caught too late. No excuse, but from the time we finished filming until the show was shipped to CBS for air was less than 9 days. Usually you want about three weeks. The loud music was one of the results of the rush.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. When is the NCIS spin off due to take off?
A. CBS announces their fall schedule on May 14.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Q. I understand the RL situation with CB, but are there any plans to explain Mac's behavior (or lack of it) in these eps? One thing jumps out right away. Why is she not even considered for defense council? Will that be explained?
A. Yep.
i'm glad they are going to explain little issues like that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

thanks for the info, Karen, as usual.