Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the informative links.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:14 AM
Extreme Fan

I did not watch it yet and i probably not going to now. The show dropped from my top 3 to the top 20. Very disappointed in the writers. I can not understand why they felt the need to kill him off. If it was just to shock than they failed, i am just pissed.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

^ I watched it.. I had to watch it without spoilers or I knew I wouldn't be able to watch it if I knew it was Wes. But.. yep. I honestly like the show for multiple reasons, but this.. it's enough for me to say with absolute certainty that I am done. I'm not watching any more.

And I love Laurel and want the best for her, but she's not going to get that, so I don't want to follow her journey even online, I don't think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I will continue to watch the show, although I won't be happy about it. Hell, I still miss Rebecca. I might have been the only one that liked her.
I don't know that I really liked her, though I didn't dislike her, though it was sad that she died.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sucks you guys feel that way. I'm glad I like pretty much everyone to an extent and I don't watch for certain characters. But I'm excited to see where the show is going to go now.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

I was pretty convinced before the episode aired that I'd still watch regardless of who it was but that reveal was too shocking for me. And it's not that I wasn't prepared for it. So many people have speculated it would be Wes. Just a few hours before the episode aired there were people on my twitter TL ranting about Wes dying. Yet I still hoped. Even after Nate showed up at the morgue I was still trying to think of twist like Annalise's father or something. And the fact that he was murdered makes it even worse. If it was an accident or somebody else was targeted it would be different. But now with these flashbacks there will probably be a scene where Wes realises he's going to die I don't want to see what new ways they come up to torture the remaining characters. Next thing you know Connor will get framed for killing Wes. So I'm out for now. I might come back in 4B.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think Canada gets it early..? I knew to avoid places for spoilers hours before every week for spoilers. It was the kind of show I didn't want spoilers for.

And I knew I'd have to go into this episode without knowing, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to watch after I knew, because I thought it would be him. I struggled to watch the last 5 or so minutes after the reveal. Like I really struggled. Especially since they showed us his body, looking like that.. I felt sick and I badly wanted to press stop but I just had to get it over with and see the end.

ETA: It disappoints me so much that Pete decided to kill someone without actually knowing who it would be, and then a few episodes before they have to write it going.. okay Wes then. Like yes this was a shock thing only, and they've completely bombed the foundation of the show for Season 4.
I don't consider that a good thing.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

I think there was a promo or something that clued them in. But I thought they were just ranting about what they didn't want to see.

It was really intense. Definitely not an episode I could ever rewatch.

The fact that they didn't know means they couldn't have more scenes with Wes and the others. A main character's death needs more build up.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Wooooow. I am shocked. When it was first revealed that someone would die. I immediately thought it was Nate because Nate is useless. Then I got a little annoyed that it would be Nate simply because he was useless and it was not shocking. But killing Wes opens up so many storylines because he was such a major player. I'll miss him just like I miss Rebecca, but I'm looking forward to where things will go.

Writers have to stop doing these big death storylines when they don't know who is gonna die. Did it on Arrow, and it flopped. So hopefully this one plays out well.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am sorry for those who liked Wes but I have to admit I'm relieved he was the one under the sheet. I mean I did not really hate but if I had to let go of one the K5 it was him.

Also, I have a really hard time believing Pete Nowalk when he says he did not know who he was going to kill until episode 7. I rewatched the first episode and did anyone notice how it perfectly mirrored the last one ? In both episodes Wes is in a police station and there's the exact same scene when he turns back and have a look through the glass door.
I mean it was clearly a nod to the first episode. So he did not plan it ? Nah I don't know, it just fits too perfectly...

Icon: Flora
Old 11-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I absolutely agree. Plus killing him opens up a lot of possibilities and rocks the characters and relationships. I think this could be very interesting indeed.

I started this show for the mystery and I kept watching for that and the characters and relationships. So losing him doesn't affect me very much. I started to get irritated with him fairly quickly starting in season 1 with the rebecca thing. Sure killing off a major characters is huge but it's not the first time a main character has been killed, or left the show. Shows survive, and this will too.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
. Next thing you know Connor will get framed for killing Wes. So I'm out for now. I might come back in 4B.
Noooooo... I am traumatised enough by Wes's death.. I really don't need people thinking Connor did it.. I can just imagine how easily they would all believe it as well Please don't go there writers.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Of course the writers knew who they would/wanna kill off. I never believe the crap they tell us when they try to defend a storyline. There was no reason to kill him to rock the other characters because he already had an interesting storyline going. He would have been the one to testify against Annalise and everyone would have hated him for it. And the writer claiming killing Wes hurt the most? Implying that he loves the character the most? Oh please?! You don't kill off a character you love to write storys for just for a 2 min shock effect.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
Of course the writers knew who they would/wanna kill off. I never believe the crap they tell us when they try to defend a storyline. There was no reason to kill him to rock the other characters because he already had an interesting storyline going. He would have been the one to testify against Annalise and everyone would have hated him for it. And the writer claiming killing Wes hurt the most? Implying that he loves the character the most? Oh please?! You don't kill off a character you love to write storys for just for a 2 min shock effect.
I think there was way more potential with Wes alive, especially if he'd gone through with the deal. Cause Pete implied he didn't.

This way.. yeah, the characters are going to be upset and grieving, but that'll last what..? Until the end of S3? And then Michaela, Connor and Asher wont care. I'd like to think that it'll effect Laurel and Annalise longer, but do I trust them anymore? No.

Maybe Laurel will have a big storyline concerning the baby, if it's Wes' which it probably is, but they could have had a storyline on that with Wes in the picture. And their romance had miles to go of possibilities.

And Annalise dealing with Wes betraying her, with him alive.. much more interesting.

I mean to each their own, but for me there was so much more potential for him alive and doing this and the way they did it.. unnecessary and cold.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread