Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Master Fan

House S&S # 17: Because We Hope The Stike Doesn't Get Too 'Ugly' For House!

Episodes:

Episode: 4.10 - It's A Wonderful Lie
Airdate: 01.29.08
  • In the Christmas episode, Kutner decorates the office, and House is all um, you clearly don't know any better like homie (foreman) and then takes down the decorations. Kutner asks if they can do secret santa.

Later house decides that yes, they can do secret santa and writes everyones name and puts it in a stocking. Not a huge surprise that we come to find out he put his name on every paper. He does this to cause tension within the new gang, once they all find out they all have house, what are they going to do? fight of course and fight they do.

To up the stakes, house "finds" a wrapped gift on his desk and opens it in front of the crew, it's an iphone, and he loves it. later we learn he stole wilson's iphone to screw with his newbies.

the newbies don't know what to do, they're not telling house they know, 13 says she's not getting a gift, but then sees taub give house a gift and is all pissed cause now she has to give house a gift. House enjoys all their infighting. 13 ends up giving him a record
From House message board.

Clips & Promos:

General Spoilers

• House opens Season 4 short of staff and growing more unpopular by the hour. His support team has dwindled to Drs. Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) and Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard), who are stretched to the max, especially after a building collapse brings an onslaught of injured victims in the first episode. House hires a new team, specifically to find three new docs, and makes 40 of them jump through hoops. Meanwhile, Cameron has been reassigned to the ER and Chase now works in surgery. Foreman's the last to return. A few episodes in, he gets canned from his fancy job at Mercy Hospital and comes crawling back. By midseason, House will have two or three new staff members, which means a whole new set of buttons to push and feelings to hurt. From TVGuide
  • Info from Ausiello @ the Fox Press Tour:

Chase is working at a hospital in Arizona when the season starts. And Cameron's there visiting him.

At the beginning of the season, "House is alone. And House is trying to solve cases by himself. Cuddy insists that he hire a new time. Over the first bunch of episodes, he's going to call in [40 or so candidates] and see who survives. It will be like Survivor." - Katie Jacobs.

"Not sure if she was joking, but Jacobs just said she's giving Cuddy "a huge makeout scene" this season. Let the speculation begin

Jesse Spencer is jazzed about the changes that are in store for Chase and Co. this season. "We're not going back in the same capacity. Nothing will be the same. That's going to change the energy. It's kind of like we've got a new show."

Jacobs says they have actually hired five new docs. "We have deals with five actors that could potentially tuen into series regular deals."

House won't refer to his new minions by name, but by number.
  • More info from Press Tour:

Survivor: Princeton-Plainsboro: To replace Cameron, Chase and Foreman, House is going to invite 40 newbies to join his diagnostic practice. He's going to pit them against each other until he finds ones he likes. Exec producer Katie Jacobs pointed out that while all the candidates are creditable physicians, what appeals to House might not necessarily be medical bona fides. She noted, "He might be interested in a veterinarian...or just someone he can't get a handle on." For example, the new guy played by Peter Jacobson appeals to House because his years of experience in the plastic surgery field give him insight into human behavior and psychology.

Duck Hunting: Omar Epps, Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer all appear in the early episodes, but it seems that House may see them only in his head. Chase and Cameron are in Arizona at the start of the season; Cuddy is pissed at House (duh); Foreman is doing diagnostic work at Mercy. Wilson accuses House of feeling guilty about losing his pet ducklings—now promoted to duck status, of course—and I got the impression House may be a little crazier than usual without their moderating influences. Cameron, Chase and Foreman will definitely return to the Housian fold but not immediately or gratuitiously.

Eroticism, Yay! Robert Sean Leonard disagreed with a reporter who suggested House was unlikable and, "at the risk of spreading rumors," he said Wilson finds appeal in House's many attractions and positive attributes, which he then listed in depth. Katie Jacobs also promised a "beautiful makeout session" for Cuddy sometime this season—I personally intend to hold her to that."
  • Outwit, outplay, out-House. That could be the slogan for the third season of Fox’s medical drama. “At the end of last season, House was alone without a team,” says executive producer Katie Jacobs. “[This year], he’ll struggle to decide if he needs a team. He’ll call in more [doctors] than he can use and whittle them down over the weeks in a very Survivor-like fashion.” But expect some of the “contestants” to be left standing. “We’ll have new cast members,” assures Jacobs. “We’re going to have a lot of fun with it.” Let the games begin. From TV Guide.com
  • Five new actors have signed on to star in the upcoming fourth season of the Fox hit, filling the show's quota of smart, pretty people in the wake of the apparent departure of the good doctor's interns.

Olivia Wilde (The O.C.), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar), Peter Jacobson (The Starter Wife), Anne Dudek (Big Day) and Edi Gathegi (Lincoln Heights) will get a lesson in condescension when they join the medical drama this fall.

The network has kept mum on how long each of the would-be replacements will stick around the house Hugh Laurie built; however, E! Online's Watch with Kristin, which first broke the casting news, reports that the fresh meat will stick around for just eight episodes.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Wilde will play a young doctor named Thirteen, which in itself is enough to rile House's feathers. She is expected to work very closely with the diagnostician.

The remaining thesps are expected to play candidates for a fellowship with House, presumably vying for the chance to step into the shoes of Cameron, Chase or Foreman, each of whom wound up on the outs at the close of season three. From E! Online.
  • Universal has announced that House - Season 3 will be a 6-DVD set that will be released on August 21, 2007.
  • I’m hearing exclusively that Olivia Wilde (The Black Donnellys, The O.C.), Kal Penn (24, Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Peter Jacobson (In Justice, Transformers) and Anne Dudek (Big Day) have been hired for a minimum of eight episodes of the coming season!

Does this mean Cameron, Chase and Foreman have been permanently replaced? Not exactly. But it will be nice to have some new blood butting heads with House, no? Weigh in with your thoughts below! From Korbi from Watch With Kristin
  • In a Watch with Kristin video, she tells us that all the ducklings will be back next season. However, they will not be working for House.
  • A lot of you wanted to know if the ducklings would ever need to "grow out" of House and strike out on their own. I took that Q to Katie Jacobs, and she said, "I don't think so. I think that they have been changing since the very beginning of the show, insofar as they now sometimes display very House-like qualities in the risks that they'll take and in their thinking and the way that they try to figure out the answers to the puzzle. I think they would fare very well away
  • House has been renewed for a 24 episode fourth season.

Interviews

Hugh Laurie on Season 4:
Quote:

“I will add that the first three scripts that I read of this season are not only three of the best ‘House’ scripts I've ever read, they're three of the best scripts I've ever read,” Laurie said. “It may be that in the execution of it, we'll make a dreadful hash of it and you'll go, ‘Well, I don't see what the fuss was about. That was a terrible piece of television.’ But purely as scripts, I find them absolutely phenomenal.

“I've never read anything that so ambitiously tries to mix broad comedy and gut-wrenching tragedy and philosophical musings and bizarre literary references all in the space of five seconds,” Laurie continued. “The speed with which it jumps from tone to tone is quite phenomenally ambitious.”
From Watch with Kristin:
Quote:
Jennifer Morrison said her character is MIA in the season premiere: "When you come back for the first episode, you don't know where Cameron is, and in the second episode back, you sort of discover where she's at, but I can't give it away."

Foreman, meanwhile, has struck out on his own. Omar Epps reports, “Well, when we start out the season, he’s heading his own team, and stuff happens there.”

Jesse Spencer, thank heaven, actually spilled some details, telling K.G., “House spends the first episode without anyone there—he doesn't have a team, and it takes quite a few episodes for us to come back. And I'm actually hired back by Cuddy, so now I'm not under House anymore. That adds new weight to the characters. I'm in a different position, and House has to come to me if he's got something he needs.”

Does this mean House can't harass Chase quite as much? "Oh, I don't think so!"

All Here: Robert Sean Leonard filled us in on the rest of gang: "I'm still at Princeton-Plainsboro, as is Lisa [Edelstein]'s character, and the ducklings have gone to wing. House needs a new team, and he goes about it in a very interesting way. And I've only read the first three [scripts], but it is great—it's very fun to watch him whittle these doctors down."

Lack of Quack: Hugh Laurie gave us a little insight into Dr. Gregory’s bitter, black heart. When Korbi asked if he missed his “kids,” Laurie admitted, “The truth is, yes, but House being House, the last thing on earth he wants to do is admit it, but yes, I think it's pretty clear that there is a gap...Whether he wanted to or not, he's grown attached to these people."

On the Heart Beat: Korbi did good for those of you who like your docs hot and bothered, asking around about potential romantic developments for the season. Epps wasn’t optimistic at all, noting, “Foreman’s married to his job.“ Leonard was similarly grim: "A love interest for my character terrifies me in anything I'm in!" Last but not least, any chance of House and Cuddy making out this season? Well, the official word from Hugh Laurie is, “ I have absolutely no idea. That file is under lock and key."

Transcript of interview with David Shore:

Quote:
Are there going to be changes next season?

There are going to be change next year. Different. Don't worry. We're not going to kill the show for you. We love the show, we love the characters, we love the actors. So much about it is how House interacts with people, so we want to open that up a little bit.

Any new cast members?

There could be some additions to the cast next year. I don't know we haven't figured it out yet. We're going to have a lot of fun with it though.

How does it feel to have an audience of 20 million?

Yeah, that's freaky. That's simply freaky. You write something and then you get excited about it and you think it's good, and you know they're putting it on TV and you know there's going to be a few people watching it, and I just want to have the chance to tell stories. I just care that there is enough people watching it so they don't cancel my show, but then I start hearing numbers like 20 – 25 million people; it's a little mind boggling. Then I have people coming from Australia – people in a country halfway around the world – are watching the show. It all just seems...surreal, and I'm still the same guy I always was [he smiles at the camera]. It's bizarre. It's crazy.

Do you feel pressure when writing scripts?

Yeah, you do. I mean you do feel pressure to get it real, to keep the medicine real. Although we're a dramatic show and we want to be entertaining, and we want to be dramatic, we want to have moments of laughter, moments of tears, but you want those moments to be real. The characters aren't real, we made up the characters, but the situations are actually real. These are situations that people actually confront, and what you want to do as a writer - and I'm sure as an actor and as director - is to deal with those moments and play them out and I think that's when the show – I think that is when television is at it's best. Is when people are watching and thinking 'What would I do in that situation?' 'God forbid, I'm in that situation.' 'What would I do?' 'What is the right thing to do?'. So often you see good and bad and right and wrong in fairly simplistic terms, and usually the realities are so much more complicated and there may be a right answer but it's not as simple as we hope.

Will we see a “nicer” side of House?

The reality is we created this character. Hugh Laurie is this character that is nasty and that people love. I'm not turning him into a nice guy tomorrow, nor do I want to actually, and I think the audience wants us to. We're going to continue to explore the nature of this character and how he relates to people IN this way for as long as we possibly can and that's sort of a constant debate - is there a heart of gold inside this character? I think people are projecting this heart of gold because what he is doing is good, but the question is why is he doing it, what are his motives for doing it, are his motives good, or are his motives as crass as 'I'm curious'? Then of course we ask the question does it really matter what his motives are? If what he is doing is something good, does it matter why he is doing it? We can't let him fall into complete evilness, because that's not who he is. That's not real. So, we constantly have to glimpses of him being complicated and complications are more than just how mean and nasty can he be. We have to see both sides, but I actually think we'll run into more trouble if we make him soft. There's a line if you go too far on the nasty side the audience will start disliking your character, but if you make him too nice I think he just isn't who he is.

How will the other characters develop?

It's a little more. We'll continue to do a little bit of what we did in Season 3. A little bit more than we had. Primarily the show is about what happens in this building. This fake building.

What about the relationship between House and Cuddy?

Yeah, that is something we're looking at. That is what we're exploring for next year. It doesn't seem to matter what we write when Lisa and Hugh get in a room together somehow there always seems to be sexual tension there. Now, in fairness we have written him commenting on her ass about 20 times.

Will their relationship suffer if they get together?

That is a challenge that you face on TV all the time. We have to do it in a House way. We can't have him start dating, and be happy, and live together, but you know..maybe one episode something will happen and they'll have to deal with that. I think that'll be next season. We haven't really mapped it out yet, but that's what we're talking about.

Why do you think the audience like House's character so much?

I don't know. I wrote him and I didn't expect so many people to like him, but I liked him and I guess they sort of had the same reaction I had. He says things that we all want to say. That's something that people quite often say about other people. He's not afraid. He's not afraid to speak his mind. He's not afraid to speak back to authority. That's a very attractive quality. I also have a theory – that we all deal with jerks. Every single job in the world would be better if you didn't have to deal with the jerks around you. I'm probably the jerk to somebody and you're probably the jerk to somebody and we all have that we have to deal with and we go 'Oh,God' and our jobs would be much more pleasant if we could just do the job part of our job. House calls the jerks jerks, and I think that is something that we all wish we could do and would like to do.

How would it be if all doctors behaved the way House does?

It would be horrible. I've enjoyed the episodes when Foreman....there is one episode when Foreman says to Cuddy that if you ratify what he is doing you may save this life, but if it became known if doctors could do whatever they wanted to do whenever they wanted to do it... we'd have bodies dropping constantly. He gets away with it because he is so smart, and that's part of the difficulty we try and talk about it in the series. There are rules. House is frustrated by rules, but rules exist for a reason. They're not always right, but if anyone can ignore them whenever they wanted to it's not going to be so great, but House can.
Ask Ausiello

Quote:
Question: I'm dying to hear the latest scoop on House!— Jim
Ausiello: Did you hear? Christmas has been extended through January! Due to a strike-related scheduling issue, House's holiday episode won't air until Jan. 29! Crazy, huh? And here's an added scoopbit: Helping to spread some of that belated holiday cheer is none other than West Wing's Janel Moloney. She's guesting in the episode as a patient — a single mom with an atypical relationship with her young daughter.
Quote:
Question: Do you have any scoop on the post-Super Bowl episode of House? — Suzanne

Ausiello: Yes, but it's a little bit of a bummer. As I first scooped in this week's Ausiello Report vodcast, a planned two-part episode that was going to air after the big game and then continue the following Tuesday was scrapped due to the strike. Instead, a regular eppy guest-starring Oscar winner Mira Sorvino will take its place. Not to rub salt in the wound or anything, but I am obliged to add that, based on my chat last week with exec producer Katie Jacobs, I suspect the original two-parter would've advanced either the Huddy or Hameron storylines in a big way. Speaking of which, as promised, here's what Ms. Jacobs had to say about how Chase and Cameron might fold back into House's team in '08. "The question is not really when, it's how, insofar as they're now each in their own domain doing really well. But is it bugging Cameron that she's not really in on all of House's business? And how is it for Chase to be head of a department? And when those things become clearer, then I think we'll know what the hospital is going to look like." Meaning that in the end, the new doctors and the old doctors will end up working together, right? Right? "That I can't say for sure," she demurs. "Right now, we're just exploring how Cameron and Chase running different departments either helps or hinders House. And how much they like being away from him and having their own space, or how much they don't like being away from them."
Quote:
Please tell us something about House and Cameron! — Ostarbucko

Ausiello: I'll do ya one better >—heh heh, I said "do ya" — and add Cuddy to the mix in a way that you may never have imagined (but Friday Night Lights fans probably easily can). To that end, I give you a brief transcript of my red-carpet chat with exec producers Katie Jacobs and David Shore. Helpful hint: It's more fun if you get a couple of friends and read it aloud together.

Me: My readers would kill me if I didn't ask about House and Cameron. And House and Cuddy. What can you give me? Something? Anything?
David Shore: Something's happening between House and Cuddy.
Me: That's something!
David: We haven't given up on House and Cameron, either.
Me: Would you rule out a threesome?
David: Would I, right now?
Me: Not the three of us, no.
Katie Jacobs: In principle, I don't ever think you could ever rule out a threesome.
David: Katie has strong views on that.
Katie: Well, this is House.

Question: I'm dying for some scoop on House. — Rachel Moore
Ausiello: I have — brace yourself — seen the first two episodes of the new season, and they are awesome. Although we all know that Cameron, Chase and Foreman will eventually wind up back at the hospital, I was shocked to find out that not a single one of them makes an appearance in Episode 1. Even more surprising, when we do see them in Episode 2, and more significantly, when House sees them, he thinks they are figments of his imagination. (And you thought you were going to miss them.) By the end of the hour, however, Cameron is revealed to be the real deal, and House, bittersweet-talker that he is, has resumed their flirtatious exchange in exactly the manner you'd expect of him. It's hysterical.
If you have anymore spoilers that you would like in this post just post them in this thread or send them to me via PM. If you think someone is unfairly credited or have any other problems just let me know. Spoilers are always subject to change.

Previous Thread

Last edited by meli5; 12-22-2007 at 08:04 AM
Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

Someone posted the Australian promo for "Ugly" here no new scenes or anything and it's a lot more dramatic than the US one

Last edited by marina86; 11-12-2007 at 03:57 AM
Old 11-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread and the link!!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, thanks for the new thread and the promo. Some scenes are actually a little bit new

Somone mentioned in the previous thread that thereäs only 6 episodesleft, but that's wrong. It's about 10 left accoring to David Shore
Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

Really? the only new one I noticed were House standing next to the MRI this promo seemed shorter.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Yay new thread, great title by the way.
The Australian promo is a lot more dramatic
Old 11-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It's about 10 left accoring to David Shore
Thank god. I don't think I can live without House.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

^love your icon Shikabane-Mai! What ep is it from and is that House Cuddy is looking at?

Oh yes, of course thanks for the new thread

But seriously, that strike is going to make me mad. I´ve completely lost track of the eps we´ve left and their airdate/ return date and now they probably can´t make anything special for the Super Bowl day
Old 11-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

I love this title!

I'm so happy that we have 10 more episodes left. That's almost a full season? lol
Old 11-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
^love your icon Shikabane-Mai! What ep is it from and is that House Cuddy is looking at?
That's actually Lisa in the pilot of The West Wing. How I wished it was House though.

Quote:
I'm so happy that we have 10 more episodes left. That's almost a full season?
I'm glad at least House isn't going to cancel most of its season. I mean, look at Heroes, they're already ending their season with so little episodes.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Old 11-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Ausiello from TV Guide says that there are 6 episodes of House left to air.

Quote:
House: Twelve episodes will be produced. Six episodes have aired, so there are six left.

Link
Old 11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's weird, because Shore says there's 10 :-)
Old 11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

I thought he said they've filmed 10?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Well it's either 6 or 10, but I hope it's 10. Though I heard David Shore say on the news that there'll be 10 more.