Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Hannibal - Episode 1.13 - Savoureu (Season Finale) - Promotional Photos | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all that. This show got a board.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonxnavade (View Post)
Thanks for all that. This show got a board.
Did it? That's cool.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
06/13/2013 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : After Georgia Madchen (Ellen Muth) dies in an explosion, Will (Hugh Dancy) asserts that the copy cat killer is still alive. The BAU team links Abigail (Kacey Rohl) to the Minnesota Shrike victims and plan to arrest her only to find Will has checked her out of the hospital. Will's hallucinations intensify, causing him to lose Abigail in Minnesota. Meanwhile, Hannibal's (Mads Milkkelson) subtle manipulation convinces Jack (Laurence Fishburne) that Will is capable of murder. Hannibal makes an astonishing admission to Abigail.

Gillian Anderson, Lara Jean Chorostecki, guest.
Hannibal - Episode 1.12 - Relevés - Synopsis | Spoilers

Quote:
06/20/2013 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : HANNIBAL PROVES TO BE NO FRIEND TO WILL AND JACK AND ALANA COME TO BELIEVE WILL IS CAPABLE OF MURDER - When Will (Hugh Dancy) returns from Minnesota without Abigail (Kacey Rohl), Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) turns Will in and Jack (Laurence Fishburne) and the BAU team find strong evidence of Will having killed not only Abigail but additional evidence points to all the murders of the Copy Cat Killer. Jack and Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) begin to accept that Will is indeed capable of murder. Will is arrested and in a desperate attempt to escape, breaks his own thumb to slip the handcuffs and frees himself. Will takes Hannibal back to Minnesota to clear his name and to prove Hannibal's guilt. But before he can, the situation takes another ugly and unexpected turn.

Gillian Anderson guests.

Hannibal - Episode 1.13 - Savoureux - Synopsis | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Banned

Yes we got a board and the show has been renewed for a second course in the same week!

Very few seem to post there which is a shame, the show is so popular that it got his own board rather quickly!

I just wanted to rant against NBC for writing such spoilery synopsis: it's one thing to sum up the episode in an exciting way for the potential viewers, and it's an other very different to spoil the death of a character!

And NBC staff in charge of the promotion of the show obviously doesn't understand it

The confrontation between Will and Hannibal is happening so quickly: i imagined something like that being the cliffhangher for season 2!

I wonder if it's related to Will's sickness: i hope that the writers won't resolve the plot by justifying all the events and the whole acting weird by the encephalitis and won't end up on Will playing Hannibal next season by making him believe that he doesn't remember what happened, a least until he got evidences against him.

I think it would be too easy and predictable.

Edit to add the promo vid for 1x11 Rôti:

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 06-03-2013 at 06:46 AM
Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Really, whoever writes the press releases should be let go. They sound so off and clunky. Really, "After Will breaks his finger and slips his hands out of the handcuffs" is way too much detail right there. The press release should be giving a basic summary idea of what will happen, not a play by play up through the last few minutes of the episode.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:49 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for all the news. Congrats on the board, too!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkel567 (View Post)
Really, whoever writes the press releases should be let go. They sound so off and clunky. Really, "After Will breaks his finger and slips his hands out of the handcuffs" is way too much detail right there. The press release should be giving a basic summary idea of what will happen, not a play by play up through the last few minutes of the episode.
ITA

Does anyone know where to watch the webclips?
NBC doesn't make them available for the international audience on YT, and the site SpoilersTV doesn't work for me

Bryan Fuller did a very good and complete interview with Collider in May 2013.

He gave some scoops and spoilers:

Quote:
Is there any chance you’ll be exploring romantic relationships with Dr. Lecter?

FULLER: Oh, yeah, we absolutely are going to go there. There are two distinct flirtations that we’re playing with, and the intention is absolutely to go there with his character. I imagine he would be a fantastic lover. Mads and I have talked quite a bit about how Hannibal loves beautiful things, so he would love women and he would love a woman’s spirit. Unless she’s an *******, she’s not in danger. So, that is absolutely going to be in the cards. I’m excited for those stories and the opportunity to see that other side of the character. We will see him in romantic situation, not necessarily in the first season, but the players are all set up in the first season.
Quote:
How did Gillian Anderson come to be a part of the show?

FULLER: I loved working with her and writing for her. That was very much a career highlight, being able to work with her. I was such a huge fan of The X-Files. Beyond The X-Files, she was amazing as Miss Havisham (in Great Expectations). She’s a fantastic actress, and she’s great in the show, as Hannibal’s psychiatrist. Originally, the role was written for a much older actress that had retired because of age. Then, as we were talking about actresses and about who was appropriate, the casting person at NBC said, “Well, if you make the character younger, what do you think about Gillian Anderson?,” and I was like, “I’ll make the character younger.” So, I rewrote the character and the retirement hinged not on her leaving the industry because she’s of retirement age, but because of an event. Hannibal Lecter is her only patient because she retired and he is the only one who ignored her retirement. They have a very specific relationship around an event that we will explore over the course of the season, in a very subtle way, keying up a bigger story for them, down the road. What’s fascinating for me about having those actors in a scene is that they each have an icy control to them, but they’re both very sexy. You have these two cool, sexy people in an environment where they are talking about intimacy and deepest thoughts, so there’s this sexual tension that vibrates under their scenes, in a really nice way.
Quote:
It’s a huge gift to be able to know the destination of these characters and know that, in Season 4, we’re going to be telling the Red Dragon story. That’s a buoy that we’re swimming to, in the storyline. So, it’s exciting, on that level, to know that we have a destination, but we’re also mixing things up. Events that have happened in the books will happen, but they may not necessarily evolve all of the players that were involved because we are creating a new introduction to Will Graham and Hannibal Lecter that didn’t exist in the literature, and everything has a ripple effect. There will be folks that are hardcore fans of the novels who will say, “Oh, my god, they totally told that story, but they’re telling it with this character instead of that character, even though the events still happen.” I’m hoping that it is as satisfying to fans of the movies, as it is to fans of the literature, and also welcoming to new audiences who aren’t familiar with either of those properties.
For that i understand, Hannibal will be part of a triangle next season, maybe two.
One with a woman whom he will seduce, the other with a woman he will flirt with and try to seduce.
Considering that Bryan said the players have been already set up in season 1, it can only be for me Dr Du Maurier (Mads qualified their relationship as kinky, and Bryan said in the interview that i posted that their scenes are very sexy and filled with sexual tension) and Alana (because of their scenes in Oeuf and Sorbet)
I can see Bedelia protecting him against the FBI investigation and becoming at the same time his lover. But i believe if it happens, she will end the season 2 killed (Gillian has teased a strong arc coming for her in season 2).

However, i think he will pursue Alana but fail. It can lead to a 2nd triangle with Will, because i don't see her feelings for Will going anywhere and these two will probably maintain a strong connection/friendship despite all that happened to him.
Hannibal already noticed that Will and him have Alana in common. So if his relationship with Will go down in season 2, he will use her to continue to manipulate him and mess with his attempt to find balance and stability. Hannibal will do it even more easily since he's really attracted by her.
I don't think that Hannibal can win her, so in my view it will end very badly for her too. Not convinced she will be in season 3, considering that Bryan mentionned on twitter that Molly will appear in season 3, and in the books she's a love interest for Will, they end up married.
So something bad must to happen to Alana if they introduce a new female lead character.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for posting a link to that interview!

Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Banned

You're welcome

I wish more people would post there: i posted a link in the new board for this thread, but we are still alone.

Quote:
Will anyone know the truth about Dr. Lecter by the end of Hannibal's first season? — Chris
ADAM: Well, what do you make of this? Abigail Hobbs, who knows more of Hannibal's secrets than anyone, returns in this week's penultimate episode. "She [still] doesn't know that he's a murderer," executive producer Bryan Fuller points out. "We see all [his] movements in shadow, but we've been very careful about what we expose other characters to." But it sounds like that will change. "He never really acknowledges [what he is] to another character until very, very late in the season."
TVGuide

I'm certain that Abigail is nonetheless not in danger to die: he will reveal hmself not because he's forced to, but because he wants to. I think it was his intention from the start: to have a limited circle of people (Will, Abigail) with whom he can drop his "human veil", his "person suit" because he's frustrated to wear it all the time.

Edit to add a link to the preview clip for the next episode Relevés:

Preview Clip: Hannibal 1.12, “Releves”

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 06-12-2013 at 03:30 PM
Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned

Hugh Dancy did an interview with TV LINE.
The man is apparently spoilerphobic, so no real spoilers but he teased a little the relationship between Alana and Will during season 2 and the moment of realization for Will of Hannibal's real identity:

Quote:
TVLINE | What can you tease about the Will/Alana relationship in upcoming episodes? She’s repeatedly said they can’t have a romantic relationship, but they seem drawn to each other regardless.
Put it this way: Neither of us die this season. So there’s always a future. It was always interesting to me to imagine how the hell someone like Will Graham would have any kind of romantic life. That’s what we were scratching away [at]… Without giving too much away about how this season ends, the whole dynamic is going to be shifted next season. It’ll be interesting to see.
Quote:
TVLINE | Bryan Fuller has said next season will see the break-up of Will and Hannibal’s bromance.
[Laughs] Did he say that? It’s safe to say, we’re getting into that territory… Will is meant to be the most intelligent guy on the Earth and the best at his job. But he’s suffering. He hasn’t got all the cards in his hand. Whether that happens this season or next season, I don’t want to be too specific. But we’ll get there.

Quote:
TVLINE | What can you tell us about this season’s finale?
It all comes to a head. We’re not going to leave you hanging.

TVLINE | Will Will get a lot worse before he gets better?
[Laughs] Yes. He gets worse before he gets better.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the interview bits. I would love to see more Will/Alana.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
The promo for the Hannibal finale shows Will being arrested. Is that for real? — Susan
ADAM: Yep. Let's just say that Hannibal made a very compelling case against Will to Jack Crawford in the penultimate episode, and Will doesn't do much in the way of making himself look very innocent. Case in point: Wait until you see (or should we say, hear) what's in Will's kitchen sink.
TVGuide

Source

Old 06-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm sad if they're actually dismantling the "bromance" so early in the show. I thought they could easily string the Hannibal/Will dynamic well into the second or even into the third.
Bryan Fuller stated he has agame plan for the show that would have the events of Red Dragon taking place in a prospective season four - so I assumed the actual arrest of Hannibal by Will would occur in season three, and thus they'd still be "friends" until that point.

From what we've seen, though, Will seems pretty set on Hannibal being a threat...unless it ends with him (FINALLY) discovering his brain condition, undergoing surgery, Hannibal redirecting the murders to someone else, and post-op Will thinking Hannibal's guilt as nothing but a figment of his disorder? It's a stretch, but I really don't want the Hannibal/Will dynamic to change so fast!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootlesFTW (View Post)
I'm sad if they're actually dismantling the "bromance" so early in the show. I thought they could easily string the Hannibal/Will dynamic well into the second or even into the third.
The bromance died in Buffet Froid, when Hannibal hide from Will his disease, putting his life in danger. It was hard enough to see Will suffer as much because of Hannibal's manipulation during the last 3 episodes, no need to drag it.

Also i want to see Will fight back and win some points. Hannibal should lost his conviction to be god -alike, his arrogance and overconfidence.

And the BAU team would have looked very stupid to not be able to see what is in front of them from the beginning during 1 or 2 additional seasons.

Quote:
Bryan Fuller stated he has agame plan for the show that would have the events of Red Dragon taking place in a prospective season four - so I assumed the actual arrest of Hannibal by Will would occur in season three, and thus they'd still be "friends" until that point.(
Bryan described season 2 as the nasty break up. Hannibal's true identity being revealed at the end of the season.

Season 3 is supposed to be a manhunher with a time jump before the beginning of season 4.

So hannibal won't be arrested before season 4.

Quote:
From what we've seen, though, Will seems pretty set on Hannibal being a threat...unless it ends with him (FINALLY) discovering his brain condition, undergoing surgery, Hannibal redirecting the murders to someone else, and post-op Will thinking Hannibal's guilt as nothing but a figment of his disorder? It's a stretch, but I really don't want the Hannibal/Will dynamic to change so fast!
Based on the last episodes, and Bryan's previous interviews, it seems like Will end up institutionalized in the finale, being accused of the copycat murders.

I think his friends will discover his encephalitis, which might delayed the trial, and during that time ( next season) the BAU team will find the evidences of his innocence and disculp him.

Since he's not currently under medication and has a problem of memory loss and time loss, he won't able to prove immediately that Hannibal is responsible of the copycat murders, or even that he's the ripper. But i think he will keep the feeling/knwoledge that Hannibal tried to frame him and will strongly distrust him during all the next season.
It will probably take almost the entire season to gather the evidences against him. Once, his true identity will be revealed, we'll get probably few murders. Main characters included i suppose.

So i see season 2 being the season of hostility and competition to get the truth.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread